Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 235.
    #8701 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

It’s all good. What time would you like to do it and I will set it up from there.

Is 9 EST usually good for everyone?

#8702 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Is 9 EST usually good for everyone?

That is when we normally do the zooms.

Officially sounding the Pinside Drinking Horn! This Saturday at 9 PM edt. I will post the zoom link before the call. For those not in the sampling feel free to join because we normally drink and bs for a while. I think I shut down the last zoom close to 2.

Time to send the carrier pigeon to Hilton to give him a heads up.

7C587604-6994-4162-A3C6-FACCA3CB4E18 (resized).jpeg7C587604-6994-4162-A3C6-FACCA3CB4E18 (resized).jpeg
    #8703 3 years ago

I’ve gone from out to questionable for the Saturday Zoom on the injury report. I got a cortisone shot to the liver that might do the trick.

#8704 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’ve gone from out to questionable for the Saturday Zoom on the injury report. I got a cortisone shot to the liver that might do the trick.

Hope you recover soon, my friend.

#8705 3 years ago

I'll be up north for the weekend... out for Zoom. Hope to join in regularly soon

#8706 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hope you recover soon, my friend.

Thanks Matt. I’m in good hands with Dr. Feelgood.

#8707 3 years ago

Just wanted to add this is my third bottle of this Remus (actually fifth as I’ve given two away as gifts) . I couldn’t believe how much I liked this until it was pointed out that Remus is an actual MGP brand. So this is a blend of two batches of 12 yr MGP barrels, picked by MGP master distillers. I know there’s some sticker shock (75.99!) but this is a 9.00/10 whiskey that’s on the shelves.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #8708 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Just wanted to add this is my third bottle of this Remus (actually fifth as I’ve given two away as gifts) . I couldn’t believe how much I liked this until it was pointed out that Remus is an actual MGP brand. So this is a blend of two batches of 12 yr MGP barrels, picked by MGP master distillers. I know there’s some sticker shock (75.99!) but this is a 9.00/10 whiskey that’s on the shelves.
    [quoted image]

Was told Remus Series IV isn't dropping here til October or November, but I've been enjoying my bottle of III so much that I will go back for another. The store also had two bottles of Series II on sale for $60 so I may end up with one of those as well.

#8709 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I'll be up north for the weekend... out for Zoom. Hope to join in regularly soon

Is this a bourbon hunting trip up north?

#8710 3 years ago

Anybody tried this years batch yet? Picked this up for my father in laws Christmas present he loves it.

20200925_093137 (resized).jpg20200925_093137 (resized).jpg
    #8711 3 years ago

I never even got to try the 2019. Heard it’s good.

#8712 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Is this a bourbon hunting trip up north?

I did hit a few places in my way up may take a different route back so I can hit some other stores... Heck the wife is with the gals at Disney, I figure that I deserve something nice.

#8713 3 years ago

Gobble gobble!

1B805517-83D2-4624-ACEF-8646BF5BC85E (resized).jpeg1B805517-83D2-4624-ACEF-8646BF5BC85E (resized).jpeg
    #8714 3 years ago

Friday night Dean & Deluca kabobs. Anyone else remember those guys.

FullSizeRender-17 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-17 (resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender-19 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-19 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9313 (resized).pngIMG_9313 (resized).png

#8715 3 years ago

Every store has a huge sign saying it's "Bourbon Heritage Month" but I haven't found anything all that special in a few weeks. That's ok I guess, I did run into some back up bottles today. Happy to find another Old Ezra, my first bottle can be poured a little more freely now that I have another.

IMG-0473 (resized).jpgIMG-0473 (resized).jpg
    #8716 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

That is when we normally do the zooms.
    Officially sounding the Pinside Drinking Horn! This Saturday at 9 PM edt. I will post the zoom link before the call. For those not in the sampling feel free to join because we normally drink and bs for a while. I think I shut down the last zoom close to 2.
    Time to send the carrier pigeon to Hilton to give him a heads up.[quoted image]

I can make tomorrow’s zoom-can’t wait for this rounds tastings...

#8717 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Every store has a huge sign saying it's "Bourbon Heritage Month" but I haven't found anything all that special in a few weeks. That's ok I guess, I did run into some back up bottles today. Happy to find another Old Ezra, my first bottle can be poured a little more freely now that I have another.
    [quoted image]

Damn dude did u score a whole case?

#8718 3 years ago
    Quoted from tjprice222:

Gobble gobble!
    [quoted image]

Tj where the hell have you been? Thought I was going to have to send out the search party for u

#8719 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I can make tomorrow’s zoom-can’t wait for this rounds tastings...

Oh wow! I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

#8720 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Damn dude did u score a whole case?

Yep! A store I was in for work got three cases today. Two of these bottles are getting picked up by a pal this evening, two bottles will be gifted, and I'm keeping two even though I have a few spares already. It's one of my favorites.

IMG-0474 (resized).jpgIMG-0474 (resized).jpg
    #8721 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Yep! A store I was in for work got three cases today. Two of these bottles are getting picked up by a pal this evening, two bottles will be gifted, and I'm keeping two even though I have a few spares already. It's one of my favorites.
    [quoted image]

No place I have ever come across will sell it by the case matter of fact you are limited to one bottle

#8722 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

Oh wow! I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

There’s literally a zero% chance I’m disappointed, unless you poured liquid drano instead of bourbon...

#8723 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

There’s literally a zero% chance I’m disappointed, unless you poured liquid drano instead of bourbon...

B79F9E89-A31E-4D7E-AA75-F71EAEDFE1EC.gifB79F9E89-A31E-4D7E-AA75-F71EAEDFE1EC.gif
    #8724 3 years ago

I am looking forward to thr samples as well. This is always a good time.

#8725 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

No place I have ever come across will sell it by the case matter of fact you are limited to one bottle

This was kind of special circumstances. They had no idea this was even coming in and they got a bunch of it, the store owner is a close friend, and he knew what I was doing with the extra bottles. All that being said, this isn't a super hard to find bottle here. We get a big drop around the metro every few weeks and you can find it on shelves pretty much any time you want if you are willing to put in a little time looking for it. Eagle Rare is much harder to come by for some reason as far as Buffalo Trace stuff goes.

#8726 3 years ago

I just received a missive from the illustrious Hilton. Evidently, he is in the vicinity of West Memphis, Arkansas where he got into an argument with some random dude about Titan vs Trojan rubbers. The argument devolved into a game of blindfolded hopscotch to prove who was right, in which our boy prevailed. A passing liquor store owner was in awe of Hilton’s awesome abilities and invited him back to his store to show him the “good stuff.” Evidently, Hilton and the store owner were on different sheets of music as to what the “good stuff” is. Anyway, after both parties shared a nervous chuckle Hilton was able to score the following bottles at MSRP. Hilton wishes everybody good tidings and that he looks forward to seeing everybody tomorrow night.

7C5C699B-D3ED-461A-8C56-D87375EDE4C2 (resized).jpeg7C5C699B-D3ED-461A-8C56-D87375EDE4C2 (resized).jpeg7F98A335-8410-4A6A-97DE-83057ADAD028 (resized).jpeg7F98A335-8410-4A6A-97DE-83057ADAD028 (resized).jpeg
    #8727 3 years ago

Quoted from DBLM:

I just received a missive from the illustrious Hilton. Evidently, he is in the vicinity of West Memphis, Arkansas where he got into an argument with some random dude about Titan vs Trojan rubbers. The argument devolved into a game of blindfolded hopscotch to prove who was right, in which our boy prevailed. A passing liquor store owner was in awe of Hilton’s awesome abilities and invited him back to his store to show him the “good stuff.” Evidently, Hilton and the store owner were on different sheets of music as to what the “good stuff” is. Anyway, after both parties shared a nervous chuckle Hilton was able to score the following bottles at MSRP. Hilton wishes everybody good tidings and that he looks forward to seeing everybody tomorrow night.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure if i'm more amazed that Hilton scoed some sweet bottles or that he was chilling in arkansas

#8728 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Tj where the hell have you been? Thought I was going to have to send out the search party for u

Oh, you know...hanging in the Gameseum thread until shit got locked. Been laying off the brown stuff for a bit but will be getting back to it now that the weather’s changing. What’s new with you?

#8729 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Not sure if i'm more amazed that Hilton scoed some sweet bottles or that he was chilling in arkansas

It is not mine to question his mysterious ways. He is like Cain from Kung Fu or Robert Banner from the Incredible Hulk, wandering this great country seeking adventure. And booze. Lots of booze.

#8730 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The one that the store I buy from had was fantastic. The one I bought from total wine was awful. All I can say is try it cause if you get a good batch I guarantee you will go buy a few more bottles of it. Looks like my batch came out of warehouse J so i'm sure that has something to do with it also.[quoted image]

Mine was from total wine as well, and horrible, $39.99 and returned as could not believe it but had too for the amount I spend in the store and especially when recommended by them after I went through all the bottles I liked and disliked.

AA6723F0-EB46-4956-885A-0C8EDDAFAC5B (resized).jpegAA6723F0-EB46-4956-885A-0C8EDDAFAC5B (resized).jpeg

#8731 3 years ago

Ok my 2nd bottle of this, little lighter than I usually like and in color but still nice I think Or maybe not need more time with it an try neat. Does everyone also try their bottle the same way or mix it up, meaning neat, on the rocks, ice ball, or whiskey stones, etc?

755BAE32-B2A7-49C9-B7A6-8E3E6C098DC9 (resized).jpeg755BAE32-B2A7-49C9-B7A6-8E3E6C098DC9 (resized).jpeg85995E91-73FE-4CB7-BC93-5F23A375841C (resized).jpeg85995E91-73FE-4CB7-BC93-5F23A375841C (resized).jpeg

#8732 3 years ago

Also people have been yelling at me on other sites as use my yeti cup for my drinks and claim ruining the flavor. I switched back to a glass but curious on your thoughts since we are such a much cooler group in here than facebook. Let me know, thanks, cheers. I just like mine cold and think the yeti does it much better.

#8733 3 years ago

f it having it my way to end the night.

30FBD60D-6511-47D2-9B76-4D72761FDFDC (resized).jpeg30FBD60D-6511-47D2-9B76-4D72761FDFDC (resized).jpeg
    #8734 3 years ago

Ok last one zoomers

EB876A3C-51D5-4180-9C75-9B3FE68B0B97 (resized).jpegEB876A3C-51D5-4180-9C75-9B3FE68B0B97 (resized).jpeg
    #8735 3 years ago

Ok one more mor the big 1.75l almost gone can’t find anymore

5B200604-4BCD-4720-85BE-FBAAAC3DAE93 (resized).jpeg5B200604-4BCD-4720-85BE-FBAAAC3DAE93 (resized).jpeg
    #8736 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Also people have been yelling at me on other sites as use my yeti cup for my drinks and claim ruining the flavor. I switched back to a glass but curious on your thoughts since we are such a much cooler group in here than facebook. Let me know, thanks, cheers. I just like mine cold and think the yeti does it much better.

I prefer a glass but a red solo cup will definitely work just fine. I have noticed a different taste drinking out of a metallic cup so I avoid them personally.

#8737 3 years ago

I tend to agree with Bill. Yeti’s give me a metallic taste as well. People on reddit and Facebook get very vocal about glassware, as I found out first hand. Drink out of whatever you like. I am personally not a fan of glen cairns and like a more substantial glass. They are just too dainty in my paw. Plus, I like to put an ice ball in my glass. Advocates talk about the shape for nosing bourbon and aeration in opening up taste, but I have a shitty sense of smell. I just like the heavy feeling of a tumbler in my hand. After a rough day, I love putting a heavy, cold tumbler to the side of my head. It makes the world melt away.

I also use solo cups just for convenience.

#8738 3 years ago

Also just to be clear nobody on here is going to judge you for whatever your drinking out of. Like I said b4 the metal cups tend to be something I personally shy away from. However if you like it go right ahead and pour em tall and keep on keeping on. Matter of fact if you wanna drink the shit out of your shoe I still wouldn't care. Actually that would be some funny ass shit to see maybe you could pour a shoe drink on a zoom call so we could have a good laugh!

#8739 3 years ago

I tried this last night and i enjoyed it. Probably not worth the $75 i spent nice, but highly drinkable. Very smooth, but not without character. I liked the finish with a nice dry vanilla...but not too sweet.

I'm new to bourbon, so I'm a bit unsophisticated.

Chris
    20200925_163247 (resized).jpg20200925_163247 (resized).jpg

#8740 3 years ago
    Quoted from Homebru:

I tried this last night and i enjoyed it. Probably not worth the $75 i spent nice, but highly drinkable. Very smooth, but not without character. I liked the finish with a nice dry vanilla...but not too sweet.
    Chris
    [quoted image]

Haven't tried the 10yr but I have tried the 14yr and thats pretty good. I do not care for the regular $45 off the shelf bottle though I gind it to be 100% forgettable

#8741 3 years ago

Hey Homebru and others, feel free to join the bourbon zoom tonight at 9 EDT. I will post a zoom link closer to the time. Always a good time.

#8742 3 years ago

beergut666 u watching fights again tonight or u gonna join in on the zoom call and watch Matt model his new tighty whities while sipping on some 15yr Knob creek?

#8743 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Also just to be clear nobody on here is going to judge you for whatever your drinking out of. Like I said b4 the metal cups tend to be something I personally shy away from. However if you like it go right ahead and pour em tall and keep on keeping on. Matter of fact if you wanna drink the shit out of your shoe I still wouldn't care. Actually that would be some funny ass shit to see maybe you could pour a shoe drink on a zoom call so we could have a good laugh!

I know that’s why I asked as was curious to know. I love this group of friendly turkeys. I always use to drink in a glass but like the coldness of the yeti, just never thought it would have that much effect on taste and wanted to know what others experienced. Thanks.

#8744 3 years ago
    Quoted from Homebru:

Chris
    [quoted image]

Only tried the regular bottle by them and finished it off, need to revisit as was awhile ago. But we have the same yeti cup

#8745 3 years ago

I know that’s why I asked as was curious to know. I love this group of friendly turkeys. I always use to drink in a glass but like the coldness of the yeti, just never thought it would have that much effect on taste and wanted to know what others experienced. Thanks.

So I take it the shoe cup idea is a no go

#8746 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Beergut666 u watching fights again tonight or u gonna join in on the zoom call and watch Matt model his new tighty whities while sipping on some 15yr Knob creek?

Sorry guys, it's fight night for me. UFC 253 and a super stacked Showtime boxing card with five title fights. I'm gonna open something special tonight and will probably be completely out of my skull by around 9pm.

#8747 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So I take it the shoe cup idea is a no go

You never know, I did see a guy drink beer out of shoes once

#8748 3 years ago

You hoping on tonight, @jackontherocks?

#8749 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Sorry guys, it's fight night for me. UFC 253 and a super stacked Showtime boxing card with five title fights. I'm gonna open something special tonight and will probably be completely out of my skull by around 9pm.

Normally I’m not a UFC guy, and a pure boxing fan, but I did see that lineup and was a bit intrigued. Hard to buy that when there’s college football on though...

#8750 3 years ago

So for those that prefer it on the rocks have any of you gotten the craft/clear ice bug? I have. Did a little research and for cost/ease/convenience I went with a Wintersmith ice chest and have had decent results getting clear ice. Ice is kind of ice but there is something elegant about having clear ice and enjoying a drink. It adds to the experience. Kind of like pairing a nice cigar with a drink or a good wine with a meal.

Would love to hear what you guys do.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/175?hl=homebru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.