Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 235.
    #6301 3 years ago
    96C878E6-8AC5-489F-966F-9956B1FC0156.gif96C878E6-8AC5-489F-966F-9956B1FC0156.gif
    #6302 3 years ago

At least my clutch buddy shoots me straight.

#6303 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

At least my clutch buddy shoots me straight.

I'm being serious just wait till SirScott chimes in on this.

#6304 3 years ago

So I decided to be fair and give this one another chance and I can assure you it will never get another chance. It's amazing how the other two can be so good and this one can be such a big turd.

20200623_151514 (resized).jpg20200623_151514 (resized).jpg
    #6305 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

So I decided to be fair and give this one another chance and I can assure you it will never get another chance. It's amazing how the other two can be so good and this one can be such a big turd.
    [quoted image]

Yep... Thought the same thing myself. That one will have to be a mixer.

#6306 3 years ago

I had to pour it out it really is some nasty ass shit. I moved on to one of my trusty go-to's. The Colonel never lets you down and i'k not talking bout Colonel Sanders either.

20200623_152324 (resized).jpg20200623_152324 (resized).jpg
    #6307 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

I had to pour it out it really is some nasty ass shit. I moved on to one of my trusty go-to's. The Colonel never lets you down and i'k not talking bout Colonel Sanders either.
    [quoted image]

Ever see EH single barrel or barrel proof?

#6308 3 years ago

Never seen the single barrel

15929443625254941963210649307148 (resized).jpg15929443625254941963210649307148 (resized).jpg
    #6309 3 years ago

The only 2 I have is small batch and single barrel. I"ve never seen the barrel proof or the 4 grain or the amaranth. I'm always open for trades if snyone has a bottle of barrel proof.

#6310 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

[quoted image]

Now we know one of the picks for the samples

#6311 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

The only 2 I have is small batch and single barrel. I"ve never seen the barrel proof or the 4 grain or the amaranth. I'm always open for trades if snyone has a bottle of barrel proof.

Meanwhile,somewhere in Georgia,if it doesn’t get looted...

Per bottle...

988CF51F-6931-40D6-A9D1-4D8D75303E3A (resized).png988CF51F-6931-40D6-A9D1-4D8D75303E3A (resized).png
    #6312 3 years ago
    Quoted from Forum-ninja:

Meanwhile,somewhere in Georgia,if it doesn’t get looted...
    Per bottle...
    [quoted image]

Holy crap! DBLM those bottles are right up your alley you need to go pick them both up.

#6313 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Holy crap! DBLM those bottles are right up your alley you need to go pick them both up.

Eh, not really a Taylor guy. I am sure some tater will jump all up and down on those.

I will keep my eyes peeled for the Single Barrel for you. Do you have any interest in Aramath? I have seen that around recently.

#6314 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Eh, not really a Taylor guy. I am sure some tater will jump all up and down on those.
    I will keep my eyes peeled for the Single Barrel for you. Do you have any interest in Aramath? I have seen that around recently.

Amaranth definitely but depends on the price I don'tneed any singlebarrel i think i have 3 bottles of it and 3 of the small batch. Bottles seem to be more pricey in your neck of the woods but let me know. Thx Matt

#6315 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Ditto,how much?

#6316 3 years ago

The Weller name alone causes bottles to fly off of shelves these days, so when the Buffalo Trace brand announces a new release, it should not be dismissed. The latest expression to join "The Original Wheated Bourbon" family is a single barrel release, the first in the Weller family outside of private barrel picks. The new Weller weighs in at 97 proof and is packaged in the standard Weller uniform with an orange label, cork topper, and gold foil to help set it apart from its siblings.

weller (resized).jpgweller (resized).jpg
    #6317 3 years ago

Dunno. Will go to the store tomorrow

#6318 3 years ago

Anyone seeing Stagg jr popping up? I have never seen it here.

#6319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Green-Machine:

I can get it all day, can’t guarantee it’s the cheapest price, but access isn’t a problem.

#6320 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I can get it all day, can’t guarantee it’s the cheapest price, but access isn’t a problem.

What price are you seeing?

#6321 3 years ago

Batch 14 is still delayed last I heard. I’ve found 5 of the last 6 in the wild but it’s getting tougher every batch. Need to have a Stagg Jr. night soon.

#6322 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Batch 14 is still delayed last I heard. I’ve found 5 of the last 6 in the wild but it’s getting tougher every batch. Need to have a Stagg Jr. night soon.

I’m game with #11.

#6323 3 years ago

I’ll check on a few places tomorrow.

#6324 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

I’ll check on a few places tomorrow.

Thanks! I’ll need a bottle to join Stagg jr night

#6325 3 years ago

Thanks! I’ll need a bottle to join Stagg jr night

It's been a while since I have seen any Stagg jr and I have been looking for the new batch.

#6326 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

It's been a while since I have seen any Stagg jr and I have been looking for the new batch.

I heard it was going to be released in spring but nothing yet

#6327 3 years ago

I heard it was going to be released in spring but nothing yet

Weller single barrel was supposed to be released in june but I haven't seen a bottle anywhere yet.

#6328 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Weller single barrel was supposed to be released in june but I haven't seen a bottle anywhere yet.

The marketing game. We may never see it in some places. We seem to get a lot of Weller near me but it’s mostly Antique and the Green label

#6329 3 years ago

One place has it for $90. Another for $99.

#6330 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

One place has it for $90. Another for $99.

Ouch!! Usually runs for $60-65 around here.

#6331 3 years ago

Prices are definitely higher, but inventory isn’t an issue.

#6332 3 years ago
    Quoted from djreddog:

Prices are definitely higher, but inventory isn’t an issue.

90-100 is hard to sell. I’m in a regulated state so stuff is inexpensive but it goes quick because of the low price. I’m a po’folk

#6333 3 years ago

Did everyone receive their flights from me? If so,
    I can zoom tomorrow or Friday night. If not, we’ll have to shoot for next weekend.

#6334 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I can zoom tomorrow or Friday night. If not, we’ll have to shoot for next weekend.

Mine just showed up today man. Could do fri for a while just not an all nighter

#6335 3 years ago

No dice on the Taylor Aramanth. Sorry guys.

Did pick up these two bottles. Have heard great things about the Pinhook. Anybody have it before?

IMG_1890 (resized).jpgIMG_1890 (resized).jpg
    #6336 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Mine just showed up today man. Could do fri for a while just not an all nighter

I can do Thursday or Friday. Can’t go late on either but would be down. Excited to try these

#6337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I can do Thursday or Friday. Can’t go late on either but would be down. Excited to try these

So fri is the only night I could do it and would have to be like 730 cause im working sat morning at 4am. If that doesn't work I don't wanna hold you guys up.

#6338 3 years ago

Either work for me. I am down with doing the earlier time.

#6339 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Did pick up these two bottles. Have heard great things about the Pinhook. Anybody have it before?[quoted image]

I’ve had the Pinhook before and it’s strong, but I did like it. Never tried the Legent stuff.

As for Friday, looks good so far-I don’t mind not staying up late either.

#6340 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

I’ve had the Pinhook before and it’s strong, but I did like it. Never tried the Legent stuff.
    As for Friday, looks good so far-I don’t mind not staying up late either.

Friday sounds good to me!

Regarding the Pinhook, was it the regular or the cask strength? I hear that they have different profiles. Look forward to sampling this here soon.

#6341 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Did pick up these two bottles. Have heard great things about the Pinhook. Anybody have it before?[quoted image]

The Pinhook stuff is everywhere around here all of a sudden, I've yet to pull the trigger. I'm a little more intrigued with the Bohemian as it's their own distillate, the regular cask strength is sourced from MGP I believe. I was hoping to see Rare Breed Rye show up on the shelves this week, if not maybe I'll give a bottle of Pinhook a shot. $50+ for a bottle so young is the only thing that's kept me away so far.

#6342 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Regarding the Pinhook, was it the regular or the cask strength? I hear that they have different profiles. Look forward to sampling this here soon.

Crap I don’t remember. Just remember it had the pink label, and I’ve seen different color ones, so I’m guessing it was the same bottle you have.

#6343 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Those were good. #1 and #2 are already gone. Little bit left of #3 and #4. Can't wait for the reveal.

#6344 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Scotts favorite honey hole is trader joes for some of their highly sought after whiskey

I had to go to Chicago to get that, so nothing around here. The TJ's in Ann Arbor just started carrying liquor, and I think they were the first (and only?) store to carry liquor in Michigan. But they still don't carry their own label around here.

#6345 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

Crap I don’t remember. Just remember it had the pink label, and I’ve seen different color ones, so I’m guessing it was the same bottle you have.

I'm not sure why they use the same color for two different bottles, but they did. Here is what the Bohemian looks like.

hook (resized).jpeghook (resized).jpeg
    #6346 3 years ago
    Quoted from bowz:

It is probably the same then. Their nomenclature is weird because they will call a release something (in this case, Bourbon Country after the horse) but then have different strengths of that release. It looks like you have to track it by the color of the label and wax.

#6347 3 years ago
    Quoted from beergut666:

The Pinhook stuff is everywhere around here all of a sudden, I've yet to pull the trigger. I'm a little more intrigued with the Bohemian as it's their own distillate, the regular cask strength is sourced from MGP I believe. I was hoping to see Rare Breed Rye show up on the shelves this week, if not maybe I'll give a bottle of Pinhook a shot. $50+ for a bottle so young is the only thing that's kept me away so far.

Agree all the way around. Reviews say that even though it is young that it is really good. I will crack this open tonight and post a review.

That is crazy though about the colors of the label and wax. Just when I thought I had it straight you post a picture of the same wax and label color. They need to work on their nomenclature some.

#6348 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

sirscott since I am local to you, any good places to find things like old Fitzgerald or peerless by us?

I think the best place around is Tippin's Market in Ann Arbor. They usually have several single-barrel picks. They did something like 50+ store picks last year (albeit not all bourbons). You likely won't find OF there (unless you get lucky), but they have a fine selection.

#6349 3 years ago
    Quoted from SirScott:

Those were good. #1 and #2 are already gone. Little bit left of #3 and #4. Can't wait for the reveal.

Jesus you already drank them?? It was supposed to a group taste testing!

#6350 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:Agree all the way around. Reviews say that even though it is young that it is really good. I will crack this open tonight and post a review.
    That is crazy though about the colors of the label and wax. Just when I thought I had it straight you post a picture of the same wax and label color. They need to work on their nomenclature some.

Woh there big fella you are supposed to crack open the Peerless tonight!

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/127?hl=djreddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.