Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 235.
    #6701 3 years ago

You would like this a lot, Chisox

#6702 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

This is one of my faves.
    [quoted image]

Blaum Bros is good stuff. Their 11 and 12 yr barrel strength offerings from years past were legendary. Sitting a couple of older bottles that are getting into BTAC territory.

#6703 3 years ago

Just curious after drinking Bookers, Little Book, and the KC 25 tonight, what is your favorite distillery? I know it might not be popular with this group, but mine is easily Beam. Bookers is my favorite bourbon by far, and when I am in public a double Makers on the rocks (particularly the cask strength or higher) is my go to. Knob Creek has really upped their game, and the lower brands are all fine for what they are. I think for the bang for the buck, Beam is hard to beat as a distillery.

#6704 3 years ago

I seem to be in the minority but I've not liked any Knob Creek. Booker's is tasty.

#6705 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I seem to be in the minority but I've not liked any Knob Creek. Booker's is tasty.

As Chisox told me a long time ago, that is why we all have different tastes and that there is no judgment here. Personally, I am not a BT and all of its products fan, but that would put me in the minority. I like stronger, more fuller bodied flavors that what I detect in the Buffalo Trace products.. The good news is there are plenty of different bourbons out there for everybody.

Like what you like, my friend.

#6706 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

I'm not a fan of the flavor profile of the knob creek either and the bookers always seems just too hot but I will take it over the knob creek.

#6707 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'm not a fan of the flavor profile of the knob creek either and the bookers always seems just too hot but I will take it over the knob creek.

I feel similar.

For me, I tend to like any whetted mash Bill. I keep going back to four roses and OF as my safest flavor profiles that I know I will like.

Knob does little for me

#6708 3 years ago

Having a good day... I think I mentioned earlier but I got gifted a membership to Flaviar.com for my birthday. With the membership you get a bottle every quarter and a selection of samples. While not a great deal it will be interesting over the next year.

Now, the reason for my post... they also have online sales that allow one order with free shipping each month. Selection can vary, but today they had Eagle Rare for $35, Baby Saz for $27, and the ECBS for $70. I just picked up Multiple bottles of each as they all are hard to find in my area.

A good day... now the only problem is I need to wait about a week for them to arrive, but With free shipping I cannot complain. The shipping only comes with the membership so I guess in a sense you do pay for it though.

I have no affiliation with Flaviar.com... just passing on the story.

#6709 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wow!!.... Holy shit this B520 is amazing. For being 127 proof it is amazingly smooth. Really pick up on the carmel nuttiness on the finish. This is a fantastic bottle.

That's all fine and dandy, but what I really want to know is how was the mac and cheese?

#6710 3 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

That's all fine and dandy, but what I really want to know is how was the mac and cheese?

It was so good that i'm returning it to you right now

#6711 3 years ago
    Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

Having a good day... I think I mentioned earlier but I got gifted a membership to Flaviar.com for my birthday. With the membership you get a bottle every quarter and a selection of samples. While not a great deal it will be interesting over the next year.
    Now, the reason for my post... they also have online sales that allow one order with free shipping each month. Selection can vary, but today they had Eagle Rare for $35, Baby Saz for $27, and the ECBS for $70. I just picked up Multiple bottles of each as they all are hard to find in my area.
    A good day... now the only problem is I need to wait about a week for them to arrive, but With free shipping I cannot complain. The shipping only comes with the membership so I guess in a sense you do pay for it though.
    I have no affiliation with Flaviar.com... just passing on the story.

The prices for those bottles shipped straight to your door is a no brainer, you did well friend and were wise to buy multiples.

#6712 3 years ago

Without the membership I think you can still order from the site but you would have to pay shipping of about 15-20. It may be worth it for a larger order in case anyone was interested. I assume price may vary by state as well. I am in GA.

A public service announcement! Everyone should have good quality bourbon during these times!

#6713 3 years ago

The Eagle Rare...

F3400CA5-7046-4749-AC9B-A26012689141 (resized).pngF3400CA5-7046-4749-AC9B-A26012689141 (resized).png
    #6714 3 years ago
    Quoted from ATLPinGuy:

Without the membership I think you can still order from the site but you would have to pay shipping of about 15-20. It may be worth it for a larger order in case anyone was interested. I assume price may vary by state as well. I am in GA.
    A public service announcement! Everyone should have good quality bourbon during these times!

I'm sure this site may be beneficial to some such as yourself who's having some difficulty sourcing Bourbons down there but most of these prices are high compared to Missouri and Illinois. but like I said if you're having a hard time sourcing these different Bourbons then by all means you have to do what you have to do to get the stuff that you want.

#6715 3 years ago

Well this is a very interesting little bottle that just happened to fall into my hot little hands. Apparently this is a Distillery sample not exactly sure anything about it other than it just magically fell into my possession. Now should I open it and drink it or trade it off? Barrel strength 127.5 proofed wheat bourbon has me very intrigued. It has me thinking about full proof Weller.

20200709_121110 (resized).jpg20200709_121110 (resized).jpg
    #6716 3 years ago

Look who wins today

E06016B9-EB96-4857-ACC3-CF008D85131B (resized).jpegE06016B9-EB96-4857-ACC3-CF008D85131B (resized).jpeg
    #6717 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Look who wins today
    [quoted image]

Can't beat that with a stick.
    So after we head out to Matt's for the big crab fest 2020 party does that mean our next road trip is up north to your big Lakefront Luau 2020 shindig?

#6718 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well this is a very interesting little bottle that just happened to fall into my hot little hands. Apparently this is a Distillery sample not exactly sure anything about it other than it just magically fell into my possession. Now should I open it and drink it or trade it off? Barrel strength 127.5 proofed wheat bourbon has me very intrigued. It has me thinking about full proof Weller.
    [quoted image]

Interesting pick up. I looked at their website (they make Blood Oath, Rebel Yell, etc) and it appears that their whetted offering is David Nicholson, which is normally bottled around 100 proof. Do you think that is what this is perhaps?

#6719 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Look who wins today
    [quoted image]

That's a great view, Hilton! Enjoy your time off.

#6720 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Can't beat that with a stick.
    So after we head out to Matt's for the big crab fest 2020 party does that mean our next road trip is up north to your big Lakefront Luau 2020 shindig?

It will be likely fall 2021 once the new place is done and all 90 pins are set up, but 1000% yes you guys better come!

#6721 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It will be likely fall 2021 once the new place is done and all 90 pins are set up, but 1000% yes you guys better come!

Well I will be the first one to say it if you set that shit up my happy ass will be there guaranteed.

#6722 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Well I will be the first one to say it if you set that shit up my happy ass will be there guaranteed.

When are we coming your way and have food from that kick-ass smoker you got?

#6723 3 years ago

Well well, look what the cat dragged in (total wine now does home deliveries, thanks to covid). Thanks to all the positive thoughts on this I decided to pull the trigger. It was $115 plus the outrageous 20% liquor tax but based on first impressions I'm very happy I bought it. It's definitely a tasty rye, minty vanilla oak explosion but smooth. Thanks for the recommendation!

20200709_113556.jpg20200709_113556.jpg
    #6724 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Well well, look what the cat dragged in (total wine now does home deliveries, thanks to covid). Thanks to all the positive thoughts on this I decided to pull the trigger. It was $115 plus the outrageous 20% liquor tax but based on first impressions I'm very happy I bought it. It's definitely a tasty rye, minty vanilla oak explosion but smooth. Thanks for the recommendation! [quoted image]

Really glad you like the Rye. I am a big fan of it. Enjoy!

20% liquor tax? Ouch!

#6725 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

20% liquor tax? Ouch!

We don't have state tax in WA, so they use that as an excuse to ding you royally on booze - bad news for bourbon fans

#6726 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

Well well, look what the cat dragged in (total wine now does home deliveries, thanks to covid). Thanks to all the positive thoughts on this I decided to pull the trigger. It was $115 plus the outrageous 20% liquor tax but based on first impressions I'm very happy I bought it. It's definitely a tasty rye, minty vanilla oak explosion but smooth. Thanks for the recommendation! [quoted image]

The Peerless really is fantastic stuff, I haven't tried the rye but the boutbon is delicious. I still owe you a sample of something if you ever want to try the regular Peerless just send me a PM and let me know and I'll get it out to you.

#6727 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I just noticed that's also a store pick Single Barrel so I'm sure it's extra good. Nice pickup!

#6728 3 years ago

Whats the time its Early Times of course Come on Aaron pour yourself a glass you know you want to.

20200709_143024 (resized).jpg20200709_143024 (resized).jpg

#6729 3 years ago

There are times I drink this and love it and other times it tastes like piss. Seems like when I drink it 1st is when I lo e it but when I drink it after another glass of something is when its not so hot.

20200709_171555 (resized).jpg20200709_171555 (resized).jpg
    #6730 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Whats the time its Early Times of course Come on Aaron pour yourself a glass you know you want to.
    [quoted image]

I won’t leave you hanging, Bill

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#6731 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Scott, since you are Rush Chairman, I think you need to bestow all of us with our Delta Tau Chi names.

Fats if not already taken.

#6732 3 years ago

I’m looking for a big blow up Swan for the next Zoom meeting. Any tips Matt?

Been on the waiting list for a new liner since March. Started re-filling this afternoon. Cheers!

9C08DF4A-2531-476E-ABB1-97F70A7EF50D (resized).jpeg9C08DF4A-2531-476E-ABB1-97F70A7EF50D (resized).jpeg
    #6733 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Been on the waiting list for a new liner since March. Started re-filling this afternoon. Cheers![quoted image]

That’s a great feeling! I had to wait until mid-June last year and I was bitching. I have no idea how you’ve made it through this hot as hell summer with no pool. Cheers!

#6734 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Been on the waiting list for a new liner since March. Started re-filling this afternoon. Cheers![quoted image]

Looking good, Don!

Amazon is your friend for big blow up things for your pool.

#6735 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Looking good, Don!
    Amazon is your friend for big blow up things for your pool.

Amazon can suck my ass! I had to threaten to sue them rotten shitbags to get them to fix the damage to my yard that their driver did while turning around in my front yard literally. We pulled the video from our home cameras and sent it to those asshats and they basically told me to go piss off. Shit went on for 2 months until I had my brother in law who is an attorney send them some official paperwork. Amazingly they got right back to me and sent a check for me to have a landscaping company come in and fix the shit. I hate those jackasses and won't give them a dime. Most everything they sell is cheaper on ebay so that's where I go. Shooo... now that my amazon rant is over I can focus on a new shop that just opened so hopefully they have some good stuff.

#6736 3 years ago

I noticed that myself ... I have friends that stop in with different types of bourbon to try as they know I am a Jim Beam man. I started drinking that as a teenager, now in my 50's they try to convince me that all these new craft bourbons are better. I agree that some are very good, however I'll stick with the original Jim Beam.

#6737 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Amazon can suck my ass! I had to threaten to sue them rotten shitbags to get them to fix the damage to my yard that their driver did while turning around in my front yard literally. We pulled the video from our home cameras and sent it to those asshats and they basically told me to go piss off. Shit went on for 2 months until I had my brother in law who is an attorney send them some official paperwork. Amazingly they got right back to me and sent a check for me to have a landscaping company come in and fix the shit. I hate those jackasses and won't give them a dime. Most everything they sell is cheaper on ebay so that's where I go. Shooo... now that my amazon rant is over I can focus on a new shop that just opened so hopefully they have some good stuff.

1mu7jy (resized).jpg1mu7jy (resized).jpg
    #6738 3 years ago
    0F6D4581-7DEB-4BD4-83BC-6811CC24E996 (resized).jpeg0F6D4581-7DEB-4BD4-83BC-6811CC24E996 (resized).jpeg
    #6739 3 years ago

That doesn't look like Matt riding that unicorn

#6740 3 years ago

Found this sitting next to me

9B2BE0EE-E158-48E0-8855-44F9B62F6059 (resized).jpeg9B2BE0EE-E158-48E0-8855-44F9B62F6059 (resized).jpeg

#6741 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

That doesn't look like Matt riding that unicorn

I am much better looking

#6742 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]

Never seen that one. Looks like we will be getting a review on it though today.

#6743 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I am much better looking

Yup that's exactly where I was going with that statement

#6744 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Never seen that one. Looks like we will be getting a review on it though today.

Hope this Rye is a winner. I will report back this evening. $59.99 hope it’s fine

#6745 3 years ago

Major score! 4 bottles of EC barrel proof. Batch C919. 136.8 proof! 2 bottles are spoken for but if anybody wants a bottle just hit me up

E6AA816E-0C0F-4D71-8AE5-DF2B70194F5B (resized).jpegE6AA816E-0C0F-4D71-8AE5-DF2B70194F5B (resized).jpeg29428169-C311-40A2-A58D-BCDA4B195FA3 (resized).jpeg29428169-C311-40A2-A58D-BCDA4B195FA3 (resized).jpeg

#6746 3 years ago

So what’s the difference between EC batches (A, B, C)? I’ve seen A and B, but can’t say I get the difference since they all seem to be barrel proof

#6747 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Major score! 4 bottles of EC barrel proof. Batch C919. 136.8 proof! 2 bottles are spoken for but if anybody wants a bottle just hit me up
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That be GOLD in yer vessel Ya scurvy dog!

#6748 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

[quoted image]

Still haven't seen it in Minnesota!

#6749 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Still haven't seen it in Minnesota!

Me neither!

Here’s more proof to have as many local bourbon friends as possible. This is a crazy one off 14 yr old 140 proof MGP light whiskey that is crazy tasting and unlike anything else on my shelf that a buddy gave me. Also just got a text that another one just grabbed me a bottle of the first Smoke Wagon Uncut store pick in the Chicagoland area. Get as many bourbon friends as you can (this thread is proof) and you’ll get 10x the bottles you can by hunting shop to shop.

0FAEEA7E-FE8C-4FE7-8653-06152E8437EC (resized).jpeg0FAEEA7E-FE8C-4FE7-8653-06152E8437EC (resized).jpeg
    #6750 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

So what’s the difference between EC batches (A, B, C)? I’ve seen A and B, but can’t say I get the difference since they all seem to be barrel proof

From the EC website. I had no idea. You can go look up the releases on their site.

The first letter of the batch number indicates which of that year's releases the bottle was a part of, starting with "A," while the second digit is a number that determines the month of the year the bottle was released. The third and fourth digits indicate the year. Hover over the years below to see the full list of releases and their respective proofs.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/135?hl=atlpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.