Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11703 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 235.
    #8501 7 months ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I like that green little elf or dwarf figure

My daughter made the mushrooms... not that I've ever had any...

#8502 7 months ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Thanks for thr compliment. Here is the full slab for you. Island is 4 x 11, but we got lucky that they had a piece that was able to cover it with out being seamed. Sorry for the dirty dishes.
    [quoted image]

Very cool!

#8503 7 months ago

It's thirsty Thursday, so I'm having a little bourbon for lunch...

20200917_130821.jpg
    #8504 7 months ago

Friend of mine was driving through TN yesterday and snagged these for me. Been looking for this 12yr Peg Leg porker for a while. The Chattanooga 111 is some real good stuff also if you see it pick it up. I've said it a bunch b4 but this Coopers Craft is excellent as well.

20200917_151147 (resized).jpg
    #8505 7 months ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

It's thirsty Thursday, so I'm having a little bourbon for lunch...[quoted image]

Very nice. I've heard of breakfast of champions but that looks like the lunch of champions

#8506 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Very nice. I've heard of breakfast of champions but that looks like the lunch of champions

It's called the Lunch of Legends

#8507 7 months ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

It's called the Lunch of Legends

Nothing, I repeat nothing, beats the Lunch of the Legends! That's one good thing about working from home thanks to COVID

#8508 7 months ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Nothing, I repeat nothing, beats the Lunch of the Legends! That's one good thing about working from home thanks to COVID

When my day is going shitty, I have been known to partake of the “3 PM Nathaniel Rateliff Special.” Video for context. I suggest playing it at full volume with something over 115 proof.

#8509 7 months ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

When my day is going shitty, I have been known to partake of the “3 PM Nathaniel Rateliff Special.”

A little shot and some Beau Jocque always gets it going for me. Forget everything else!

#8510 7 months ago

Any coffee lovers in this group? I bought me an amateur barista toy.
    That "morning after" fix.

IMG_9262 (resized).jpeg

#8511 7 months ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Any coffee lovers in this group? I bought me an amateur barista toy.
    That "morning after" fix.
    [quoted image]

I like coffee enough to know that Keurig coffee fucking sucks and that’s all we have here. I’d like to get something like that Don as I spend way too much money on coffeehouse coffee.

#8512 7 months ago

My daughter is the Keurig addict. I hate it.

This Breville makes a wicked Latte in under 3 minutes.

Bed Bath and Beyond let me use their 20% off coupon. Even though it says "excludes" Breville.

#8513 7 months ago

Here’s to the White Sox clinching their first playoff berth in 12 years (!). And also to the stacks of cash I won from Cub fan haters who swore they’d suck. 2018 George T Stagg, cheers!

C7E52580-6B41-4B18-91D8-0E8290C34B5D (resized).jpeg
    #8514 7 months ago

Never too late for steak.
    But is for that Davidson’s.

0C1078FC-0B47-43DF-8127-661E0DE01A3B (resized).jpeg
    #8515 7 months ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

2018 George T Stagg, cheers!

The best!!

#8516 7 months ago

I second this!

#8517 7 months ago

Keurig is not coffee.

#8518 7 months ago

Opened a couple bottles to celebrate a friend's dad's birthday (in heaven).

That Old Fitzgerald is really good.

PXL_20200918_003830897 (resized).jpg
    #8519 7 months ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Opened a couple bottles to celebrate a friend's dad's birthday (in heaven).
    That Old Fitzgerald is really good.
    [quoted image]

That Bombereger’s is in my crosshairs. Cheers!

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Never too late for steak.
    But is for that Davidson’s. [quoted image]

You ever let a bunch of steaks rest on a plate then chug all the juices that drip onto the bottom of the plate? When your wife and kids aren’t looking? And then your wife says “why is all that grease on your face”? Yeah...me neither.

#8520 7 months ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

That Bombereger’s is in my crosshairs. Cheers!

That bottle came from IL last week.

#8521 7 months ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

That bottle came from IL last week.

I know! It’s got all the makings of a 5 star shelf queen (high msrp, not BT, nobody knows about the bottle, minimal secondary markup) but I’ll be damned if I can find a bottle. From everything I’ve heard and read it’s right up my alley and I really want to find one.

#8522 7 months ago

What's that sound? UPS !!
    What could it be?

IMG_9272 (resized).jpeg

#8523 7 months ago

The bourbon stash is growing! I had almost forgotten this absolutely wonderful Maker's store pick from last year!

IMG_9273 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9274 (resized).jpeg

#8524 7 months ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

What's that sound? UPS !!
    What could it be?
    [quoted image]

Must be that “olive oil” you ordered from that guy. Or is that my secret santa gift.....boing!

#8525 7 months ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Must be that “olive oil” you ordered from that guy. Or is that my secret santa gift.....boing!

If you need one Phabes my store still has them for 179.

#8526 7 months ago

After several throw downs over the years, here’s to the reigning (reasonable and currently available) champ BIB bourbon. It’s getting impossible to find and the price is getting jacked, but it’s fantastic.

image (resized).jpg
    #8527 7 months ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Any coffee lovers in this group? I bought me an amateur barista toy. That "morning after" fix.

Love good coffee, and it's fun to try different beans (current favorite is from a micro roastery nearby, cafe lusso). Fresh beans are the key, I never buy beans that don’t have the roasting date as they start to decay after about a month or so. I bought the Breville oracle a few years back, best purchase I’ve made that’s not bourbon related as it makes awesome lattes and cappuccinos.

37C6310E-1583-44C7-B8D1-F419E2086A42 (resized).jpeg
    #8528 7 months ago

Working late is more fun with a little 'pick me up' bourbon

20200917_214642.jpg
    #8529 7 months ago

Trying it a different way to see if get more flavor come out, so far this bottle better for me this way than with an ice ball. Still looking to find the love in the 4…Roses as my first bottle by them.

A8028B02-833B-46E1-9A10-E4BC278F706A (resized).jpeg

#8530 7 months ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

[quoted image]

You sure do know how to get through a day! Love the coasters also

#8531 7 months ago

Trying it a different way to see if get more flavor come out, so far this bottle better for me this way than with an ice ball. Still looking to find the love in the 4…Roses as my first bottle by them.
    [quoted image]

i'm not a fan of the 4 roses small batch it has a funky flavor profile that i'm not into. The Single barrel is absolutely fantastic though and not sure you can get it out you way but the Small Batch Select is a home run.

#8532 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

i'm not a fan of the 4 roses small batch it has a funky flavor profile that i'm not into. The Single barrel is absolutely fantastic though and not sure you can get it out you way but the Small Batch Select is a home run.

Yeah it just seems little off or light or different to me.

#8533 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

These two have been my favorites lately for the price and value as first time trying as well.

641EA1AD-65A2-4A64-A7B7-61A558FE7E6C (resized).jpegC3BD9680-9A9F-4D65-9758-10985CEA1C55 (resized).jpeg
    #8534 7 months ago

Hello. New here. Some of my favorites are Boureye, Blade and Bow (beats Blantons everytime we have done a blind tasting with friends), Noah's Mill, OF1910 and Russell's Reserve Barrel Select(Eddie signed my first bottle and I just keep refilling it). Recently I had a store barrel pick of Old Scout (113°) that was perhaps the best thing I have had. Scary how well the alco was hidden.

I wonder if anyone can tell me about the KC15. I have yet to crack $100/bttl, but I am real tempted if the experts here give it a thumbs up:
    "KNOB CREEK 15: We were able to get a large shipment of this in, and I am thrilled. I think this is the best bourbon in the store right now. Honey Graham cracker, finishing with that lovely baking spice signature that Knob Creek has. It is a real treat. This bourbon was created by using single barrels that were too low to be sold as is. It is a mixture of 15 and older barrels and that is exactly how it drinks. Just writing about it, makes me want to have more. 110.99"

Thanks for the advice to a relatively new bourbon drinker.

Chris

#8535 7 months ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

[quoted image]

Where did you get those coasters?

#8536 7 months ago
    Quoted from Homebru:

Hello. New here. Some of my favorites are Boureye, Blade and Bow (beats Blantons everytime we have done a blind tasting with friends), Noah's Mill, OF1910 and Russell's Reserve Barrel Select(Eddie signed my first bottle and I just keep refilling it). Recently I had a store barrel pick of Old Scout (113°) that was perhaps the best thing I have had. Scary how well the alco was hidden.
    I wonder if anyone can tell me about the KC15. I have yet to crack $100/bttl, but I am real tempted if the experts here give it a thumbs up:
    "KNOB CREEK 15: We were able to get a large shipment of this in, and I am thrilled. I think this is the best bourbon in the store right now. Honey Graham cracker, finishing with that lovely baking spice signature that Knob Creek has. It is a real treat. This bourbon was created by using single barrels that were too low to be sold as is. It is a mixture of 15 and older barrels and that is exactly how it drinks. Just writing about it, makes me want to have more. 110.99"
    Thanks for the advice to a relatively new bourbon drinker.
    Chris

Welcome, Chris. I have the KC15 and I am a fan. I reviewed it briefly in post 7130, which has the bottle and the tasting notes from KC. I largely agreed with their description. It is KC amplified and very oaky, so if that is your jam you are in good shape.

Is it worth it? That is always debatable and based upon preferences. The KC 12 is around 60 bucks and is a fantastic bottle. With the 15, you are getting a limited release in a box, but I think it is very good.

#8537 7 months ago

Thank you DBLM for the quick reference. It is a big thread!

Chris

#8538 7 months ago
    Quoted from daveddd14:

Where did you get those coasters?

They were being sold at TPF maybe 3-4 years ago, they had several different ones, but not sure what happened since I've never seen them since.
    I had AFM also, but unfortunately broke it so only have these 3 left

20200918_080957.jpg
    #8539 7 months ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

They were being sold at TPF maybe 3-4 years ago, they had several different ones, but not sure what happened since I've never seen them since.
    I had AFM also, but unfortunately broke it so only have these 3 left[quoted image]

They are awesome and I have been looking for some thanks!

#8540 7 months ago

These two have been my favorites lately for the price and value as first time trying as well.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

The Russels Reserve regular off the shelf stuff I think is garbage. Now the store pick Russels Reserve is a complete different story. Amazing how different they are but I haven't had a bad bottle yet. I know Chisox loves his large collection of Russels bottles

#8541 7 months ago

Sooooo...I was not able to go down the >$100 rabbit hole on the Knob Creek 15. I chickened out.

I live on the SC/NC border, and have literally never gone to a NC ABC store. Holy smokes are the prices better! I also found some different stuff.

I got these 3 for $175 (vs $111 for the Knob 15). The JD SBS was a lark because it was on sale for 44.95. Calumet was on sale too. I'm obviously a sucker for sales.

Which one to taste tonight? Never tried any of the 3.

Thanks.

20200918_130914 (resized).jpg
    #8542 7 months ago
    Quoted from Homebru:

Sooooo...I was not able to go down the >$100 rabbit hole on the Knob Creek 15. I chickened out.
    I live on the SC/NC border, and have literally never gone to a NC ABC store. Holy smokes are the prices better! I also found some different stuff.
    I got these 3 for $175 (vs $111 for the Knob 15). The JD SBS was a lark because it was on sale for 44.95. Calumet was on sale too. I'm obviously a sucker for sales.
    Which one to taste tonight? Never tried any of the 3.
    Thanks.
    [quoted image]

Well you have 3 very different flavor profiles right there. Whichever one you try just notate any pros or cons you like or dislike. You will definitely taste how different they are from each other.

#8543 7 months ago

Stopped at Binnys today

PXL_20200918_194233106 (resized).jpg
    #8544 7 months ago

Early Times BiB > Dickel BiB

I sure enjoy taking pics of bourbon.

PXL_20200918_221828571 (resized).jpg
    #8545 7 months ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well you have 3 very different flavor profiles right there. Whichever one you try just notate any pros or cons you like or dislike. You will definitely taste how different they are from each other.

I went with KC SBR 9 120°. Definitely in my wheelhouse. Sweetish on the nose and first sip, finishes with a bit more spices/leather. I'm a fan. I'll be buying more. Especially at $49.95.

#8546 7 months ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Early Times BiB > Dickel BiB
    I sure enjoy taking pics of bourbon.
    [quoted image]

I've been on that early times for about 6 months now it is so good for how cheap it is

#8547 7 months ago
    Quoted from Homebru:

I went with KC SBR 9 120°. Definitely in my wheelhouse. Sweetish on the nose and first sip, finishes with a bit more spices/leather. I'm a fan. I'll be buying more. Especially at $49.95.

I prefer 12 yr and younger for my KC. The 15 yr KC bourbons get really oaky and dry for me. I like a little oak but sometimes the older ones are like having a stave in my mouth. I’m only commenting on the 15 year store picks I’ve had, not the particular bottle you and Matt are talking about. Just my .02.

#8548 7 months ago

That being said, Matt is the KC/Little Book/Booker’s expert around here (Fulltilt knows a bit about Booker’s too) and would totally defer to his opinions on any of those bottles to mine.

#8549 7 months ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I prefer 12 yr and younger for my KC. The 15 yr KC bourbons get really oaky and dry for me. I like a little oak but sometimes the older ones are like having a stave in my mouth. I’m only commenting on the 15 year store picks I’ve had, not the particular bottle you and Matt are talking about. Just my .02.

So glad I did what I did then...besides the volume for same $$$. I agree with you. I like a bit of oak, but I've had a 15 yo from Sazerac that was waaay too oaky for me. Even if people do pay silly money for it.

Glad to hear you prefer the "younger" KCs. My conundrum was the 12 vs 9 ($9 diff). I'll prolly get the 12 next.

Thanks again. Learning...

#8550 7 months ago

fyi, wine is what I know better after a stint in France. Had this with some nice steaks on my Primo:

20200918_184957 (resized).jpg20200918_185202 (resized).jpg20200918_190011 (resized).jpg20200918_190346 (resized).jpg
    There are 11703 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside