Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 235.
    #6851 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Cheers to you seeing a doctor for that and to your quick recovery! I had a bug bite on my inter-inter thigh (like way down there) that I blew off until it was almost too late. A week in the hospital, a big chunk of my inter (inter) thigh removed to stop the infection and 8 weeks of intravenous antibiotics was my reward for blowing it off. Don’t fuck around with infections, a couple more days and I would have been in dire straits.

Wow!! That is an eye opening story.

#6852 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

It was scary as hell. I’ve been preaching about infections ever since. Shit gets real REALLY fast.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #6853 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Cheers to you seeing a doctor for that and to your quick recovery! I had a bug bite on my inter-inter thigh (like way down there) that I blew off until it was almost too late. A week in the hospital, a big chunk of my inter (inter) thigh removed to stop the infection and 8 weeks of intravenous antibiotics was my reward for blowing it off. Don’t fuck around with infections, a couple more days and I would have been in dire straits.

MRSA is everywhere these days... can go from a pimple to a necrotic hole in a couple days.

#6854 3 years ago

Moral of the story is stay away from hookers

#6855 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So far so good on that one !

#6856 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

excellent (resized).jpgexcellent (resized).jpg

#6857 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

It was scary as hell. I’ve been preaching about infections ever since. Shit gets real REALLY fast.
    [quoted image]

Never had this tasty juice! Very jealous

#6858 3 years ago

Picking up take out tonight.... gee, I need to stop in at the liquor store next door.

I wanted to find something out of the ordinary rotation. Picked 4 I've never tried.
    Might make for a good blind Zoom episode.

IMG_8830 (resized).jpegIMG_8830 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8831 (resized).jpegIMG_8831 (resized).jpeg

#6859 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Try and keep a little stash of Bactrim (if you're not sulfa allergic) or Keflex around.

#6860 3 years ago

Never had this tasty juice! Very jealous

It’s good but not worth the stupid price nowadays.

Quoted from Fulltilt:

Picking up take out tonight.... gee, I need to stop in at the liquor store next door.
    I wanted to find something out of the ordinary rotation. Picked 4 I've never tried.
    Might make for a good blind Zoom episode.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

Let me know how you like that Old Elk bourbon Don. I have their rye and it’s really good.

#6861 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Try and keep a little stash of Bactrim (if you're not sulfa allergic) or Keflex around.

Will do....(Googles Bactrim and Keflex) haha. This was not STD related I swear!

#6862 3 years ago

I like it... going back for the second pour! A couple small ice cubes sets it free! Makes me want to go put on some Jaco.

#6863 3 years ago

Is that a store pick of Old Elk? I grabbed a couple cases from some store in IL for me and the boys... Tasty stuff and they there in the elk head pourer too for each bottle.

VID_20200620_215759_exported_0_1592714027020 (resized).jpgVID_20200620_215759_exported_0_1592714027020 (resized).jpg
    #6864 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Is that a store pick of Old Elk? I grabbed a couple cases from some store in IL for me and the boys... Tasty stuff and they there in the elk head pourer too for each bottle.

Yes but I got no elk head! I'm taking in that picture and complaining.. LOL!

#6865 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes but I got no elk head! I'm taking in that picture and complaining.. LOL!

It was some sort of special that the liquor store was running buy their store pick and get an elk head pourer. This was from one of my bourbon runs, it was a big hit with the group. My phone was going off non-stop while I was in the store so I grabbed 2 cases. They even gave me a discount since I bought so much.
    Ended up coming to $50/bottle with tax. Damn good deal, IMHO.

#6866 3 years ago

This bourbon thing is going to take me to the poor house..... I ended up with Big Bang Bar one night after a little dis-inhibition, and last night placed an offer on a Big Lebowski. I'm so glad the email this morning said it was already sold.... DAMN I gotta' start payin' attention.
    Whysnow knows that machine I believe.

#6867 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

This bourbon thing is going to take me to the poor house..... I ended up with Big Bang Bar one night after a little dis-inhibition, and last night placed an offer on a Big Lebowski. I'm so glad the email this morning said it was already sold.... DAMN I gotta' start payin' attention.

I’ll take the BBB off your hands

#6868 3 years ago

I’ll take the BBB of your hands

It's like pinball sex.

#6869 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Haha..Half of my games are here because of whiskey. Sunday mornings are great checking my emails....Pinside mail, Amazon, Facebook bourbon groups, Audiogon....it’s like Christmas morning!

#6870 3 years ago

Audiogon...... let's not "McIntosh, Linn" go there.

#6871 3 years ago

Oops

#6872 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Audiogon...... let's not "McIntosh, Linn" go there.

I distinctly remember having too many Maker’s and gingers when I bought my amp. It was like a months salary back then. Still married somehow. Cheers!

#6873 3 years ago

Fuck it, count me in! 136.8 proof goodness soothes the soul.

20B50538-E0D1-42F6-A4BF-DB43DAA4BF37 (resized).jpeg20B50538-E0D1-42F6-A4BF-DB43DAA4BF37 (resized).jpeg

#6874 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

whysnow knows that machine I believe.

Lol, I thought my drunk purchase of a pallet of mulch and 3000 rounds of ammo was a fun notification to wake up to, I don't know what I'd do with myself if I started drunk buying pinball machines.

#6875 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

I distinctly remember having too many Maker’s and gingers when I bought my amp. It was like a months salary back then. Still married somehow. Cheers!

Forwarding to the Fedex pickup location has saved me a few "disagreements" for sure.

#6876 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Have you ever noticed that after a few Maker's and gingers, it seems like you probably need a new amp, some new speakers, or a new processor?

#6877 3 years ago

Fuck it! Throwing up a zoom. Anybody in?

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6945227518

#6878 3 years ago

I can join for 1 hr. And I’m already housed, just a heads up.

#6879 3 years ago

Join damnit!

#6880 3 years ago

Opened a new one tonight, not bad just under $50 at my Costco, has flavor

29D05808-E99F-436C-AA51-563EA9876BF0 (resized).jpeg29D05808-E99F-436C-AA51-563EA9876BF0 (resized).jpeg
    #6881 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Opened a new one tonight, not bad just under $50 at my Costco, has flavor
    [quoted image]

I taste heavy corn. It is good but not something I can drink too often.

#6882 3 years ago

Q: "Why does Kentucky exist?"

A:

IMG_2622m (resized).jpgIMG_2622m (resized).jpg
    #6883 3 years ago

Great hanging out tonight guys and my first zoom, see ya again, night.

#6884 3 years ago

Sounds like the zoom went well last night did Don buy a new pin afterwards? Sorry I couldn't play last night but friday nights are No Bueno for me!

#6885 3 years ago

Sounds like a blast. I was zonked from a long week and more work today...

#6886 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Sounds like a blast. I was zonked from a long week and more work today...

Yeah I hear you on that I had 72 tons of dirt delivered yesterday. 94 degrees out and about 88% humidity made moving it all a real treat.

#6887 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Yeah I hear you on that I had 72 tons of dirt delivered yesterday. 94 degrees out and about 88% humidity made moving it all a real treat.

sounds like a blast!

I am doing regular work as the cabin is rented out (we airbnb it weeks when we dont plan to head up), but will be back up next weekend to trench in 100+ft of conduit by hand/ up the hill as I want lighting on the hill and also prep for a garage down the way.

Hard work but I like it!

#6888 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like a blast!
    I am doing regular work as the cabin is rented out (we airbnb it weeks when we dont plan to head up), but will be back up next weekend to trench in 100+ft of conduit by hand/ up the hill as I want lighting on the hill and also prep for a garage down the way.
    Hard work but I like it!

You go man. It is definitely rewarding when you see the end results from the fruits of your labor. Hope you aren't working too hard to deprive yourself from having a little nip off that new Old Fitz bottle

#6889 3 years ago

Just cut and weed ate 2 acres of grass. It is oppressive out right now.

#6890 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Morning coffee for me, moved one rock a it was out of place, ha ha , no grass.

#6891 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Hey Matt you should probably reward yourself for all that hard labor with a real nice new bottle of bourbon

#6892 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey Matt you should probably reward yourself for all that hard labor with a real nice new bottle of bourbon

Nah, I need a little break. I hit the EC BP and Peerless Rye pretty hard last night and went to bed at 3. Was up at 8 cutting grass so between that and laying out for a bit I think I have sweated most of it out. Finally broke down and popped some Advil for the head. We shall see what the afternoon and evening bring.

#6893 3 years ago

Sorry about the Irish goodbye last night. I went upstairs and my son had like 12 friends over at 1:00 AM. So I had to get all those assholes out of my house. I was WAY past my one hr limit anyways.

#6894 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Sorry about the Irish goodbye last night. I went upstairs and my son had like 12 friends over at 1:00 AM. So I had to get all those assholes out of my house. I was WAY past my one hr limit anyways.

No worries at all. We started and next thing I knew it was 3 hours later.

#6895 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

No worries at all. We started and next thing I knew it was 3 hours later.

Isn't that the way it always goes?

#6896 3 years ago

Bout that time i'd say.

20200718_174926 (resized).jpg20200718_174926 (resized).jpg
    #6897 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Isn't that the way it always goes?

When done correctly

#6898 3 years ago

Honestly, I don’t think either is worth the price of admission but would not pass them up at retail.

The 9 is better IMHO.
    The bottle is probably the coolest part

319B632E-CB85-482D-8992-B389A20A724C (resized).jpeg319B632E-CB85-482D-8992-B389A20A724C (resized).jpeg
    #6899 3 years ago

On the bright side, the gardens are doing well. Peppers love this heat and humidity

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #6900 3 years ago

Corn, anyone...

IMG_20200718_200443 (resized).jpgIMG_20200718_200443 (resized).jpg
    There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/138?hl=jfre81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.