Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 235.
    #1751 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Pick up some Voyage 14 if you get a chance.

what's that run near you if you don't mind me asking? I think I saw some at $150 if I remember correctly. For me to go in at that price it would have to be really special. But if you say it's great I might take a chance.

#1752 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

what's that run near you if you don't mind me asking? I think I saw some at $150 if I remember correctly. For me to go in at that price it would have to be really special. But if you say it's great I might take a chance.

right @ $100 for the cask

#1753 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Pick up some Voyage 14 if you get a chance. It's got that great finish that makes for a 'real' bourbon experience.
    No, it's not a GTS but it's nice, smooth and good.
    [quoted image]

This bottle is unbelievably good and I have saved it due to the very large irregularities between bottles from the same voyage. The finish on this is absolutely salted caramel and its just impossible to describe how wonderful it is. My father in law bought a bottle from the same voyage and you would never know it. His tasted awful, it tasted metallic and left a awful taste in your mouth. I have never bought another bottle of Jeffersons since that.

20190902_164215 (resized).jpg20190902_164215 (resized).jpg20190902_164222 (resized).jpg20190902_164222 (resized).jpg
    #1754 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

How tight can you go..?
    [quoted image]

Getting a little snug

IMG_20190902_180551 (resized).jpgIMG_20190902_180551 (resized).jpg
    #1755 4 years ago
    Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Getting a little snug [quoted image]

Aww man welcome to the club it's clear you have caught the bourbon bug.

#1756 4 years ago

Got into some Elmer after seeing it. Still good.

40AFEC54-A945-4C4A-8BC4-2976463803FC (resized).jpeg40AFEC54-A945-4C4A-8BC4-2976463803FC (resized).jpeg
    #1757 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Got into some Elmer after seeing it. Still good.[quoted image]

Elmer is some really good stuff and I need a refill but haven't seen a bottle for sale for a while.

#1758 4 years ago

My poker buddy came through. I'm good until New Years (I already had had two)

20190723_145249 (resized).jpg20190723_145249 (resized).jpg20190712_144719 (resized).jpg20190712_144719 (resized).jpg
    #1759 4 years ago

Not sure "too much Blanton's" is a thing.

#1760 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

My poker buddy came through. I'm good until New Years (I already had had two)[quoted image][quoted image]

Well you can now focus on some weller full proof since you are all stocked up on blantons

#1761 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well you can now focus on some weller full proof since you are all stocked up on blantons

Much like CYPB, with these new yearly "special/limited" weller releases (ala CEHT), you won't be seeing these "hit the shelves", but rather held back for big spending regulars (at probably an inflated price), or peddled on the secondary...

I've practically done an about face in the last few months; I've been grabbing scotches (peat bombs being my new sipping weakness), under appreciated value bourbons (MMCS, OGDBIB, WT101), and *gasp!* even blended American whiskies *gasp!*

Had an impromptu gathering over the weekend and decided to make a classic, really old-school bourbon amaretto punch for the guests. Instead of dumping in a 1.75 of something more expensive/hard to find (I'd usually use WSR or BT), I used a $15.99 handle of Calvert Extra, and kicked it up with some generic Trader Vic's over-proofed amaretto. I had about 40 people giggling for $32, with nary a complaint, and even a few compliments of it being the best punch they ever had. I may try Heaven Hill white label next time to technically make it "bourbon punch", but I don't really see handles of it in my area and am not sure what they cost.

For those that can't get Blanton's on the regular, I MAY be able to grab some and get them out, for cost+, as long as the shippee assumes all risk for breakage/confiscation (I've shipped MANY a bottle of *ahem* "Olive Oil/Homemade Artesian Barbeque Sauce/Maple Syrup" to friends all over the country without a single problem, so I wouldn't worry too much). Typically, it sits on the shelves here between $50-$65.

#1762 4 years ago

I couldn't pass on Blantons at retail price in my area but I am still wanting to try Weller full proof or any of the E.H. Taylor's (except small batch).

#1763 4 years ago

Feeling good after todays score. I couldn't walk away and leave it on the shelf for only $55.

20190904_092553 (resized).jpg20190904_092553 (resized).jpg
    #1764 4 years ago

I will be at the York pinball show (both days). If anyone is interested in me grabbing specific bottles of bourbon to bring to the show shoot me a PM.

#1765 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

This bottle is unbelievably good and I have saved it due to the very large irregularities between bottles from the same voyage. The finish on this is absolutely salted caramel and its just impossible to describe how wonderful it is. My father in law bought a bottle from the same voyage and you would never know it. His tasted awful, it tasted metallic and left a awful taste in your mouth. I have never bought another bottle of Jeffersons since that.[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm currently enjoying Voyage #17.
    If you haven't tried Jeffersons Wood Collection, I'd say give it a try.

#1766 4 years ago

Just picked this one up has anyone tried it yet?

20190906_090053 (resized).jpg20190906_090053 (resized).jpg20190906_090100 (resized).jpg20190906_090100 (resized).jpg
    #1767 4 years ago

Apparently the Sun Shines on a dog's ass every now and then after all. I stopped in at Total Wine on way home and they just happened to get Eagle Rare ,Weller special 1.75 bottles and Blanton's and I could not believe that the Weller was only $29.99. I would have bought all the Weller that they had but they limit you to two bottles and you can't buy two of the same product.

20190906_121139 (resized).jpg20190906_121139 (resized).jpg
    #1768 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Good old Tennessee sour mash.
    [quoted image]

Hey Don i've been meaning to ask how was this Davidsons? I've had a couple stores I stop at check to see if they could get it and they have never heard of it.

#1769 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey Don i've been meaning to ask how was this Davidsons? I've had a couple stores I stop at check to see if they could get it and they have never heard of it.

My unsophisticated taste loved it! (:

#1770 4 years ago

Bourbon paraphernalia.

pappy1 (resized).jpegpappy1 (resized).jpeg
    pappy2 (resized).jpegpappy2 (resized).jpeg

#1771 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Bourbon paraphernalia.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Ok now im salivating..

#1772 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Apparently the Sun Shines on a dog's ass every now and then after all. I stopped in at Total Wine on way home and they just happened to get Eagle Rare ,Weller special 1.75 bottles and Blanton's and I could not believe that the Weller was only $29.99. I would have bought all the Weller that they had but they limit you to two bottles and you can't buy two of the same product.[quoted image]

Dayum!! Which Total Wine did you find these at? Anybody have any luck finding Old Forester Birthday release? It was supposed to be out last weekend.

#1773 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Dayum!! Which Total Wine did you find these at? Anybody have any luck finding Old Forester Birthday release? It was supposed to be out last weekend.

Hey Tj it was up at brentwood promenade. My father-in-law knows somebody who works there or something and they always tip him off when they're putting stuff out he couldn't go today so he told me and it was just so happened to be right when I was leaving work so I swung by and scored.

#1774 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I've had a couple stores I stop at check to see if they could get it and they have never heard of it.

Maybe they’ll find it under Pennington’s.

F58C81D5-CBD2-4A39-84D1-27C97AB07D78 (resized).jpegF58C81D5-CBD2-4A39-84D1-27C97AB07D78 (resized).jpeg
    4D98C347-5B0F-4749-B1F1-601D0D32F4B7 (resized).jpeg4D98C347-5B0F-4749-B1F1-601D0D32F4B7 (resized).jpeg

#1775 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Maybe they’ll find it under Pennington’s.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Hmmm... I will pass that info onto those shop owners. You know I love me some Tennessee whiskey so I gotta find that one.

#1776 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Bourbon paraphernalia.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Have you smoked one of those cigars yet? If so how are they?

#1777 4 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

I'm on a list at one shop he said he was allocated 1 box of the old Forester "Birthday Bourbon" . Will let you know if I end up getting it.

#1778 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Have you smoked one of those cigars yet? If so how are they?

Not yet. Was going to try one this weekend.

#1779 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Not yet. Was going to try one this weekend.

Please report back when you do. I looked and found some singles of these online, and I would like to pair it with my bottle of Pappy 15 when I get around to opening it. That is if it is a worthy stick so no pressure but a detailed review with tasting notes would be nice

#1780 4 years ago

Finding anything from Buffalo Trace in my area is dumb luck. I have a pretty good collection but BT regular and one bottle of Eagle is all I have . Had to order the Eagle and the BT regular I had to literally wait for the truck at the store. We never see Blanton's or Weller in my area. Would love to get some Blantons at a reasonable price. I have all but given up on ever finding it..

#1781 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashsmith:

Finding anything from Buffalo Trace in my area is dumb luck. I have a pretty good collection but BT regular and one bottle of Eagle is all I have . Had to order the Eagle and the BT regular I had to literally wait for the truck at the store. We never see Blanton's or Weller in my area. Would love to get some Blantons at a reasonable price. I have all but given up on ever finding it..

Wow what is your area? I want to make sure I never move to this place!

#1782 4 years ago

This stuff is pretty much my new favorite and not real sure how to describe it... How about it has an initial taste of cinnamon and leather followed up by candied yams on Christmas morning at grandma claras. Smoothly it crosses the middle tongue detecting a starry hint of mongolian unicorn piss ending with a volcanic blastoff on its way down your throat...
    Ok I never get the bullshit about floral currants and whatever other crap these people say they taste in the glass.
    So here is the true working mans review coming straight at you. It tastes really fucking good and is smooth as a babies ass till it ignites in flames down your throat leaving you begging for another sip. The End.

20190907_140737 (resized).jpg20190907_140737 (resized).jpg
    #1783 4 years ago

Anyone have an opinion on Jefferson ocean?

#1784 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

I tried Voyage 1or2. It was unique, not sure if I’d buy a bottle but would likely order again at a bar, especially the wheated batch. I think Fulltilt and/or PinDeLaPin probably have some more insight as I remember somebody talking about it recently.
    edit:post 1753 and up

#1785 4 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

Read my post at 1753

#1786 4 years ago

Thanks

#1787 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wow what is your area? I want to make sure I never move to this place!

Central Florida.. So I have ABC two stores one within a mile and the other within 5 and the closest Total wine is 50 miles away. Their website is always out of stock. Been trying to track OF whiskey row series can't find any local even at mom and pops. I just hit "gold" status at ABC and now I will be able to shop the vault for hard to get and special releases. To be honest I'm a little pissed because they shouldn't hold back the good stuff for gold status members to get first.

#1788 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

This stuff is pretty much my new favorite and not real sure how to describe it... How about it has an initial taste of cinnamon and leather followed up by candied yams on Christmas morning at grandma claras. Smoothly it crosses the middle tongue detecting a starry hint of mongolian unicorn piss ending with a volcanic blastoff on its way down your throat...
    Ok I never get the bullshit about floral currants and whatever other crap these people say they taste in the glass.
    So here is the true working mans review coming straight at you. It tastes really fucking good and is smooth as a babies ass till it ignites in flames down your throat leaving you begging for another sip. The End.[quoted image]

what's the price point on this? I was sold when in your review you said "ignites in flames"

#1789 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Bourbon paraphernalia.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

so I'll actually talk a smidge of pinball - fair to say that the pappy 23 is worth more than the Mustang pin. what is the going street price? we know the MSRP of 300ish or whatever is out the window...

#1790 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashsmith:

Central Florida.. So I have ABC two stores one within a mile and the other within 5 and the closest Total wine is 50 miles away. Their website is always out of stock. Been trying to track OF whiskey row series can't find any local even at mom and pops. I just hit "gold" status at ABC and now I will be able to shop the vault for hard to get and special releases. To be honest I'm a little pissed because they shouldn't hold back the good stuff for gold status members to get first.

ABC? Man im confused

#1791 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

what's the price point on this? I was sold when in your review you said "ignites in flames"

Thats the bad point. $125 a bottle

#1792 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

ABC? Man im confused

It’s a gift/convenience store you see at a lot of tourist destinations

#1793 4 years ago

I dont want to piss on anyones cornflakes with Jeffersons or any other brand for that matter I just wanted to post my experience. By no means am I saying Do or Don't buy something unless I explicitly say buy this stuff cause its fantastic. See above post 1782

#1794 4 years ago

So just curious then how many of you have seriously oppressive liquor control laws in the states you reside in? I guess I need to start tabulating a list of places I don't want to relocate to. What is the point of these liquor control agency's?

#1795 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

so what is the going street price? we know the MSRP of 300ish or whatever is out the window...

Stupid crazy.... BTW, I'll trade it for a nice Kings & Queens. (:

#1796 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Stupid crazy.... BTW, I'll trade it for a nice Kings & Queens. (:

Jeez so these $1k+ prices I’ve seen aren’t crazy.

589B51FB-977D-49F1-B34D-CACB75CC1E30 (resized).png589B51FB-977D-49F1-B34D-CACB75CC1E30 (resized).png
    #1797 4 years ago

Fuck it dude...let’s go bowling.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #1798 4 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Fuck it dude...let’s go bowling.[quoted image]

Okay I'll play!

IMG_7309 (resized).JPGIMG_7309 (resized).JPG
    #1799 4 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Interesting quick read on the Black Maple Hill - PLEASE TRY IT BEFORE READING so you go in unbiased
    https://thewhiskeywash.com/whiskey-styles/bourbon/curious-case-black-maple-hill-whiskey/

So I just tried the Black Maple Hill and do not like it at all. It has a strong, medicinal flavor. Oh well, you live and learn. Thanks for sharing this read.

#1800 4 years ago
    Quoted from swillie:

Okay I'll play

I’d recommend you give one a try. I found it smooth with some woodsy tones. Like smokin’ some Pappy. (;
    I’m not a regular cigar smoker so I’d be interested in what you think.

In fact, send me a PM and I’ll send ya one!

CC907D36-834C-4940-A086-7B4F53F93D99 (resized).jpegCC907D36-834C-4940-A086-7B4F53F93D99 (resized).jpeg

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 36 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/36 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.