Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 235.
    #11301 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

Dave’s not here either!

F5346E46-5F45-4291-99BC-53E498F4CEB7.gifF5346E46-5F45-4291-99BC-53E498F4CEB7.gif
    #11302 3 years ago

That clip is from the movie,” Far Out Man” if you’re a Cheech and Chong fan

#11303 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

kcZ thank you for razzing me over some damn ice balls and also hooking me up with some juice and of course the infamous Elk pourer.

[quoted image]

Hey now... That elk head was from Santa. And the ice cube razzing is between you and Kaycee

#11304 3 years ago

I think Bill is sleeping

#11305 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Hah! Can you imagine being 36 again? It’s frightening how fast those 15 years went. My wife and I were talking about how we’re going to be empty nesters in 8 months. WTF? My poor wife haha. This rye is silly good by the way if anyone runs across their single barrel ryes.
    [quoted image]

Congrats! My daughter left in August

#11307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Congrats! My daughter left in August

There’s a good chance that both of my kids will be at Miami (RIP bank account) so I might need to keep driving east on 70 to meet up with some dude.

#11308 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

There’s a good chance that both of my kids will be at Miami (RIP bank account) so I might need to keep driving east on 70 to meet up with some dude.

Keep driving east on 70 after you stop off in Dayton until you get to the Baltimore Beltway. Hang a right on 2 and that will bring you to me

#11309 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

That’s a good Step 1. Step 2, pour the whiskey into the glass. Step 3, raise glass and drink whiskey. Step 4, repeat Steps 1-3 as needed.

#11310 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

That’s a good Step 1. Step 2, pour the whiskey into the glass. Step 3, raise glass and drink whiskey. Step 4, repeat Steps 1-3 as needed.

I'm Irish. I'm already wayyyyyy ahead of you!! Lol!!

#11311 3 years ago

I think Bill is sleeping

Yeah I had to crash man my nephew came in from mizzou and we started drinking at 1 o'clock. I think we put about 25 more games on the ball bowler yesterday! Sure fired way to get yourself hammered is to be drinking bourbon while bowling in your basement.

#11312 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Yeah I had to crash man my nephew came in from mizzou and we started drinking at 1 o'clock. I think we put about 25 more games on the ball bowler yesterday! Sure fired way to get yourself hammered is to be drinking bourbon while bowling in your basement.

Sounds like a blast

#11313 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sounds like a blast

You betcha! I don't get to see him very much he is in his final semester of getting his Law degree. Kid is super smart and is already getting recruited by some big law firms.

#11314 3 years ago

How is that Campions Pub coming along Hilton?

#11315 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

How is that Campions Pub coming along Hilton?

Very slowly. But I am in no rush. Enjoying the meticulous tear down and cleaning.

This has a players condition pf so kind of dumb to be doing this level of tear down and refurb but to be honest I kind of lost my spark on rebuilds and this is helping me get back into it by not having a set date and an even pace.

#11316 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Very slowly. But I am in no rush. Enjoying the meticulous tear down and cleaning.
    This has a players condition pf so kind of dumb to be doing this level of tear down and refurb but to be honest I kind of lost my spark on rebuilds and this is helping me get back into it by not having a set date and an even pace.

So no full playfield swap?

#11317 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

You betcha! I don't get to see him very much he is in his final semester of getting his Law degree. Kid is super smart and is already getting recruited by some big law firms.

I found myself staring at the bowlers last night. Almost planned a trip to St. Louis!
    https://www.stl-bb.com/

#11318 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

I found myself staring at the bowlers last night. Almost planned a trip to St. Louis!

Depending on how much you drank last night it may show up on your doorstep later this week

#11319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

If you make it up here to look at that ball bowler you have a place to stay and a pretty well apportioned liquor cabinet waiting for you.

#11320 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So no full playfield swap?

I probably should have if I realized I would keep it, but to be honest I just kind of stumbled into this tear down.

I had the game for a bit. Was going to just sell as is to a local MN guy but he made an agreement to purchase then lowballed me and wanted to knock off more after agreeing to a price. I told him to pound sand and next thing I know... I am tearing it apart lol.

I will make it play nice and then decide what the heck I want to really do with it (may just sell if it does not speak to me, may toss on route, may keep in collection). I usually go into a tear down with a plan... this time... I just kind of went at it.

#11321 3 years ago

Running a little late today but here we go

20210103_150812 (resized).jpg20210103_150812 (resized).jpg
    #11322 3 years ago

Dang u guys are awfully quiet today. Guess I will just keep drinking alone.

20210103_155406 (resized).jpg20210103_155406 (resized).jpg
    #11323 3 years ago

I have one with ya Bill... started at lunch but took a long break

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#11324 3 years ago

I have one wit ya Bill... started at lunch but took a long break
    [quoted image]

Thats a good pour Aaron welcome aboard.

#11325 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Thats a good pour Aaron welcome aboard.

I agree! I saw you and some others posting picks of this bottle a good while back. Came across the bottle in KY I can’t get it in OH

#11326 3 years ago

Depending on how much you drank last night it may show up on your doorstep later this week

Tru Dat'!

I send those purchases to the local trucking terminal. Much easier to pickup and "slide" into the basement than explain that semi pulled up front of the house.

#11327 3 years ago

I agree! I saw you and some others posting picks of this bottle a good while back. Came across the bottle in KY I can’t get it in OH

That's one of them TN whiskeys we got plenty of if you find the need!

#11328 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Tru Dat'!
    I send those purchases to the local trucking terminal. Much easier to pickup and "slide" into the basement than explain that semi pulled up front of the house.

A bowler would be fun to own

#11329 3 years ago

A bowler would be fun to own

It's what I was raised on. Nothing but EMs in the arcades in my early teens.
    I get a flash back every time I hear those pins reset.

#11330 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

That's one of them TN whiskeys we got plenty of if you find the need!

Yes!!! I really like it. I will have to continue checking out these Tennessee whiskeys you all recommend.

#11331 3 years ago

Back to work tomorrow after 11 days off Ugh

0E263088-0F28-48B7-B7D5-4D2D42090AED (resized).jpeg0E263088-0F28-48B7-B7D5-4D2D42090AED (resized).jpeg
    #11332 3 years ago

I just noticed that the first couple of years of this thread only cover about 200 of its' 11k+ posts, and they have been becoming FAR more frequent in the last year. The rise in bourbon has been meteoric here of late.

#11333 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I just noticed that the first couple of years of this thread only cover about 200 of its' 11k+ posts, and they have been becoming FAR more frequent in the last year. The rise in bourbon has been meteoric here of late.

Took a little while for friendships to be made. Now many of us hang out, drink on zoom, send samples, and help each other out with bottles that can’t be found in our state. hell, Bill and Matt both got in a Pinside fight years ago/ before this thread lol. Now they hang out and drink.

This is the coolest spot on Pinside. You have been hanging around for a bit so I hope not to just keep and eye on us and you choose to jump in with sharing pics of open bottles and your reviews, hop on zoom calls, etc....

Hell of a fun group of folks that have pinball and bourbon in common.

#11334 3 years ago

Surf and Turf baby!

Thank you Bill, it's F'ing fantastic!

Matt, say it with me.... "All killer, no filler" !

IMG_0178 (resized).jpegIMG_0178 (resized).jpeg

#11335 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I think what has fueled it is that a bunch of us started hanging our right around the time of Covid and started zooming and sharing samples. Big props to Whysnow for spearheading getting us together.

#11336 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I think what has fueled it is that a bunch of us started hanging our right around the time of Covid and started zooming and sharing samples. Big props to whysnow for spearheading getting us together.

I think the two years of bourbon exchanges helped fuel a good comradeship also.

Helped some lurkers come out and see the rest of the regulars are fun people.

Drinking zoom shenanigans of course help break the ice a bit more.

I really think this thread has helped break through the 4th wall of the forum.

#11337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

hell, Bill and Matt both got in a Pinside fight years ago/ before this thread lol.

Make no mistake, I still hate all of you. Except for Don. Don is the tits!

#11338 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is that maybe kinda like the stages of enlightenment? I know you took that journey recently.
    I think stage 4 is like Rapture.

#11339 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Surf and Turf baby!
    [quoted image]

How many more do you have frozen? Time to get some fresh ones.

#11340 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Is that maybe kinda like the stages of enlightenment? I know you took that journey recently.
    I think stage 4 is like Rapture.

Does that come after the mescaline?

#11341 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I think the two years of bourbon exchanges helped fuel a good comradeship also.
    Helped some lurkers come out and see the rest of the regulars are fun people.
    Drinking zoom shenanigans of course help break the ice a bit more.

Here’s to the thread and all you guys who put up with me

7174CFAC-A648-4921-BBEF-97657FF799B9 (resized).jpeg7174CFAC-A648-4921-BBEF-97657FF799B9 (resized).jpeg
    #11342 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Who is Dr. Gonzo out of all of us?

#11343 3 years ago

Here’s to the thread and all you guys who put up with me [quoted image]

Yum. That is a hell of a combo.

Ps your package got dropped off today
    Pps beergut, your CoK is in the mail. Lol

#11344 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yum. That is a hell of a combo.
    Ps your package got dropped off today
    Pps beergut, your CoK is in the mail. Lol

Looking forward to it. Let me know what you are missing in your collection that Ohio might yield

#11345 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pps beergut, your CoK is in the mail.

Can you legally mail those things?
    I'm sure he'll be glad to get it back.

#11346 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

No, that's that Mexican shit like tequila. Get's you crazy.

It's after the Psilocybin. Enlightenment!

#11347 3 years ago

<blockquote

#11348 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Surf and Turf baby!
    [quoted image]

I was wondering when you were gonna crack the seal on thst one. Glad you like it.

#11349 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Make no mistake, I still hate all of you. Except for Don. Don is the tits!

Typical Elitist statement

#11350 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Typical Elitist statement

Who let Bill out of his cage?

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/227?hl=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.