3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5,760 posts
  • 205 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by Green-Machine
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,959 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

B47FB26B-2D01-4721-AA5A-B4EE3681B978 (resized).png
    FB96628D-6B29-457B-A53D-CFA8B1058709 (resized).jpeg
    20200524_175153.jpg
    534D48B9-4385-4769-8056-FF97D0F035D8 (resized).jpeg
    F260A72A-CA20-4A7F-A271-0D66D11BDE6F (resized).jpeg
    9889B1C6-6EE6-47D6-AA28-85C51913819A (resized).jpeg
    20200524_185413 (resized).jpg
    DDF220E3-62C2-471A-9B86-4B36568EEE4D (resized).jpeg
    F78F272C-0C71-4CE0-BB32-1DBFBDA7BFF7 (resized).jpeg
    46FC081D-610D-4D15-AD93-4F4B4E952EA3 (resized).jpeg
    8030B850-2D6F-409D-974C-2BD2378087A6 (resized).jpeg
    20200523_175305 (resized).jpg
    20200523_153300 (resized).jpg
    1A3AD375-5CFE-4711-ACC7-F8DD78815D26 (resized).jpeg
    F85A6A22-32CB-4CAA-8B42-6868FEC972DA (resized).jpeg
    52FD6CB0-BF6C-41F6-AB72-14DC68085CF9 (resized).jpeg

There are 5760 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 116.
    #51 3 years ago

I agree with the Japanese whisky guys.

The Yamazaki 25 is probably the best ive ever had.
    I keep a bottle of 18 around for regular days

-Jeff

#52 3 years ago

I have chronic heartburn, so I tend to prefer Irish Whiskey, which is smoother. Teeling is my favorite by far. Bourbon wise I usually have Basil Hayden and Four Roses Single Barrel on hand.

1476930813715-1465618122 (resized).jpg

#53 3 years ago

The shelves

Every time I'm down in the states I try to pick up some bottle I don't have or can't get in Canada. My hit ratio is about 50/50 in terms of finding stuff I like.

I love the Blanton's, the E.H.Taylor and Basil Hayden's.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I love the Blanton's, the E.H.Taylor and Basil Hayden's.

You have good taste sir. As a Kentuckian I approve. The Elijah Craig on your shelf is also a good smooth one, and I am big fan of both Booker's and Bakers.

There are plenty of Bourbon tours in our state you guys should check out if you ever come through.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I gotta get me one of those mid-60's Williams drinking pins. (with the cool drink shelf on the front)

I've got two now, and believe you me, that shelf space sure comes in handy!

#56 3 years ago

In WI there are hardly any lottos for the good stuff. The places that do have lotto seem to be rigged; I know 1 guy that wins 1st pull every year at the local place.

The biggest stash for us happens on Black Friday. If I get in line by 2am I am pretty much gaurenteed a good bottle, but man what a waste of the holiday weekend.

#57 3 years ago

My go tos tend to be Four Roses Single Barrel, Breckenridge, Blanton's, Old Weller Antique, Angels Envy, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare....my sweet spot seems to be $30-50. I've had some of the 15 and 20 year bourbons and some 40 year old bourbon in the past and they're great but not worth all the extra $$ in my opinion.

#58 3 years ago

Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Blanton's for me...no particular order...whatever I have closest...

#59 3 years ago

If you can get your hands on a bottle, highly recommended

Makers-PS-Liquor-Barn-no2-2 (resized).jpg

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

I agree with the Japanese whisky guys.
    The Yamazaki 21 is probably the best ive ever had.
    I keep a bottle of 18 around for regular days
    -Jeff

Damn, now that is impressive.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

My go tos tend to be Four Roses Single Barrel, Breckenridge, Blanton's, Old Weller Antique, Angels Envy, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare....my sweet spot seems to be $30-50. I've had some of the 15 and 20 year bourbons and some 40 year old bourbon in the past and they're great but not worth all the extra $$ in my opinion.

I think the sweet spot for bourbon is 8-12 yr older is not better just cost more

#62 3 years ago

I'll agree that just being aged 20+ years doesn't automatically make a bourbon amazing. But having said that, the best liquid to ever pass my lips was a Michter's 25-yr, and I expect I'll be searching for its equal for the rest of my days.

#63 3 years ago

Great thread. I got into Bourbon a few years ago when I had to make several trips to Kentucky for work. My favorites are Blanton's and the Willett pot still reserve. The Willett is still the nicest looking bottle out there:

Willett (resized).jpg

But, if you are looking for something a little less costly but still great quality, then I agree that Elija Craig is great. I typically drink it with just one small ice cube to open it up a bit.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

My favorites are Blanton's and the Willett pot still reserve. The Willett is still the nicest looking bottle out there:

Cool bottle! The bourbon gets good reviews too.

I'm going to keep this one in mind. Thanks!

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cool bottle! The bourbon gets good reviews too.
    I'm going to keep this one in mind. Thanks!

It's really good, but the Willett does need to sit for a minute. I recommend an ice cube or a few drops of water, and then let it sit for 15 minutes before you enjoy it.

#66 3 years ago

I have not tried the willit pot reserve yet. There is a local bottle for $70. worth it?

#67 3 years ago

Started a blog with my cousin a few years ago. We tried to make it the average dude's view on bourbon. I have quite a few new reviews to do but got busy with other things.

Http://itsbourbon.blogspot.com

#68 3 years ago

Jack and Coke Vanilla zero. A great drinking beverage

#69 3 years ago

yeah bourbon is my spirit of choice, jim beam is my preference. beers + bourbon + pinball = perfect evening for me

my current bar stock
    thumbnail_20161021_222218 (resized).jpg

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from pigbat:

Started a blog with my cousin a few years ago. We tried to make it the average dude's view on bourbon. I have quite a few new reviews to do but got busy with other things.
    Http://itsbourbon.blogspot.com

Pigbat, read and enjoyed your blog. You need to review a few more! How about some Angel's Envy or Maker's Mark?

#71 3 years ago

Moved to Asia a year ago. Quite a problem here, there are some fantastic Asian whiskeys, but they're priced skyhigh. I just got a bottle of Kavalan. It's distilled in Taiwan and one of they're labels won World's Best Single Malt Whisky 2015 award http://www.worldwhiskiesawards.com/2015/

IMG_5874 (resized).JPG

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have not tried the willit pot reserve yet. There is a local bottle for $70. worth it?

Wow! That's high! Here, I find it selling for about $40. Try shopping around or ask the store why it is so much. Maybe it is mislabeled.

#73 3 years ago

Picked up a bottle of this tonight....gotta let it breathe a bit, but nice and warm...: 130 proof

IMG_1284 (resized).JPG

#74 3 years ago

Stagg jr def is one that i bring down with a few drops of cold water and let breathe. Enjoy

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Stagg jr def is one that i bring down with a few drops of cold water and let breathe. Enjoy

Completely agree....actually put on 4 cubes then partial melt ( has to breathe for sure) before drinking, as it certainly has substance...Enjoying now....

3 months later
    #76 3 years ago

I really enjoy the Stagg Jr

20170213_174624 (resized).jpg

#77 3 years ago

Since last visiting this thread a few months ago, I've tried a few new bourbons and can recommend Blanton's Single Barrel (as others have) as a fine libation while playing pinball!

Blantons SB (resized).png

#78 3 years ago

I was into Pappy's before it was cool. I once bought a case of Pappy's 15-year for $45 a bottle. Lived off that for a couple years.

unfortunately, now it IS cool and I don't wanna pay for it.

So I'm really just drinking a shitload of Jack Daniel's these days. I also enjoy Blanton's and other top-shelf stuff I come into time to time.

Keep plenty of Jim Beam around for flask-filler.

#79 3 years ago

Since last visiting this thread a few months ago, I've tried a few new bourbons and can recommend Blanton's Single Barrel (as others have) as a fine libation while playing pinball!

blantons is my daily drinker.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

blantons is my daily drinker.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Keep plenty of Jim Beam around for flask-filler.

Hmmm - my liquor budget won't allow consumption of Blanton's on a frequent basis, but Levi has given me an idea for a potential handy gameroom addition:

b60e9d72a29ae8289187179b4f29deff (resized).jpg

#81 3 years ago

While I always have some bourbon on hand (Basil Hayden's and Angels Envy right now) I prefer Irish Whiskey. In my opinion, Teeling can't be beat!

20170214_230012 (resized).jpg

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from Toucanf16:

Moved to Asia a year ago. Quite a problem here, there are some fantastic Asian whiskeys, but they're priced skyhigh. I just got a bottle of Kavalan. It's distilled in Taiwan and one of they're labels won World's Best Single Malt Whisky 2015 award http://www.worldwhiskiesawards.com/2015/

Forget the booze, where can I get those glasses?? Sweet!!

1 month later
    #83 3 years ago

My favorite game to sip bourbon while playing. Also shown is the latest new bourbon I've tried - Elijah Craig. Very smooth and tasty!

EBD & Elijah Craig (resized).jpg

#84 3 years ago

Everyone have a shot for me of the good stuff next time.

I, once a budding heavy drinker, now no longer really can drink. Honestly my brain is freaking addled I don't think being drunk would be an improvement, like it used to be.

But have a shot of the good stuff for me, I'm the designated driver now.

#85 3 years ago

My favorite game to sip bourbon while playing. Also shown is the latest new bourbon I've tried - Elijah Craig. Very smooth and tasty!

My favorite bourbon of the moment (barring Blantons and Willet).

#86 3 years ago

I'm from Canada but bourbon is pretty much all I drink. I'll bring a couple bottles back whenever I'm across the border. Maker's Mark is my favorite I think.

IMG_1418 (resized).JPG

#87 3 years ago

Makers mark is consistently good. I think my go to before all this was billet. Non rye, but rye just fine too. Angels envy was nice.

#88 3 years ago

In addition to this fine thread, I've been doing some homework on bourbons to help guide me with my purchases. For anyone interested in an informative video all about bourbon and the various Kentucky distilleries that produce it, I'd recommend the following one on YouTube:

#89 3 years ago

2 fine hobbies I agree!

14900534096242138810117 (resized).jpg

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

2 fine hobbies I agree!

Hey, I thought I drank more of your BT the other night than that, I must be getting old!

I almost hate to say it because I don't want even more people buying it all when it's available but if you've not tried the 12 y/o W.L. Weller you are missing out. I have one bottle of 15 y/o Pappy and I will have to disagree with those of you that say it's not in the top 10, definitely in the top 5 of anything I've ever had.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

Hey, I thought I drank more of your BT the other night than that, I must be getting old!
    I almost hate to say it because I don't want even more people buying it all when it's available but if you've not tried the 12 y/o W.L. Weller you are missing out. I have one bottle of 15 y/o Pappy and I will have to disagree with those of you that say it's not in the top 10, definitely in the top 5 of anything I've ever had.

That stuff is near impossible to find in the wild these days-I've looked in Louisville, Bardstown, Lexington, Dallas, and all over Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Delaware. Heck, OWA is the pretty much the same. I've seen one bottle of 12 year W.L. Weller in the last year, in a case for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-no thanks!!! Flippers aren't just in pinball.

#92 3 years ago

You guys like Booker's at 130.8 proof? I rarely have it, it takes a very special occasion. Like heck yeah why not burn my throat... I mostly serve it to my guests, as a joke.

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from Brazy:

2 fine hobbies I agree!

Nice bar buddy!

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

You guys like Booker's at 130.8 proof? I rarely have it, it takes a very special occasion. Like heck yeah why not burn my throat... I mostly serve it to my guests, as a joke.

I had always understood that Booker's was meant to be cut with water, but that said, there supposedly is no single correct way to drink bourbon - neat, with ice and/or water, or mixed are all good. Elmer T. Lee, Buffalo Trace Distillery's master distiller since 1950, prefers to cut his to 60 proof when he drinks it at home; the same strength at which they taste production samples.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from Plumonium:

Booker's is a bit too much straight - definitely not my favorite, but then I drink most of my bourbon with a least a few small cubes of ice and some of the lesser stuff I drink with a splash of ginger ale in it.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

That stuff is near impossible to find in the wild these days-I've looked in Louisville, Bardstown, Lexington, Dallas, and all over Maryland, DC, Virginia, and Delaware. Heck, OWA is the pretty much the same. I've seen one bottle of 12 year W.L. Weller in the last year, in a case for somewhere in the neighborhood of $100-no thanks!!! Flippers aren't just in pinball.

Yeah, unless you find out about when they release it and hit every liquor store in the area that morning, you're not gonna find it. I was recently lucky enough to get a bottle of Rock Hill Farms (another Buffalo Trace production) via a lottery - used to see it for sale, albeit overpriced a lot, not anymore. I haven't even opened it. I keep hoping everyone goes back to drinking Tequila, Vodka and whatever else and leave our Bourbon alone!

#97 3 years ago

Soo...in a pissy mood from work today....ice maker broke....opened my thin bottle of Stagg and straight from the bottle, warm, about 3 fingers worth....eyes fogged, when the burn hit my throat I figured I'd never speak again....think next time I'll just grab a beer....

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

Forget the booze, where can I get those glasses?? Sweet!!

Search "GetClayByDan"" on Facebook for the crazy mugs.
    https://m.facebook.com/getclaybydan/

IMG_8355 (resized).JPG

#99 3 years ago

Despite my big beer collection of about close to 10,000 or so beers labels from beers I have tried, I do love and have several different bottles of whiskey bourbon as well. Here is the last one I had on Friday night with a cigar. Always trying new ones and been posting them in the other drinking thread but will make sure to add them in here now.

IMG_6219 (resized).JPG

#100 3 years ago

Did I miss the Booker's here? Love the stuff.

DSCF5966 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 157.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    $ 7,599.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Gweem's Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 17.50
    $ 135.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    There are 5760 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 116.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside