2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,862 posts
  • 151 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Jackontherocks
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 655 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6372 (resized).jpeg
    makers (resized).jpg
    Davidson (resized).jpg
    15685966378464992390287970171611 (resized).jpg
    5580315F-7547-442E-8745-A2EF94D4BC4C (resized).jpeg
    EC6FAF97-B621-4863-884E-25C10AB46BFD (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6357 (resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_6355 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7398 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7396 (resized).JPG
    image (resized).jpg
    IMG_7378 (resized).JPG
    IMG_7376 (resized).JPG
    race (resized).jpeg

There are 1862 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 38.
    #1801 11 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’d recommend you give one a try. I found it smooth with some woodsy tones.
    I’m not a regular cigar smoker so I’d be interested in what you think.
    In fact, send me a PM and I’ll send ya one!
    [quoted image]

swillie was actually channeling my inner energy. Please send cigars and pappy or Elmer or stagg or you’re sweat after drinking any of the after mentioned- beggars can’t be choosey

#1802 11 days ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

swillie was actually channeling my inner energy. Please send cigars and pappy or Elmer or stagg or you’re sweat after drinking any of the after mentioned- beggars can’t be choosey

I’m wantin’ Me some Elmer’s. Trade ya. (:

#1803 10 days ago

Feeling pretty good about my supply of Blantons. it's time to source a couple bottles of Elmer Lee now.

Resized_20190907_203236 (resized).jpeg
    #1804 10 days ago

Well it was time to bust open one of my boxes and sample the goods. Ahhhh!!!!

20190909_160552 (resized).jpg
    #1805 10 days ago

The goal is a complete set of Blanton's toppers. (:

#1806 9 days ago

Pre hump day Pioneer Spirits.

BEF33618-B918-4A51-8123-CEE328BBB0A2 (resized).jpeg

#1807 9 days ago

For my tastes JJBowman SB>Blanton’s. If you’re chasing Blanton’s to no avail, grab some of this.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Pre hump day Pioneer Spirits.
    [quoted image]

#1808 8 days ago

Damn this good stuff!

20190911_141632 (resized).jpg
    #1809 8 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Damn this good stuff![quoted image]

Never had it, gotta try me some of that stuff.

#1810 8 days ago

Mini bourbon in Maui......

29243521-BE52-4EBD-B915-431A8A3C1929 (resized).jpeg
    #1811 8 days ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Mini bourbon in Maui......[quoted image]

Beautiful... that mini is a start!

#1812 7 days ago

This is a pretty decent haul for today I really like the single barrel Taylor. I keep running into this Stagg jr. but I wish I would run into Big Daddy Stagg instead

Screenshot_20190912-093725_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    #1813 7 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I keep running into this Stagg jr. but I wish I would run into Big Daddy Stagg instead

Wish I had this problem. Have never seen a Stagg jr in the wild.

#1814 7 days ago

I have picked up three bottles of the Stagg Jr here in the last two to three weeks so they must have dumped a bunch into the market here probably over the last month. One of the vendors was telling me that Elmer Lee was supposed to have also been dumped into the market but I have yet to see a bottle of that anywhere at the places I swing by

#1815 7 days ago

Finally got a decent score for my area today. A bottle of Green Label poor man's pappy. They got a whopping 2 bottles on the truck today. Actually paid retail $22.99 for it which is even better. It's by far the cheapest bottle I have but I'm sure happy to have gotten it. I'm afraid to crack it open. Who would have ever thought that a bottom shelf product would be in such demand.

#1816 7 days ago

WTF...
    No, I didn't but I wanted to.

FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg

#1817 7 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

WTF...
    No, I didn't.
    [quoted image]

Did you? I’ve heard that stuff is amazing but man...that’s a lot of scratch for a bottle of booze.

#1818 7 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

This is a pretty decent haul for today I really like the single barrel Taylor. I keep running into this Stagg jr. but I wish I would run into Big Daddy Stagg instead[quoted image]

Your bunker is rounding out nicely. Nice haul. That batch 12 of Stagg Jr. is REALLY good, just popped mine last week.

#1819 7 days ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Your bunker is rounding out nicely. Nice haul. That batch 12 of Stagg Jr. is REALLY good, just popped mine last week.

Haven't cracked that one open yet i have 1 open i'm sippin on and 3 sealed up. Its some seeiously good stuff and also the abv has gone up on the last 2 bottles I bought

#1820 7 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

WTF...
    No, I didn't but I wanted to.
    [quoted image]

lots of dust on that bottle... maybe you could talk 'um down $40 bucks and get it for $200 even. idk what the MSRP is but is any bourbon priced at that nowadays? I pay $2-3 over MSRP on my Very Old Barton's....

#1821 7 days ago

hmmm is this a trend in bourbon? hope so

pasted_image (resized).png

I will say that more mid-range opinion stuff (Weller SR, ER, EH Rye, AE, AE Rye, etc) has become easier to find as of lately. 1 of my stops has had 6 bottles of EJ Barrel Proof sitting for 2 weeks and priced at MSRP.

#1822 7 days ago

Yeah. Took a little bit to pick up steam but burbs is always good. ESP w the weather changing

#1823 7 days ago

It's now 1:59 am and like all good roadkill fans, we're not giving up the chase....

It took some original modification but looking tomorrow to capture the peak.. we can do it!!

race (resized).jpeg

#1824 7 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

It's now 1:59 am and like all good roadkill fans, we're not giving up the chase....
    It took some original modification but looking tomorrow to capture the peak.. we can do it!!
    [quoted image]

Damn Don you don't ever stop, hell I thought I was the only one up at this hour...

#1825 6 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I’d recommend you give one a try. I found it smooth with some woodsy tones. Like smokin’ some Pappy. (;
    I’m not a regular cigar smoker so I’d be interested in what you think.
    In fact, send me a PM and I’ll send ya one!
    [quoted image]

Dude!! You rule the fricken' planet today! Can't say thanks enough. Now to keep on topic, I have been hording these two bourbons awhile. The Knob Creek is a local stores private selection and was in the barrel over 13 years. So which one should I crack open with this stick?

IMG_7376 (resized).JPGIMG_7378 (resized).JPG
    #1826 6 days ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Dude!! You rule the fricken' planet today! Can't say thanks enough. Now to keep on topic, I have been hording these two bourbons awhile. The Knob Creek is a local stores private selection and was in the barrel over 13 years. So which one should I crack open with this stick?[quoted image][quoted image]

I think I would go with the K.C.

#1827 6 days ago

Knob Creek... Knob Creek.... KC

#1828 6 days ago

Anyone had the dickel 13 yr BIB? Idk it was even a thing until I stumbled on it. $50+tax

#1829 6 days ago

Like many, I started with Wild Turkey 101, Makers, and Woodford. Although my palette has changed I still enjoy all three, especially the variations. I love all things Wild Turkey (Russell’s, Rare Breed, WBSafell etc.), Maker’s Cask strength, 46, and the private select store picks. This is my favorite Woodford offspring, the double oaked. It’s really sweet so Incan only have one or two but it’s damn delicious.

image (resized).jpg
    #1830 5 days ago

Watching the MSU game. Oh man this Knob Creek is really smooth for the proof yet still bursts with flavor as these high proof whiskeys usually do. My first time with KC since my first bottle which was the first bourbon ever for me and set the hook. Waited way too long to sip it again. And the Pappy cigar compliments of fulltilt is really awesome. Some of the tobacco in this is from Kentucky was dried for weeks over a slow fire. The cold aroma was like burning barnyard hay. Lit it is smoking really smooth with lots of wood (not in my pants), great ambient aroma and flavors. Ash is holding well, Drew Estate cigar so no surprise. Perfect pairing with this bourbon.

IMG_7396 (resized).JPGIMG_7398 (resized).JPG
    #1831 5 days ago

Generosity abounds! Damn good stuff. Here's one to chisox !

IMG_6355 (resized).jpeg

#1832 5 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Generosity abounds! Damn good stuff. Here's one to chisox !
    [quoted image]

I’ll drink to that! Cheers!

image (resized).jpg
    #1833 5 days ago

OH Baby! It's time...
    Bought them but to drink!

IMG_6357 (resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg

#1834 5 days ago

Count me in , fulltilt!

EC6FAF97-B621-4863-884E-25C10AB46BFD (resized).jpeg
    #1835 5 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Damn Don you don't ever stop, hell I thought I was the only one up at this hour...

NEVER! When you’re my age .. how did Janis put it? “Get it while you can”

5580315F-7547-442E-8745-A2EF94D4BC4C (resized).jpeg

#1836 5 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Count me in , fulltilt![quoted image]

You’re an Independent!

#1837 5 days ago

You are too! It is my favorite out of the 5, followed by 2. How about you?

#1838 5 days ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

You are too! It is my favorite out of the 5, followed by 2. How about you?

I have no experience but the III and it's great.

#1839 4 days ago

Picked up Taylor Single Barrel and Dickel BIB. Not a bad day.

15685966378464992390287970171611 (resized).jpg
    #1840 3 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Good old Tennessee sour mash.
    [quoted image]

Well Don it may be Tennessee whiskey but apparently it's not sold in Memphis, Tennessee. My buddy went to Kirby's, Joes and Busters over the weekend and all said they do not carry Davidsons reserve. Looks like it's pretty damn tuff to find Tennessee whiskey not only outside of tennessee but also within it.

#1841 3 days ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well Don it may be Tennessee whiskey but apparently it's not sold in Memphis, Tennessee. My buddy went to Kirby's, Joes and Busters over the weekend and all said they do not carry Davidsons reserve. Looks like it's pretty damn tuff to find Tennessee whiskey not only outside of tennessee but also within it.

You must have failed to read the fine print... LOL!
    If they still have a few, I'll pick you up one. (:

Davidson (resized).jpg

#1842 3 days ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

You must have failed to read the fine print... LOL!
    If they still have a few, I'll pick you up one. (:
    [quoted image]

Hold on a minute. You mean Small Batch is an actual real meaning? Damn all this time I thought it was just a marketing gimmick!

#1843 2 days ago

Saw this on limited sale at my local Costco but hesitated to buy it because I'm not too familiar with the Makers Cask strength line of bourbons. For $70, should I just dive in?

makers (resized).jpg
    #1844 2 days ago

That is a helluva good price. I just paid about 60 for the Private Select (Store Selection).

#1845 2 days ago

Nope.... rum is the pinball drink for me (sorry had to chime in on your bourbon parade)

- Kirk and Sweeney 23 year
    - Don Pancho
    - The Kraken (with some ginger beer)

#1846 2 days ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Saw this on limited sale at my local Costco but hesitated to buy it because I'm not too familiar with the Makers Cask strength line of bourbons. For $70, should I just dive in?

What size are those bottles?

#1847 2 days ago
    Quoted from Fremen:

Nope.... rum is the pinball drink for me (sorry had to chime in on your bourbon parade)
    - Kirk and Sweeney 23 year
    - Don Pancho
    - The Kraken (with some ginger beer)

White Claw thread is that way, brosef! ------------------------------------>

Haha, J/K, I have a soft spot for some of these high aged rums that have been popping up recently, especially at their respective price points! It's like bourbon was 10 years ago; I can get a 15 year aged for under $25! The K&S line has been very good, as I have sampled many of them at a friends place, and they are all outstanding; big time werthers/butterscotch bombs!

Quoted from djreddog:

Saw this on limited sale at my local Costco but hesitated to buy it because I'm not too familiar with the Makers Cask strength line of bourbons. For $70, should I just dive in?[quoted image]

If those are 750's, I'd grab as many as I could reasonably afford (assuming you like MM), @ $23.33 a bottle, that's insanely cheap. I'm guessing those are 375's based on the price, and that's not even that bad...

#1848 2 days ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

White Claw thread is that way, brosef! ------------------------------------>
    Haha, J/K, I have a soft spot for some of these high aged rums that have been popping up recently, especially at their respective price points! It's like bourbon was 10 years ago; I can get a 15 year aged for under $25! The K&S line has been very good, as I have sampled many of them at a friends place, and they are all outstanding; big time werthers/butterscotch bombs

i enjoy the challenge of trying to turn my visiting bourbonite friends with a pairing of stellar rum and Indiana Jones!

#1849 2 days ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

What size are those bottles?

Our local Costco had those as well last time I went thru. Bottles seemed small (must have been 375) so I passed.

#1850 2 days ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Bottles seemed small (must have been 375)

Yes, these are 375ml bottles.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 137.00
    $ 30.00
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 20.90
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Haus
    $ 6,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Decals
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 25.50
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 149.00
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    There are 1862 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 38.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside