Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 235.
    #11651 3 years ago

Of course people do not get banned from Pinside for one single post or even for a bad few posts. Mind you, in this case there was quite some history. truth is, we are never looking to get rid of people. A lot has to happen before bans are even considered. Like lots of moderations, or lots of warnings. But in the end, it cannot be all bark and no bite.

All that said, never rule out the option of a pardon of some kind

In the meantime, drink some bourbon. Play some pinball. Talk about both.

Oh, and a whiskey thread sounds like a good idea! Much better then Bourbon (Yuck!)...

#11652 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Of course people do not get banned from Pinside for one single post or even for a bad few posts. Mind you, in this case there was quite some history. truth is, we are never looking to get rid of people. A lot has to happen before bans are even considered. Like lots of moderations, or lots of warnings. But in the end, it cannot be all bark and no bite.
    Oh, and a whiskey thread sounds like a good idea! Much better then Bourbon (Yuck!)...

Hey robin thanks for the perspective. Since you are on board with a whiskey thread what say we go ahead and pull the plug on this one then?

#11653 3 years ago

You’re gross! What do those even look like? Never found a need to look at one. You must know your stuff

#11654 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Thank you for weighing in on this subject yet again @robin. As we all know Whysnow is very opinionated and some either love him or dislike him.. A pardon of some kind would be a very kind gesture and would go a long way to fixing the strife that the 'Ban' caused. Everyone on pinside finds some kind of little niche where they really fit in and really enjoy themselves. For our core group of people it was the bourbon thread and without having Hilton in our group where he belongs it's really hit people in a very negative way. While I do use pinside for repair ideas and tips for some machines I also unwittingly developed a great group of friends through this thread. As a matter of fact I have posted and commented more to this one single thread than any other that I have posted to combined in the three years I have been on this site. Without everybody contributing to this thread I find it pointless once my membership comes back due again to renew since the one thread that brings me the most pleasure on pinside has been split up. Take it for what it's worth but that is how I feel about the whole thing. Regards, Bill

#11656 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hey robin thanks for the perspective. Since you are on board with a whiskey thread what say we go ahead and pull the plug on this one then?

There's no reason to force anything. If folks want to continue chatting in this thread, that's perfectly fine. In fact, discussions seemed to be going fine here until a few posts back. If you would like to start a new thread, there's nothing preventing you from doing that either.

#11657 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's no reason to force anything. If folks want to continue chatting in this thread, that's perfectly fine. In fact, discussions seemed to be going fine here until a few posts back. If you would like to start a new thread, there's nothing preventing you from doing that either.

Discussions are not going fine in this thread. 20 plus people have moved out of this thread to an entirely different platform because what happened. They were the more active members of this thread. This thread is a pale imitation of what it was 2 weeks ago.

Ultimately, you do whatever you like; it is your site. We feel that since the OP has been banned, this particular thread should be closed. Threads are closed here all the time at the request of an OP. Start another thread if you like. I understand why you might not want to close this thread because of optics, but that is a decision for the mod team.

Echoing Bill, I would love if everything could go back to the way it was but that does not seem to be in the cards. I, and others, would like to see if anything can be done but if not, so be it.

#11658 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Echoing Bill, I would love if everything could go back to the way it was but that does not seem to be in the cards. I, and others, would like to see if anything can be done but if not, so be it.

I echo this same statement.

#11659 3 years ago

I echo Matt and Bill's comments with great support. This thread has not been "doing fine", it has become a bitter pill for many who once loved it.
    The OP and thread "captain", being removed from the ship, has it headed into the reef.

I greatly appreciate Robin as a true leader, standing up for decisions made and taking the time to post his responses.
    I hope the decision is made to grant a pardon but understand if that can't be done.

This thread will never be what it was without the leader who helped make it happen.
    I support locking it down and give it a proper burial if that's the way it's going to be.
    The support behind Whysnow and this bourbon thread is real and ever strong with the OP on board.

Here here (resized).pngHere here (resized).png
    #11660 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

There's no reason to force anything. If folks want to continue chatting in this thread, that's perfectly fine. In fact, discussions seemed to be going fine here until a few posts back....

Sarcasm is sometimes difficult to pickup on isn't it.

#11661 3 years ago

Hi

#11662 3 years ago
    Quoted from robin: Oh, and a whiskey thread sounds like a good idea! Much better then Bourbon (Yuck!)...

No one cares about what a European thinks about American whiskey.

#11664 3 years ago

I had a game changer for me tonight....Redbreast 12. Never enjoyed the scotch (too medicinal), bourbon (to bourbony), rye (too spicy)...but the redbreast was delicious, a little fruity, a little sweet. Ticked a lot of boxes. Gonna have to explore more Irish stuff. What is the thoughts on powers John’s Lane and green dot?

#11665 3 years ago
    Quoted from madtown:

I had a game changer for me tonight....Redbreast 12. Never enjoyed the scotch (too medicinal), bourbon (to bourbony), rye (too spicy)...but the redbreast was delicious, a little fruity, a little sweet. Ticked a lot of boxes. Gonna have to explore more Irish stuff. What is the thoughts on powers John’s Lane and green dot?

Green “Spot” is good
    Red Breast12 is one of the best Irish Whiskeys out there IMO

#11666 3 years ago

As for a pardon, The guy who is in charge of the US could do in in his final 12 hours. Keeping this pinball-related, #43 pardoned the President of Bally in his last days in charge.....

#11667 3 years ago

First post in this thread. Put some mods on my new Deadpool pin, and ending the night with a Manhattan... 1oz Piggyback Rye, 1oz Eagle Rare Bourbon, 1oz Carpano Antica Vermouth, orange bitters, bourbon soaked cherries.

Cheers.

#11668 3 years ago
    Quoted from madtown:

Gonna have to explore more Irish stuff. What is the thoughts on powers John’s Lane and green dot?

Green Spot is great (I actually prefer it to Redbreast). Another pleasant Irish is Bushmills Black Bush. I find that most Irish whiskies are more tolerable to those who find other more ‘flavorful’ whiskies too much to take.

#11669 3 years ago
    Quoted from madtown:

bourbon (to bourbony)

WTF does that mean?? Too bourbony? It’s a frickin bourbon thread.

My pinball machine is too pinbally...

Quoted from skink91:

Green Spot is great (I actually prefer it to Redbreast). Another pleasant Irish is Bushmills Black Bush. I find that most Irish whiskies are more tolerable to those who find other more ‘flavorful’ whiskies too much to take.

Jesus-Irish whiskey and bourbon are 2 completely different drinks. What made you think it was a good idea to post about Irish Whiskey here?

This thread is a dumpster fire now...

327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg
    #11670 3 years ago
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    #11671 3 years ago

I like turtles!

#11672 3 years ago

Buncha fucking drama queens.

#11673 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

WTF does that mean?? Too bourbony? It’s a frickin bourbon thread.
    My pinball machine is too pinbally...

Jesus-Irish whiskey and bourbon are 2 completely different drinks. What made you think it was a good idea to post about Irish Whiskey here?
    This thread is a dumpster fire now...[quoted image]

Whiskey is just like bourbon only it tastes good...i vote to rename this thread, “pinball and boubon and whiskey”.

#11674 3 years ago

Everyone is in favour of free speech. Hardly a day passes without its being extolled, but some people's idea of it is that they are free to say what they like, but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage.
    WINSTON CHURCHILL

#11675 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Will give the green spot and bushmills black a try...thanks. Your right, redbreast was more tolerable and easy drinking compared to other whiskeys/bourbons.

#11676 3 years ago
    Quoted from skink91:

Buncha fucking drama queens.

OH Skanky, you have no idea how dramatic we queens can become....

frank.giffrank.gif

#11677 3 years ago

I just created an "all whiskey / whisky" thread. It includes lovers of bourbon, whiskey, scotch, etc.

If anyone wants to continue in another thread and/or be inclusive of other brown spirits, please join.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-whiskey-whisky-welcome#post-6083940

#11678 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

I know it makes me a monster, but I still feel that Old Forrester is the best tasting bourbon you can get for the price, even over Elijah.

I have quite a few Old Forester variants,have you tried the top tier stuff? I am looking for a DI LE to buy,I would let you try a generous pour of your choice for a fair price on a machine I know you are looking to move.

08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    #11679 3 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I have quite a few Old Forester variants,have you tried the top tier stuff? I am looking for a DI LE to buy,I would let you try a generous pour of your choice for a fair price on a machine I know you are looking to move.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Where do you live? There are a few on the pinside market

#11680 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Where do you live? There are a few on the pinside market

I have been chasing this game for a while. Right now it is better to be closer. I am less than 20 miles from someone that wants to move a DI LE. We are both in norther I’ll. I am attempting to persuade him......

27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    #11681 3 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I have been chasing this game for a while. Right now it is better to be closer. I am less than 20 miles from someone that wants to move a DI LE. We are both in norther I’ll. I am attempting to persuade him......
    [quoted image]

Judging by those shoes I’m not sure you want to deal with him LOL let’s see the top of that bottle. I’m guessing you didn’t open it yet

#11682 3 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

[quoted image]

Hit me up with a DM - Maybe we can make something work.

Judging by those shoes I’m not sure you want to deal with him LOL

clark.gifclark.gif

#11683 3 years ago

Judging by those shoes I’m not sure you want to deal with him LOL let’s see the top of that bottle. I’m guessing you didn’t open it yet

It’s open,want to make a bet?

#11684 3 years ago

I know how this game is played

D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpegD1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    #11685 3 years ago

Ninja skills abound.

#11686 3 years ago

1/3 gone,it’s hard to see with the dark brown bottle. Batch 1 is Very good,it has mellowed quite a bit since opening it. The wife was not a fan when we first opened it,she said it was too hot! I will get her to revisit it,I think she will like it,I do!
    Did not get birthday this year,sad face. I was hunting it for months. This year was hit or miss with all of the CV19 crap.

#11687 3 years ago

Opened and,enjoying. Some stuff doesn’t get opened so it doesn’t go bad. Lots of bottles open I need to finish first.

EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpegEFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpegFB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpegFB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    #11688 3 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

I know how this game is played
    [quoted image]

Not a game! A question

#11689 3 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:Hit me up with a DM - Maybe we can make something work.

[quoted image]

I’m sorry you thought I was calling you a fool. I was making a joke! Relax

#11690 3 years ago
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gifAAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    #11691 3 years ago

No worries man I was joking too
    The shoe is from National Lampoons Vacation...

#11692 3 years ago

It’s been real and it been fun but it hasn’t been real fun. I’m going out Clockwise

#11693 3 years ago

I can vouch that Greg is a legit great dude and is not afraid to wear a freshly polished pair of Cousin Eddie specials if the mood is right. Can also say the same about you A-aron, probably minus the shoes.

#11694 3 years ago

Like Rambo says, "Nothings over! You can't just turn it off"
    I like George Dickle white label.
    But its just a little too sweet.
    So what is a good bourbon that is a little less sweet, no hot taste, under 60 dollars a half a G?
    Thanks.

#11695 3 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

Like Rambo says, "Nothings over! You can't just turn it off"
    I like George Dickle white label.
    But its just a little too sweet.
    So what is a good bourbon that is a little less sweet, no hot taste, under 60 dollars a half a G?
    Thanks.

4 Roses Small Batch Select
    Wild Turkey Rare Breed
    Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel
    McKenna 10 yr BIB
    Old Forester 1920-Prohibition

#11696 3 years ago

Thanks Chisox,going shopping tomorrow!

#11697 3 years ago

Does anyone have their whiskey sommelier certification? That medallion is the shitz!
    sommelier (resized).jpgsommelier (resized).jpg

#11698 3 years ago

I like broccoli.

IMG_0325 (resized).jpegIMG_0325 (resized).jpeg

#11699 3 years ago

Nice weather so why not

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpegC4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    #11700 3 years ago

I see that Hilton was on Pinside today.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.