Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 235.
    #8751 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

So for those that prefer it on the rocks have any of you gotten the craft/clear ice bug? I have. Did a little research and for cost/ease/convenience I went with a Wintersmith ice chest and have had decent results getting clear ice. Ice is kind of ice but there is something elegant about having clear ice and enjoying a drink. It adds to the experience. Kind of like pairing a nice cigar with a drink or a good wine with a meal.
    Would love to hear what you guys do.

All you really need for clear ice is a small cooler and time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=127&v=bUHcCHbgX_o&feature=emb_logo

#8752 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

You hoping on tonight, jackontherocks?

I think so but need to eat first so might jump on after as if start with whiskey before might get crazy

#8753 3 years ago

Damn that whole process takes way too long. I can certainly appreciate that the clear ice looks cool but ultimately all i'm concerned about is that my drink is cold.

#8754 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hey homebru and others, feel free to join the bourbon zoom tonight at 9 EDT. I will post a zoom link closer to the time. Always a good time.

Thanks so much for the invite! I would like to join. 9 is a bit late for me, we'll just have to see. Long day (I get up at 5:30 regardless of day). If I don't make this one, I'd love to join one soon.

Thanks again,
    Chris

#8755 3 years ago

5 pm somewhere. (Here actually)

Cheers!

My fav:

20200926_165047 (resized).jpg20200926_165047 (resized).jpg

#8756 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I know that’s why I asked as was curious to know. I love this group of friendly turkeys. I always use to drink in a glass but like the coldness of the yeti, just never thought it would have that much effect on taste and wanted to know what others experienced. Thanks.

The thing i like about the Yeti is I like the cold characteristics. I like a big block of ice, but I don't want it watering down my bourbon. Even in my Rauk glass (heavy, thick walled glass) it seems to melt too quickly.
    If going outside, even more so.

#8757 3 years ago

Anybody else 1920 fans?

4E762880-A77D-467F-8335-2F9C1C9641D7 (resized).jpeg4E762880-A77D-467F-8335-2F9C1C9641D7 (resized).jpeg
    #8758 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody else 1920 fans?
    [quoted image]

I have liked the bottle we have (getting low, though so need to buy more)

#8759 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody else 1920 fans?
    [quoted image]

Cannot seem to go wrong with any Other OF bourbon.

#8760 3 years ago

anyone try Cleveland bourbon? i live in Cleveland and probably need to. but the though kind of scares me. this town is more beer and meat and potatoes.

#8761 3 years ago

Zoom link for tonight at 9 PM EDT. See everybody then.

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6945227518

#8762 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

anyone try Cleveland bourbon? i live in Cleveland and probably need to. but the though kind of scares me. this town is more beer and meat and potatoes.

Sure haven't but feel free to join us this evening on our zoom get together where we drink everything and have fun doing it

#8763 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hey homebru and others, feel free to join the bourbon zoom tonight at 9 EDT. I will post a zoom link closer to the time. Always a good time.

Sorry, will have to miss the Zoom tonight looks like.
    It's movie night at home. Hard to say, "sorry, gotta' go drink with the guys."
    Hopefully I can catch it later on... if history is correct, someone will still be there. Jackontherocks should just be joining in... (:

#8764 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hopefully I can catch it later on... if history is correct, someone will still be there. jackontherocks should just be joining in... (:

Matt promised me an all nighter but last night did mine until 2am

#8765 3 years ago
    Quoted from Homebru:

The thing i like about the Yeti is I like the cold characteristics. I like a big block of ice, but I don't want it watering down my bourbon. Even in my Rauk glass (heavy, thick walled glass) it seems to melt too quickly.
    If going outside, even more so.

Exactly my thoughts as well

#8766 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Anybody else 1920 fans?
    [quoted image]

That’s the only bottle I was told to try by them, but if I don’t like it done with any OF bottles as O for 2 so far on Statesman and single barrel store pick total wine hated and that’s hard to say.

#8767 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Hopefully I can catch it later on... if history is correct, someone will still be there. jackontherocks should just be joining in... (:

Aww man!

#8768 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Sure haven't but feel free to join us this evening on our zoom get together where we drink everything and have fun doing it

Ty u for invite , but I can't tonight. I will another time.

#8769 3 years ago

Zoom is live!

#8771 3 years ago

We are Live on Zoom right now. Join in we are more than welcoming hop on and make some new friends.

#8772 3 years ago

Trying to see if worth the price still on this one.

66B58E13-BE12-46D1-B274-7013279A0BB5 (resized).jpeg66B58E13-BE12-46D1-B274-7013279A0BB5 (resized).jpeg
    #8773 3 years ago

Another one

381EBDE5-52B0-48FA-BA97-F31056892325 (resized).jpeg381EBDE5-52B0-48FA-BA97-F31056892325 (resized).jpeg
    #8774 3 years ago

Another one
    [quoted image]

Wathens is good in my opinion, first bottle from Coscto

#8775 3 years ago

Fight night bottle, having two stiff pours and putting it back in it's case and will revisit when it can be enjoyed with friends.

IMG-0476 (resized).jpgIMG-0476 (resized).jpg
    #8776 3 years ago

Another one

78AA2E03-45DD-4A93-819C-6F62228A1A83 (resized).jpeg78AA2E03-45DD-4A93-819C-6F62228A1A83 (resized).jpeg
    #8777 3 years ago

It’s that day

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #8778 3 years ago

props to Green-Machine for the pours tonight. Well done sir.

ps: I still want that whale haha.

#8779 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

props to green-machine for the pours tonight. Well done sir.

If my wife will part with... it’s all yours

#8780 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Good time hanging out!! Glad I could share something to be enjoyed!

#8781 3 years ago

I am ready for one more zoooooooomers

#8782 3 years ago

Keeping the show going my friends and ending it

B5E9A204-6F4C-4041-89AA-EDE30819388F (resized).jpegB5E9A204-6F4C-4041-89AA-EDE30819388F (resized).jpeg
    #8783 3 years ago

Just about to crack open one of my favorites tonight Cheers!

64B8176A-55F4-4302-83EA-926ACA1FF9CD (resized).jpeg64B8176A-55F4-4302-83EA-926ACA1FF9CD (resized).jpeg
    #8784 3 years ago

We need to have at least one reverse zoom for us west coast folks.

#8785 3 years ago

We need to have at least one reverse zoom for us west coast folks.

Is that like a reverse mortgage?

Had a good time on the zoom, enjoyed the higher proof selections...sorry had to leave so early (but I suppose working = more money = buying more bourbon!)

#8786 3 years ago

Lot of fun last night. Great selections, @green-machine! Look forward to PinDeLaPin selctions.

#8787 3 years ago

I reckon i would get blacklisted if i join into your zoom sessions..... you know that a lot of Aussies mix their bourbon with cola yeah??
    Seriously though i love the camaraderie in this thread!!

#8788 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

I reckon i would get blacklisted if i join into your zoom sessions..... you know that a lot of Aussies mix their bourbon with cola yeah??

U should join in and are welcome to join in. We do not have some exclusive club where you need to know the secret knock to join. I'm not sure how we could do anything other than physically show up at peoples homes and log their computers onto zoom ourselves at this point. I'm certainly not going to beg anyone to join in and for rhe last time ALL are welcome and encouraged to join. Nobody cares if your fat, skinny, black, white or whatever else we are very welcoming. We just enjoy seeing each other while building friendships and most importantly drinking bourbon and having fun. If none of that sounds like a good time to you then by all means don't log in cause we definitely like to have a good time. If this sounds like fun then put away your inhibitions and get ready to meet some great guys and gals and have a fun time in these otherwise crazy times. In these socially distanced times this is about as close as you can get to hanging out at your local pub drinking and bullshiting with your buddies. We generally keep the times the same but thats what works for who we have joining in on the Zooms. If you would like to join but the times are tough just ask and i'm sure we could try and do an hour later or whatever.

#8789 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

I love a bourbon and coke just as much as anybody. You are always welcome to join.

#8790 3 years ago

If you have some bottles coming to you from me last night please pm me. I kinda remember who’s getting what, but also kinda not really.

#8791 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

If you would like to join but the times are tough just ask and i'm sure we could try and do an hour later or whatever.

TY and i very much appreciate the invite!! BUT i would never ask you guys to change a certain 'routine' just to suit a stray Aussie from a weird arse time zone I'd have to do the calculations and see what time you guys start getting 'on it' and go from there .... most times i do try to curb my drinking before 6pm my time otherwise i'd be passed out by midnight and i've always been afflicted by the night owl bug Definitely will try to join in at some point if i can and maybe even buy something fancy to suit, and hide the home brew honey bourbon from sight

#8792 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

TY and i very much appreciate the invite!! BUT i would never ask you guys to change a certain 'routine' just to suit a stray Aussie from a weird arse time zone I'd have to do the calculations and see what time you guys start getting 'on it' and go from there .... most times i do try to curb my drinking before 6pm my time otherwise i'd be passed out by midnight and i've always been afflicted by the night owl bug Definitely will try to join in at some point if i can and maybe even buy something fancy to suit, and hide the home brew honey bourbon from sight

Looks like you are 7 hours behind us here in the central time zone. Probably no way to get you 5 or 6 but probably 3 or 4pm your time.

#8793 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

If you have some bottles coming to you from me last night please pm me. I kinda remember who’s getting what, but also kinda not really.

You told me you were sending me every one of your best bottles asap

#8794 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

You told me you were sending me every one of your best bottles asap

Hmm. I don’t remember it that way but I know you’d never bullshit me Bill, so pm me your address again and off they go!

#8795 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Fight night bottle, having two stiff pours and putting it back in it's case and will revisit when it can be enjoyed with friends.
    [quoted image]

What’s the verdict? I think it’s fantastic. Gen X is an old favorite btw.

#8796 3 years ago

Hit a few stores on my way up north this weekend. Like usual, these are not all mine... In fact, I have just 3 of the bottles here.

PXL_20200927_230431566 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_230431566 (resized).jpg

#8797 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Thanks Green-Machine for an excellent sampling.
    However, when I'm 2 1/2 hours late joining in, I shouldn't try to catch up on 4 samples in 15 minutes.... bad idea.
    That #4 will get you every time.

IMG_9325 (resized).jpegIMG_9325 (resized).jpeg

#8798 3 years ago
    Quoted from OhKeePaw:

Is that like a reverse mortgage?

It's where you start off drunk and stay up trying to get sober.

#8799 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

What’s the verdict? I think it’s fantastic. Gen X is an old favorite btw.

A truly special bottle. Massive flavors, the wood is obviously on the heavy side but does not overpower the liquid. Plenty of spice and a nice balance of sweetness and the signature WT "heat." I feel fortunate to have this on my shelf, and can't wait to share a few pours with others. While I would love nothing more than to drink the whole bottle myself, something like this needs to be experienced by as many people as possible.

#8800 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

A truly special bottle. Massive flavors, the wood is obviously on the heavy side but does not overpower the liquid. Plenty of spice and a nice balance of sweetness and the signature WT "heat." I feel fortunate to have this on my shelf, and can't wait to share a few pours with others. While I would love nothing more than to drink the whole bottle myself, something like this needs to be experienced by as many people as possible.

Agreed. I’m not usually a fan of such a wood forward profile as my sweet spot is usually 12-13 years but this is done right and it’s not like having an oak stave in your mouth.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 176 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/176?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.