Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 235.
    #6401 3 years ago

Oh yeah it's tastes so good when it hits your lips.

20200625_155839 (resized).jpg20200625_155839 (resized).jpg
    #6402 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Oh yeah it's tastes so good when it hits your lips.

If you got that ice out of there, you'd have more room for bourbon. Just sayin'.

#6403 3 years ago

Gents,

Sadly just after my tasting last night, I got word that my dad took a critical turn for the worse. After straightening myself up from the tasting, had to drive 3 hours plus each way to visit and to say goodbyes. At some point over the next few days, we are going to reach a natural conclusion after care is stopped. There are a lot of moving pieces right now, and sadly COVID adds factors of complexity.

This is a long way around the horn to say I may or may not be able to join the Zoom tomorrow night. Please go ahead with everything and if nothing else, I will do a tasting like I did last night sometime soon. I will be glad to send you guys my Zoom info so that you can run with things. I am in a very good place with everything, so all is well. Did not mean to be a bummer, but did want to give a quick explanation. Big thanks to bowz for the samples. If I can't make it tomorrow night, I definitely look forward to the next one.

All the best,

--Matt

#6404 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Gents,
    Sadly just after my tasting last night, I got word that my dad took a critical turn for the worse. After straightening myself up from the tasting, had to drive 3 hours plus each way to visit and to say goodbyes. At some point over the next few days, we are going to reach a natural conclusion after care is stopped. There are a lot of moving pieces right now, and sadly COVID adds factors of complexity.
    This is a long way around the horn to say I may or may not be able to join the Zoom tomorrow night. Please go ahead with everything and if nothing else, I will do a tasting like I did last night sometime soon. I will be glad to send you guys my Zoom info so that you can run with things. I am in a very good place with everything, so all is well. Did not mean to be a bummer, but did want to give a quick explanation. Big thanks to bowz for the samples. If I can't make it tomorrow night, I definitely look forward to the next one.
    All the best,
    --Matt

Sorry to hear this

#6405 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Gents,
    All the best,
    --Matt

Damn Matt that really sucks and i'm truly sorry to hear this. I lost my dad 4 years ago and I can totally sympathize with your situation. You have my phone number buddy if you need someone to talk too. Hang in there.

#6406 3 years ago

So sorry brother.

#6407 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Gents,
    All the best,
    --Matt

Damn. Sorry to hear that Matt

#6408 3 years ago

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys. As I said, I am in a good place. I know I have probably said this several times (drunkingly) between rants about bowz tiny hands and who knows what else but this thread is without a doubt the best, most supportive and fun thread on Pinside. The guys I have gotten to know over the past few months in our Zooms are some of the most outstanding and high quality gentlemen I have ever had the pleasure to meet, and I feel honored to consider you all friends. And to those that have never joined in on one of the Zooms, you always have an invitation. It is always a lot of good natured fun with some great folks. And one asshole called DBLM.

With that, enough of this maudlin bullshit. It’s Thirsty Thursday, so show us what you got!

#6409 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Gents,
    All the best,
    --Matt

439A199B-A8D8-43BF-8754-A0BDAEC85DF0.gif439A199B-A8D8-43BF-8754-A0BDAEC85DF0.gif
    #6410 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I know I have probably said this several times (drunkingly) between rants about bowz tiny hands

Ummmm...it’s actually more like bowz’s regularly sized hands, and Matt’s “Andre the Giant” sized hands, but who’s keeping track...
    Prayers buddy.

#6411 3 years ago

Sorry to hear the bad news Matt. Good mojo sent.

#6412 3 years ago

Sorry to hear this bad news, Matt. Damn, that really sucks.

I can certainly wait for you to be available for the tasting. It's just not the same w/o you (with all due respect to the rest of you).

#6413 3 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Sorry to hear this bad news, Matt. Damn, that really sucks.
    I can certainly wait for you to be available for the tasting. It's just not the same w/o you (with all due respect to the rest of you).

We all know you already drank all your samples and are just drawing this out as long as possible .

All said, I think under the circumstances we wait till all can do this. Sounds like Matt could need a night of hanging w the guys and blowing off a bit of steam.

We are in no real hurry on these. Would rather do it with all.

#6414 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

We all know you already drank all your samples and are just drawing this out as long as possible .
    All said, I think under the circumstances we wait till all can do this. Sounds like Matt could need a night of hanging w the guys and blowing off a bit of steam.

Agreed. We’ll wait to hear from Matt to see if we’re on for tomorrow night. If not, another day.

#6415 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Agree!

#6416 3 years ago

When are we doing Hilton’s blind? Did I Rip Van Winkle through that mofo?

Edit: Nevermind, I remember now. Duh.

#6417 3 years ago

Finally found it! Hope the recommendation pays off. Comes in at 56.85%

15931381455274847695267559350363 (resized).jpg15931381455274847695267559350363 (resized).jpg
    #6418 3 years ago
    Quoted from mjsbowl:

Finally found it! Hope the recommendation pays off. Comes in at 56.85%
    [quoted image]

Nice score where did you find it and what price point?

#6419 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Nice score where did you find it and what price point?

Had my name on a waiting list at Binny's (due to an inventory error on their website). Price was $69.99.

#6420 3 years ago

Had to say goodbye to Jr. last night

6A6111D7-323A-4AD5-ADD5-FD79B583CF36 (resized).jpeg6A6111D7-323A-4AD5-ADD5-FD79B583CF36 (resized).jpeg
    #6421 3 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

[quoted image]

A sad day for sure. Guess you better go buy yourself something nice and new to replace it with.

#6422 3 years ago

Sadly gents, it looks like I am a no-go for tonight. Although I am fine and would love nothing more than to have a few drinks, I need to be semi-coherent to help the other family members at this point. We are at the very end stages of this now and have crossed the Rubicon so to speak. Again, I appreciate all of the well wishes and even if you decide not to do the tasting tonight, encourage you to do a regular zoom if you like. Hell, I could probably even pop in for a quick cameo if you do. I just cant get loose tonight.

#6423 3 years ago

Time for a drink

20200626_143734 (resized).jpg20200626_143734 (resized).jpg
    #6424 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Sadly gents, it looks like I am a no-go for tonight. Although I am fine and would love nothing more than to have a few drinks, I need to be semi-coherent to help the other family members at this point. We are at the very end stages of this now and have crossed the Rubicon so to speak. Again, I appreciate all of the well wishes and even if you decide not to do the tasting tonight, encourage you to do a regular zoom if you like. Hell, I could probably even pop in for a quick cameo if you do. I just cant get loose tonight.

Just catching up on the posts. So sorry to hear and know we're all here keeping your dad, you, and your family in our positive vibes.

#6425 3 years ago

@pindelapin, tasting another Tennessee whiskey for ya. (:

IMG_8714 (resized).jpegIMG_8714 (resized).jpeg

#6426 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

pindelapin, tasting another Tennessee whiskey for ya. (:
    [quoted image]

Oh you know i'm a sucker for a good Tennessee whiskey Is this a new one and how is it?

#6427 3 years ago

IMG_20200626_120753723 (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_120753723 (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_112219508_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_112219508_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_113615777_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_113615777_HDR (resized).jpg
    Toured Templeton today. They just barrelled their first bourbon offering distilled on site. Available in about 4 years.

#6428 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Oh you know i'm a sucker for a good Tennessee whiskey Is this a new one and how is it?

It's a great corn mash whiskey! Put in a small ice cube and it's real smooooth!

#6429 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
    Toured Templeton today. They just barrelled their first bourbon offering distilled on site. Available in about 4 years.

If that's your son in the pic, he "might" be old enough to sample it when matured! (:

#6430 3 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

[quoted image]

Whew... I fist saw that pic and thought Bill had done knocked it out.

#6431 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Whew... I fist saw that pic and thought Bill had done knocked it out.

I'd be in a heap of trouble if I killed that whole bottle in 1 sitting

#6432 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I'd be in a heap of trouble if I killed that whole bottle in 1 sitting

Yeah that’s the problem with Stagg Jr., you cross that line and it’s like that thing they used in Men In Black....pooof! What the hell happened last night? Where am I? Who is this girl in my bed?

#6433 3 years ago

Hello there sexy. I have no words to describe how excited I am about this bottle.

912F4F1C-7A82-4938-AE78-7F57EEFB6273 (resized).jpeg912F4F1C-7A82-4938-AE78-7F57EEFB6273 (resized).jpeg
    #6434 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Hello there sexy. I have no words to describe how excited I am about this bottle.
    [quoted image]

Wow, I've been looking but have yet to see it yet in Minnesota. You cracking that bad boy tonight?

#6435 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

Wow, I've been looking but have yet to see it yet in Minnesota. You cracking that bad boy tonight?

Nah I usually wait to share these bottles with others. Come on down BG! I’ll probably wait for the bourbon club meeting in August to crack it. Unless beergut666 comes down tonight of course.

Edit to add that I may have a lead on one down here, if it pops up I’ll grab it for you.

#6436 3 years ago

Finally sitting down for some whiskey goodness.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #6437 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Nah I usually wait to share these bottles with others. Come on down BG! I’ll probably wait for the bourbon club meeting in August to crack it. Unless beergut666 comes down tonight of course.
    Edit to add that I may have a lead on one down here, if it pops up I’ll grab it for you.

If you do come across another I'd be thrilled to take it off your hands, that is a very kind gesture! In honor of your fantastic score I'm going to rip into this bottle of Rare Breed. Still waiting for the rye to land, but this will do just fine in the meantime.

IMG-0330 (resized).jpgIMG-0330 (resized).jpg
    #6438 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah that’s the problem with Stagg Jr., you cross that line and it’s like that thing they used in Men In Black....pooof! What the hell happened last night? Where am I? Who is this girl in my bed?

Last Zoom... hit the Pappy and then opened that GTS. Poof!
    Wife: “What the heck are you doing?”
    (Wandering in the yard at 2 am)

#6439 3 years ago
    Quoted from Fulltilt:

Last Zoom... hit the Pappy and then opened that GTS. Poof!
    Wife: “What the heck are you doing?”
    (Wandering in the yard at 2 am)

You knew what you were doing. Taking care of that thing....you know, that thing in the backyard. Been there.

#6440 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

You knew what you were doing. Taking care of that thing....you know, that thing in the backyard. Been there.

Here doggy... psst psst. Go pee!

#6441 3 years ago

Night time smoke and drink

B11EEA45-72DD-417F-9DFB-10701D76248A (resized).jpegB11EEA45-72DD-417F-9DFB-10701D76248A (resized).jpeg
    #6442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Finally sitting down for some whiskey goodness.
    [quoted image]

Hey man how much different is the flavor profile of that import full proof Blantons compared to the regular off the shelf stuff?

#6443 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Hey man how much different is the flavor profile of that import full proof Blantons compared to the regular off the shelf stuff?

i am curious also

#6444 3 years ago

Hope to step in a Binny's for the first time ever today... the biggest Binny's anywhere

Fingers crossed for something cool I get to score. Hoping for some weller product... or better

#6445 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Hope to step in a Binny's for the first time ever today... the biggest Binny's anywhere
    Fingers crossed for something cool I get to score. Hoping for some weller product... or better

Keep me in mind for that Old Fitz. Good luck on the hunt hopefully you score something cool you've been looking for. I got to admit if I stumble in some place and I find a bottle that's on the top of my list it makes me feel pretty damn good

#6446 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Did your grab that Birthday Bourbon that I pointed you to?

#6447 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Did your grab that Birthday Bourbon that I pointed you to?

I called and they said NLA

#6448 3 years ago

Pot distilled or port cask finished?

AEC5408C-3AB2-4172-AE19-A088B414851C (resized).jpegAEC5408C-3AB2-4172-AE19-A088B414851C (resized).jpeg
    #6449 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Pot distilled or port cask finished?
    [quoted image]

Port

#6450 3 years ago

Actually get them both they are both freaking awesome I think

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/129?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.