Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 235.
    #651 5 years ago

Not sure if you guys are into the Russell’s Single Barrell store picks but some of them are in the top ten bourbons I’ve had. Russell’s single barrels are notoriously all over the place, but when you get a good one, dayum. I bought this one in a bourbon group that is a store pick from R&J Liquors, wherever that is, and it’s unbelievable.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #652 5 years ago

I think I need to start whisky and scotch thread.

20190405_233248 (resized).jpg20190405_233248 (resized).jpg
    #653 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Not sure if you guys are into the Russell’s Single Barrell

Yes step-broth'a. I damn near picked up some today but the Booker's was callin' my name.

#654 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I think I need to start ........ scotch thread.

Please don't... 0_0

#656 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wow thats quite a setup how bout some pics of the still?

Basic set up
    5l pure @ 50% ABV

Filtered water 1.25L T ^6.25 L Pure
    Clean as, 0 hangover

TPW is amazing !

Perfect vodka ,,, Just add your favorite mix

Charcoal filter to clean and breathe, Nice.

Playing Pinball after a couple of Rums or Bourbon is awesome !

\m/

Edit: removed photos

#657 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Not sure if you guys are into the Russell’s Single Barrell store picks but some of them are in the top ten bourbons I’ve had. Russell’s single barrels are notoriously all over the place, but when you get a good one, dayum. I bought this one in a bourbon group that is a store pick from R&J Liquors, wherever that is, and it’s unbelievable.
    [quoted image]

I'm a big fan of the 10yr russels reserve

#658 5 years ago
    Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

I think I need to start whisky and scotch thread.
    [quoted image]

Sorry guys, the scotch thread is a year old, and I posted a similar picture.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scotch-drinkers-club/

#659 5 years ago

Well its a sad day, I drank my last glass out of this bottle.

20190406_151849 (resized).jpg20190406_151849 (resized).jpg
    #660 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

[quoted image]

one of, if not, my favs!

#661 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

[quoted image]

I never had the chance to taste that one but had heard it was one of the best values in bourbon before they discontinued it.

#662 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Quoted from Whysnow:

one of, if not, my favs!

Quoted from swillie:

I never had the chance to taste that one but had heard it was one of the best values in bourbon before they discontinued it.

It's $200+tax around here where it's in stock ($149 at TotalWine but never actually on the shelf) It would have to be pretty flipping good to make anybody's best value list

#663 5 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

It's $200+tax around here where it's in stock ($149 at TotalWine but never actually on the shelf) It would have to be pretty flipping good to make anybody's best value list

No it's definitely not a value and it's about $300 bucks a bottle in the st. Louis area if you can ever even find it it's just really damn good though it's worth one of those splurge purchases whenever u spot it. Had that bottle for a while.

#664 5 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Buy me 2 and ship them over

I would be happy to toss you some extra for the effort.

#665 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

[quoted image]

Sad indeed.. might be very hard to replace.

#666 5 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

It used to cost around $50....like 6-7 years ago. Serious.

#667 5 years ago

@Chisox, what’s your toast for Virginia winning this thing?

#668 5 years ago

Set...

3CFA556A-D41F-4C98-AC35-C7B1F9C1D297 (resized).jpeg3CFA556A-D41F-4C98-AC35-C7B1F9C1D297 (resized).jpeg

#669 5 years ago

BAM!!

7884E8DD-44F3-4E24-9597-707B70727EE8 (resized).jpeg7884E8DD-44F3-4E24-9597-707B70727EE8 (resized).jpeg

#670 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

BAM!!
    [quoted image]

Been looking for a bottle of that george stagg but never see around here.

#671 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Chisox, what’s your toast for Virginia winning this thing?

Cheers! Yeah I had a bit of a rollercoaster night. Good news is I can get any unicorn I want now for my 50th hmmmm..... I’ll be back tomorrow for my toast, I need a couple days to dry out.

#672 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Good news is I can get any unicorn I want now for my 50th hmmmm

Hum. Good idea! I am 46 and I like that idea. I initially was thinking Pappy - but I think the Old Forester Birthday makes more sense (and I have never had it - so unicorn for me)

#673 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Cheers! Yeah I had a bit of a rollercoaster night. Good news is I can get any unicorn I want now for my 50th hmmmm..... I’ll be back tomorrow for my toast, I need a couple days to dry out.

You know...if I were turning 50 (again).... Never seen one, but I know where you can get one. (:

Messages Image(2098426496) (resized).pngMessages Image(2098426496) (resized).png

#674 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

You know...if I were turning 50 (again).... Never seen one, but I know where you can get one. (:
    [quoted image]

I didn’t win Powerball.

#675 5 years ago

I’m thinking Stagg or maybe an old 1969 dusty like Wild Turkey or Old Fitz.

#676 5 years ago

Picked up a bottle of Rowan’s Creek based on everyone ranting about it. Very impressed at the price point. Another bottle sitting next to it called Noah’s Mill (I think) for about $15 more. Looked to be made by the same folks based on the bottle and label style. Thoughts?
    Also picked up a 2/18 Bookers for a buddy who did me a solid. $68 felt like a good price and it was the best thing on the shelf IMO.

#677 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I’m thinking Stagg or maybe an old 1969 dusty like Wild Turkey or Old Fitz.

'69 Wild Turkey! I was dreaming of being at Woodstock... but working the local clothing store.

#678 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Picked up a bottle of Rowan’s Creek based on everyone ranting about it. Very impressed at the price point. Another bottle sitting next to it called Noah’s Mill (I think) for about $15 more. Looked to be made by the same folks based on the bottle and label style. Thoughts?
    Also picked up a 2/18 Bookers for a buddy who did me a solid. $68 felt like a good price and it was the best thing on the shelf IMO.

Rowan’s Creek and Noah’s Mill are indeed both made by Willett. I believe the Noah’s Mill is higher proof. I’ve had Noah’s Mill and it was just ok for me, but I’m also not a huge fan of the Willett bourbons. Their ryes on the other hand are great. Enjoy!

#679 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Rowan’s Creek and Noah’s Mill are indeed both made by Willett. I believe the Noah’s Mill is higher proof. I’ve had Noah’s Mill and it was just ok for me, but I’m also not a huge fan of the Willett bourbons. Their ryes on the other hand are great. Enjoy!

Don’t even get me started. I lost 1/2 a bottle of Willet rye to some neighbor jackasses who couldn’t tell the difference between Willets white label rye and Jim Beams white label. My fault for telling them “grab the white label and go to town” they did not disappoint...

#680 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I didn’t win Powerball.

You won't be 50 again and probably won't get another chance at a 25 yr old Pappy... just sayin'... Had to clarify the "Pappy" part.

#681 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

Don’t even get me started. I lost 1/2 a bottle of Willet rye to some neighbor jackasses who couldn’t tell the difference between Willets white label rye and Jim Beams white label. My fault for telling them “grab the white label and go to town” they did not disappoint...

And I wouldn’t have cared if they weren’t mixing it... With SPRITE

#682 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

I have a blantons bottle full of gentlemans jack that I use if they add anything to it ... Friends that ask for it neat get the real stuff lol

#683 5 years ago
    Quoted from ypurchn:

That's a crime!!!!

#684 5 years ago
    Quoted from Goronic:

I have a blantons bottle full of gentlemans jack that I use if they add anything to it ... Friends that ask for it neat get the real stuff lol

That's genius!!!

#685 5 years ago

Passing hump day with a "little" Whistle. Couldn't find the Boss Hog. (:

IMG_5250 (resized).jpegIMG_5250 (resized).jpeg

#686 5 years ago

Birthday tonight. Parents got me a bottle of Bib & Tucker. First time having this and it’s smooth.

A70A2FDB-8FE1-44CB-AAF4-94AA66561D69 (resized).jpegA70A2FDB-8FE1-44CB-AAF4-94AA66561D69 (resized).jpeg
    #687 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Parents got me a bottle of Bib & Tucker.

Oh man, that's what parents are for. I miss mine. Even though they wouldn't have gotten me a bottle of Bib & Tucker. (:

#688 5 years ago

OK I’m back for that toast. Cheers to you guys and the University of Virginia basketball team. It was a great ride.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #689 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

OK I’m back for that toast. Cheers to you guys and the University of Virginia basketball team. It was a great ride.
    [quoted image]

Great choice, love that stuff!

#690 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

[quoted image]

Great Bourbon and a great game!

#691 5 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Birthday tonight. Parents got me a bottle of Bib & Tucker. First time having this and it’s smooth. [quoted image]

BTW, nice counter tops. (:

#692 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

GG, GH, GI have all been very good. From my understanding, anything released up to today, and for the immediate future, should have a significantly larger proportion of 10 year old barrels in the mix. WT101 is currently advertised as a blend of 6-8 year old barrels.

This was a great tip! Picked up some WT101 with the GH date and it definitely exceeds its price point of $28

Random thoughts on these 5 'value' bourbons I picked up and tasted today:

Eagle Rare 10Y - $34 Everything I want in a daily sipper. Might be the next 10Y to go from everywhere to hard to find
    WT101 (GH date) - $28 Cant believe I've been missing out on this. Will be getting plenty more
    Elijah Craig SB - $28 A little harsher than the first two, still a value but no desire to stockpile it

Larceny $23 - Hmmm. Not as good as the first 3 but also a bit cheaper. Reviews seem good for this but not feeling it. Will still drink it but probably reserve it for mixing

Jeffers Creek $16 - Was a trusted store's 'value buy' so I figured "how bad can a 6Y bourbon be" well, it drinks thin and shallow with no warmth and no aftertaste. It's just not good and will likely sit forever before I can pawn it off on somebody. Waste of money

#693 5 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

Jeffers Creek $16 - Was a trusted store's 'value buy' so I figured "how bad can a 6Y bourbon be" well, it drinks thin and shallow with no warmth and no aftertaste. It's just not good and will likely sit forever before I can pawn it off on somebody. Waste of money

That's the Sprite mixer. (:

#694 5 years ago
    Quoted from boscokid:

This was a great tip! Picked up some WT101 with the GH date and it definitely exceeds its price point of $28
    Random thoughts on these 5 'value' bourbons I picked up and tasted today:
    Eagle Rare 10Y - $34 Everything I want in a daily sipper. Might be the next 10Y to go from everywhere to hard to find
    WT101 (GH date) - $28 Cant believe I've been missing out on this. Will be getting plenty more
    Elijah Craig SB - $28 A little harsher than the first two, still a value but no desire to stockpile it
    Larceny $23 - Hmmm. Not as good as the first 3 but also a bit cheaper. Reviews seem good for this but not feeling it. Will still drink it but probably reserve it for mixing

I've started to stockpile the ER for it's age statement and have a fair supply of the older EC from when it used to carry the 12 year age statement. As I've said before, there are such similarities (and fun) between the bourbon and pinball hunt. Though generally, (but not always) the bourbon hunt is easier on the wallet.

KIMG3088 (resized).jpgKIMG3088 (resized).jpg
    #695 5 years ago

Eagle rare is getting much harder to find for me and I totally agree that you should stock up on it cause the price has gone up to $38 from $33 that it used to be.

#696 5 years ago
    Quoted from vaevictis:

As I've said before, there are such similarities (and fun) between the bourbon and pinball hunt. Though generally, (but not always) the bourbon hunt is easier on the wallet.[quoted image]

Until I finally found my 23yr Pappy it was definitely easier. Since I'm now (sadly) out of the pinball collecting, (unless you have a nice King's and Queens) the bourbon hunt has become a new thrill!

#697 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Passing hump day with a "little" Whistle. Couldn't find the Boss Hog. (:
    [quoted image]

I gotcha covered

9EB71AE9-B989-4CDC-BD62-F26F03BCB0FA (resized).jpeg9EB71AE9-B989-4CDC-BD62-F26F03BCB0FA (resized).jpeg
    #698 5 years ago

So, in recent times, I've begun collecting larger format bottles (1.75L) of bourbon. Considered doing a kind of joke calendar/photo shoot with them for friends and family. So far, besides the usual shelf inhabitants, I've collected a Weller Special Reserve, Old Fitzgerald Prime (rare around here in any size), Woodford Reserve, plus the Eagle Rare and Elijah Craig 12 year pictured above. On the lookout for a Willett Potstill Reserve and 1792. My question is has anyone actually seen other/higher end bourbons in 1.75L? I believe Weller 12 year has a 1.75L, but I've only seen the 750ml in the wild. (I'd pick up a Weller 12 in any size at a reasonable price now in the wild) Any suggestions?

#699 5 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I gotcha covered
    [quoted image]

OH SHIT, you're going to make me buy that bottle aren't you!

Is it good? (:

#700 5 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

OH SHIT, you're going to make me buy that bottle aren't you!
    Is it good? (:

I like the 3 better than the 2. The 5th is going for about 500 around here and I think is overpriced.

Has anybody tried Blood Oath? It is fantastic!

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.