Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11,703 posts
  • 259 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Jodester
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C4E21DF7-8AFC-4911-B405-44CB5AFC7064 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0325 (resized).jpeg
    sommelier (resized).jpg
    AAAB1EF4-5803-4563-8F11-009F2C826010.gif
    FB4A1E07-2E2A-47B5-8485-E6C1C9D7AF30 (resized).jpeg
    EFAADA77-326E-486E-A3B8-4F0D030A5C2E (resized).jpeg
    C5FDF64D-8F52-44BB-ACF1-DA1A0C6C5372 (resized).jpeg
    88CC51C8-0381-4405-9941-A364971BE262 (resized).jpeg
    D1173EF7-53E2-4D4E-9E6E-7993D6D314F5 (resized).jpeg
    clark.gif
    27DCFF04-13D1-4D4A-BDBB-758E2F287886 (resized).jpeg
    08092C66-CAD4-4B5F-9F80-AF01F65A5B6D (resized).jpeg
    3AB46A03-5183-40E8-BFC3-26D5D8B14E9C (resized).jpeg
    frank.gif
    123198A7-6B1E-412F-8572-9F72AD9B8D75.gif
    327B48FC-A3DE-429F-A2A8-9107F0FE72E3 (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 235.
    #5851 3 years ago

I’ll have to join the rye party too. Now to decide which one. I only have 4 and can’t find backup bottles to any of them around here. So when they are gone they are gone till I find more.

9A78F0CE-1EE6-4DC4-9185-06C2F0FB4C1E (resized).jpeg9A78F0CE-1EE6-4DC4-9185-06C2F0FB4C1E (resized).jpeg
    #5852 3 years ago

The Willet is damn good...just sayin’

#5853 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Wtf hell yeah lets zoom.. where the hell is chisox and bowz?

Sorry guys-had company over yesterday, so I’m just getting to this. Polished off another bottle of peerless...stuff goes quick!

#5854 3 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Sorry boys, been busy as shit. Did a game swap with a buddy tonight. I needed an early SS game to round out the collection. It’s a project, gonna do my first playfield swap.
    [quoted image]

I LOVE the classics. Good luck with the playfield swap.
    My first and only swap was with an AFM. Went great. I won't do another one.

#5855 3 years ago

Oh, no... Tell me it's not true.

Screenshot_20200601-072937 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200601-072937 (resized).png
    #5856 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

[quoted image]

Oh shit Chisox a@bowz are totally screwed. Oh wait nevermind it was protesters they only took the Mad Dog 2020 the large bottles of Night Train and Ripple they didn't want nothing to do with the bourbon so you guys should be good still.

#5857 3 years ago

Here are a couple of accounts that I sell to.

IMG-0282 (resized).JPGIMG-0282 (resized).JPGIMG-0283 (resized).JPGIMG-0283 (resized).JPG
    #5858 3 years ago

List of Binnys stores ,for those wondering.

01FA8BF6-6357-48C3-AABA-DAEC8D4E466C (resized).jpeg01FA8BF6-6357-48C3-AABA-DAEC8D4E466C (resized).jpeg
    #5859 3 years ago

Sickening examples of America's social decline.. as if it's wasn't going down fast enough.

#5860 3 years ago

Who is thirsty for a nice glass of Chicken Cock?

20200602_095331 (resized).jpg20200602_095331 (resized).jpg
    #5861 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Who is thirsty for a nice glass of Chicken Cock?
    [quoted image]

Seems pricey for chicken cock

#5862 3 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Seems pricey for chicken cock

So it's a very nice chicken

#5863 3 years ago

I couldn't find anything on this, it must be a pretty recent release, but decided to take one for the team here. Does anyone know if it's any good, the reviews on previous batches are a bit mixed. I'll post my tasting notes as soon as I get to crack this open

20200602_142725.jpg20200602_142725.jpg
    #5864 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I couldn't find anything on this, it must be a pretty recent release, but decided to take one for the team here. Does anyone know if it's any good, the reviews on previous batches are a bit mixed. I'll post my tasting notes as soon as I get to crack this open[quoted image]

Never had it I saw it last year but didn't pull the trigger on it. I also read the same reviews like you and passed but always regretted not buying it

#5865 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I couldn't find anything on this, it must be a pretty recent release, but decided to take one for the team here. Does anyone know if it's any good, the reviews on previous batches are a bit mixed. I'll post my tasting notes as soon as I get to crack this open[quoted image]

I had batch 1 and it was good but I think it was well over $100 if I remember correctly and it disappointed. The expectations at that price point and being Jim Rutledge’s baby were quite high and it fell. short for me. I’ve heard batch 2 is definitely an improvement though. Hope you enjoy it.

#5866 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

[quoted image]

Yeah Warehouse Liquors is a favorite right by work and is a family run store. They were absolutely destroyed. The owner is a really nice guy too. They tried to defend it but were just overpowered by the masses. Sucks.

18BFFDD7-81DB-4841-B3AF-4BD6EA86076E (resized).jpeg18BFFDD7-81DB-4841-B3AF-4BD6EA86076E (resized).jpegB5BC2CF6-518B-44F9-BC5E-163F4168D78B (resized).jpegB5BC2CF6-518B-44F9-BC5E-163F4168D78B (resized).jpeg
    #5867 3 years ago

Have a chance to grab this wilderness trail. Worth the $90-$100 it’ll be? https://kybourbontrail.com/wilderness-trail-distillery-to-release-first-6-year-old/

#5868 3 years ago

Ok, finally got to crack the cream of Kentucky batch 4 open so here are my first thoughts

Nose: green apple, grass, perhaps a hint of mint and finally ever so slight undertones of caramel. Very unique, unlike any bourbon I've had but like it a lot
    Palate: first hit is spice, cinnamon, apple again and a bit of vanilla and caramel. Definitely not sweet as many bourbons I like are, not as deep either. Almost easy drinking and light, I like my bourbon with a little ice which seems to amplify this as it opens up
    Burn/ finish; at first it swirled around but got weaker as the ice melted a bit, continues what the palate was indicating
    Verdict; very unique nose, which I liked a lot. The palate and burn did not meet the expectations, but it is a nice easy drinking bourbon for those evenings where you want something lighter and easier. If it was half the price I'd recommend this but with the price tag it carries I'd stay away unless you don't mind burning some cash. Still, the nose was so unique (to me) that if you have a chance give it a try. I agree with @chisox's assessment of an earlier batch, there are better bourbons for the money

20200602_203530.jpg20200602_203530.jpg
    #5869 3 years ago

The big guy was crying to be opened

2D819B8B-D7E3-44C5-A6FB-91BC14DAE709 (resized).jpeg2D819B8B-D7E3-44C5-A6FB-91BC14DAE709 (resized).jpeg

#5870 3 years ago

So went to do a beer run this morning and was told I needed this. How is this stuff?

F267887E-B0AD-497E-AB71-C5FD65ED5750 (resized).jpegF267887E-B0AD-497E-AB71-C5FD65ED5750 (resized).jpeg
    #5871 3 years ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Have a chance to grab this wilderness trail. Worth the $90-$100 it’ll be? https://kybourbontrail.com/wilderness-trail-distillery-to-release-first-6-year-old/

Man I don't think I would buy it. I bought their bottled in bond offering and it was a big turd.

#5872 3 years ago

Ok thanks for the feedback!

#5873 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

So went to do a beer run this morning and was told I needed this. How is this stuff?
    [quoted image]

I like it!

Go back and get a bottle for me

#5874 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

[quoted image]

It's a very good bottle. I used to buy it all the time when it was easily found and in the $40 range. Now it's closer to $60 here, and near impossible to acquire unless you happen to be in a store as soon as it comes off a truck. Enjoy!

#5875 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

[quoted image]

It’s great! I always buy Blanton’s if I find it, it has happened a whopping one time so that should say something about it

#5876 3 years ago

something to surprise you guys on, I got this at a grocery store that I picked up the buffalo trace single barrel at. It may have been the last one or that may have been the only bottle they got. I am part of a "fight club" for beer at this store. I messaged the lady that runs it asking if they had a certain beer, she said nope but the other one you have been waiting for is there. then she says that they had a bottle left of this. I had no idea what it was but bought it lol. I have not been a bourbon guy but thinking of cracking open that buffalo trace single barrel tonight and give it a whirl. During quarantine, i have been stocking up on liquor for when guest are able to come back around

#5877 3 years ago

btw that beer behind it is a scotch barrel aged imperial stout with marshmallows and dark chocolate. should be killer. i always age this beer too. i have some other flavors that are over 4 years old and they are amazing. they do bourbon barrel and rum barrel aged with flavors is their reserve. If the VFW happens this year and you stop by my tailgate, I will be glad to share and show you about this goodness.

#5878 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

[quoted image]

Blanton's, which used to be a readily available, premium priced ($40, at a time when most other bourbons were in the $20-$30 range), has now become a sought after brand (within the Sazerac portfolio, distilled and aged by Buffalo Trace Distillery, but owned by Age International Corp., made from the higher rye Mash Bill #2, which it shares with Rock Hill Farms, Ancient Age, Hancock's Reserve...confused yet?), which I keep an open bottle around to impress my non-connoisseur, but bourbon-knowledgeable friends.

It is VERY light and delicate tasting for a bourbon. Not super oaky, not very spicy (even though it is made from the higher rye mash bill); basically right at the low end of the scale of qualities one would normally associate with bourbon. This is not a big and bold bourbon, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I hate to ever describe a spirit as being "smooth", as I would call that a flaw (lacks body), but somehow, it works here. Maybe it's the association of this bottle to race-horse-loving southern gentlemen plantation owners (much like the Madison Avenue created association of cowboys to Marlboro cigarettes...), but I could actually see Colonial Sanders enjoying a glass of this, aside from the fact he died a couple years prior to the first release of this brand.

Blanton's, in my mind, is the Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream of the bourbon world. At the end of the day, it's just vanilla ice cream, but its executed brilliantly. Best sipped while wearing a seersucker suit, from an old wooden rocking chair while watching the sun go down from your covered porch.

Slamming shots with your friends? This probably isn't the one for that.

Quoted from Bax1:

btw that beer behind it is a scotch barrel aged imperial stout with marshmallows and dark chocolate. should be killer. i always age this beer too. i have some other flavors that are over 4 years old and they are amazing. they do bourbon barrel and rum barrel aged with flavors is their reserve. If the VFW happens this year and you stop by my tailgate, I will be glad to share and show you about this goodness.

Dragon's Milk is a fine, barrel aged stout; their basic offering is great and readily available, and the reserve offerings can be awesome (Coconut Rum Barrel, Oatmeal Cookie), to somewhat questionable (Chili Pepper, Curry) haha.

#5879 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

[quoted image]

It's good.
    A staple in the house here - I have 6 or 7 on hand.
    I actually like it because it's a bit more mellow and not as hot as some of the high rye bourbons. Nice finish....

#5880 3 years ago

boy that was one hell of a description grandnational I was laughing pretty good when I was reading. as for Dragons milk, I have some of the coconut rum barrel left that is 4 years old. never went after the chili but heard it was good, hell no to the curry.

#5881 3 years ago

Time for a drink

20200603_144921 (resized).jpg20200603_144921 (resized).jpg
    #5882 3 years ago
    Quoted from Grandnational007:

Blanton's, which used to be a readily available, premium priced ($40, at a time when most other bourbons were in the $20-$30 range), has now become a sought after brand (within the Sazerac portfolio, distilled and aged by Buffalo Trace Distillery, but owned by Age International Corp., made from the higher rye Mash Bill #2, which it shares with Rock Hill Farms, Ancient Age, Hancock's Reserve...confused yet?), which I keep an open bottle around to impress my non-connoisseur, but bourbon-knowledgeable friends.
    It is VERY light and delicate tasting for a bourbon. Not super oaky, not very spicy (even though it is made from the higher rye mash bill); basically right at the low end of the scale of qualities one would normally associate with bourbon. This is not a big and bold bourbon, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I hate to ever describe a spirit as being "smooth", as I would call that a flaw (lacks body), but somehow, it works here. Maybe it's the association of this bottle to race-horse-loving southern gentlemen plantation owners (much like the Madison Avenue created association of cowboys to Marlboro cigarettes...), but I could actually see Colonial Sanders enjoying a glass of this, aside from the fact he died a couple years prior to the first release of this brand.
    Blanton's, in my mind, is the Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream of the bourbon world. At the end of the day, it's just vanilla ice cream, but its executed brilliantly. Best sipped while wearing a seersucker suit, from an old wooden rocking chair while watching the sun go down from your covered porch.
    Slamming shots with your friends? This probably isn't the one for that.

Dragon's Milk is a fine, barrel aged stout; their basic offering is great and readily available, and the reserve offerings can be awesome (Coconut Rum Barrel, Oatmeal Cookie), to somewhat questionable (Chili Pepper, Curry) haha.

Blanton's is smooth in a good way. For sure a staple bottle for any friend looking to drink some good stuff.
    I prefer to have a few on hand at all times, but harder to find each passing year.

#5883 3 years ago

Just grabbed this one.

IMG_20200603_145558 (resized).jpgIMG_20200603_145558 (resized).jpg
    #5884 3 years ago

And now it's time for another drink

20200603_151322 (resized).jpg20200603_151322 (resized).jpg
    #5885 3 years ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Just grabbed this one.
    [quoted image]

Crack that baby open and let us know how it is

#5886 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinDeLaPin:

Crack that baby open and let us know how it is

Tasty. definitely notice some corn flavor and spice. That corn sticks around for awhile. There was more on the shelf if anyone wants to do a trade. I think it was mid $60s cost.

#5887 3 years ago

Hey Zoom gang are we getting together this saturday night?

#5888 3 years ago

As a matter of fact theres a bunch of guys in here that need to join in on the zoom call we all just bullshit and drink bourbon. It is a ton of fun and you get to participate and meet new people.

#5889 3 years ago

I can and would really like to do sat Zoom blind tasting finally

Others can join to and drink regular stuff.
    We can do tasting stuff on the first portion pretty quickly

#5890 3 years ago

Saturday night it is then. Anyone is welcome to join don't be shy it really is a good time.

#5891 3 years ago

I should be able to zoom-a-zoom zoom and a bour-boom Saturday

#5892 3 years ago

What about you other fauquers?

We doing this finally?

#5893 3 years ago

I work until 9:30 Saturday night, so you all better still be drinking and zooming when I get home! Because I will be needing some bourbon.....

#5894 3 years ago

I’m in for Saturday night. I will let all of you in the central time zone determine the time.

#5895 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I’m in for Saturday night. I will let all of you in the central time zone determine the time.

7 or 8 works for me

#5896 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What about you other fauquers?
    We doing this finally?

So, now that baseball has kicked up and we’re playing I’m gonna be in Iowa, but I’ll not be the one person who can’t do it, so I’ll zoom from the hotel room if need be.
    Been looking at those damn tester bottles way to long without having taking a drink from them...

#5897 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

7 or 8 works for me

So 9 Eastern, 8 Central work for everybody?

#5898 3 years ago

works for me

Chisox
    SirScott

you guys in!?

#5899 3 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

So 9 Eastern, 8 Central work for everybody?

I'm in

#5900 3 years ago

I’m out guys. Have fun.

There are 11,703 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 235.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-and-bourbon/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.