(Topic ID: 89105)

PINBALL AND ARCADE AUCTION MAY 10th BROKEN ARROW OKLAHOMA!(Tulsa area)

By DoubleOughtPBs

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Bakushan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

yuuuup.jpeg
104_0154.JPG
104_0152.JPG
104_0123.JPG
104_0115.JPG
104_0116.JPG

#1 5 years ago

Large Arcade and Pinball Auction www.OkAssetAuctions.com More Items Will Be Added!
May 10th 10am
150 Games including
10+Pinball Machines
Classic Arcade Games Driving Games, Dart Boards, Kiddie Ride, Cocktails, Partial Inventory (Subject to Change):
Pinball Machines
Twilight Zone Pinball
Judge Dredd Pinball
Kiss Pinball
Atlantis Pinball
Demolition Man Pinball
EarthShaker
Dr. Who Pinball
Star Trek Next Generation Pinball
RoadShow Pinball
TALES FROM THE CRYPT pINBALL
AND MORE!
Games include:
PacMan, Ms. PaCMan, Joust, Galaga, Silver Strike Bowling Live, Bags, 1942, Deer Hunting USA, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2 Championship, Burger Time, Terminator 2, Shinobi, Power Drift, Bad Dudes, Helicopter Kiddie Ride, Area 51, Tekken 3, Cruzin World upright, Cruzin Exotica upright, California Speed, FACTORY NEW Multicade 60-1, New Multicade Cocktail, Police Trainer, Off Road Thunder, Dark Stalkers, Double Axle, Target Toss Pro, Neo Geo, Robo Cop, Centepede cocktail, Galaxy Dart Boards, Scorpion Dart Board, Changers, Donkey Kong, and more arcade games!

The auction will be held at our auction house

702 S 12th St Broken Arrow, OK 74012

M A Y 10th! Don't miss it! 405-974-0125 www.OkAssetAuctions.com
104_0115.JPG104_0116.JPG104_0123.JPG104_0152.JPG104_0154.JPG

1 week later
#2 5 years ago

saw everything but an address and maybe even a phone number

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from doctorpin:

saw everything but an address and maybe even a phone number

???

He left all that info in his post.

"The auction will be held at our auction house

702 S 12th St Broken Arrow, OK 74012

M A Y 10th! Don't miss it! 405-974-0125 http://www.OkAssetAuctions.com"

#4 5 years ago

fees?

#5 5 years ago

from the website:

http://www.okassetauctions.com/buyers.html

13.9% Buyers premium on all purchases.

#6 5 years ago

What did the pins sell for?

#7 5 years ago

anyone?

#8 5 years ago

Terminator 2, passed
Star Trek Next Generation passed
Truck Stop sold 300
Hurricane sold 650
Jokerz passed
These pins were "Project Pins" All were missing boards, T2 had water damage on the outside of the bottom of the cabinet

These pins had all the boards....some weren't in bad condition....others needed lots of work...ie playfield wear, cabinet wear, mechanical issues:

Dr Who Buyback at 1500
Demo Man 1000 buyback
Tales from the crypt 1650
Junkyard 2300
Twilight Zone 3600 buyback
Road Show 1850
Evil Knivel buyback
Earthshaker 1200
Roller Coaster Tycoon 1900
Kiss buyback (don't remember the price)
JudgeDredd was 1900-2000? (Can't remember...right around in there)

I'm missing a few of the machines that sold......, but they all had problems. I picked up Earthshaker & TFTC.
EarthShaker----has a few issues, but will be a great winter project
TFTC---in pretty good shape. Needs some work, but playable

#9 5 years ago
#10 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. Pretty disappointing to see so many missing boards.

#11 5 years ago

The starting bid on STTNG was 1k, but it was missing boards, and no glass. Playfield looked great, but all the plastics were so dirty. I figured it would be years before I would get that thing up and running. I think everyone was thinking the same thing

I was so bummed about the water damage on the lower cab of T2. The playfield looked great, but man I just didn't want to take any chances throwing money away.

#12 5 years ago

Dr.who was a buyback at 1500? Someone is an idiot. Should have let that one go and been thankful he got that. Especially in players condition. Same with a dirty players TZ at $3500. Should have considered that a gift. Some people think everything is worth gold.

And these are prices before hammer? Most of them prices were outrageous without the Hammer. Add that to it, and your reaching in the insane realm. Must have been many uninformed people there.

#13 5 years ago

yuuuup.jpeg

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Dr.who was a buyback at 1500? Someone is an idiot. Should have let that one go and been thankful he got that. Especially in players condition. Same with a dirty players TZ at $3500. Should have considered that a gift. Some people think everything is worth gold.
And these are prices before hammer? Most of them prices were outrageous without the Hammer. Add that to it, and your reaching in the insane realm. Must have been many uninformed people there.

Our market is just different here in OK I guess. Everyone I've talked to on pinside says such and such is too high, but there just aren't that many pins for sale here and when they do come up, they are always higher than what pinsiders think they should be.

I actually drove over to Tulsa a couple of weeks ago to look at the RCT he had. It was throwing up switch errors and had some non-standard legs making it extremely short, and it just did not present that well. Plus, the E A T plastic was broken and from what I've ready, that's like unobtainium. Other than that, the mini display was great, and the machine was in decent condition. We just couldn't work out a deal for it. I'm glad he got it sold as the guy was a great guy and former military so major kudos for his service to our country.

#15 5 years ago

I don't really see a lot of FS posts in OK, so that might be right. But you have to be willing to drive. If your going to sit around and wait for pins that are an hour or less in driving. You are probably going to be paying more. I'm always willing to drive 8 hours out and back for something I want that's in my price range. 10 hours out and back, if it's something i've been after for 2+ years. Want the deals, you have to drive and on a moments notice. For the right game, i'd get in the van right now and head off to a 20 hour round trip. But there are only 2 games i'd be willing to do that for.

#16 5 years ago

It's very bizarre that people, as a group, pay more at auctions.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Rush1169:

It's very bizarre that people, as a group, pay more at auctions.

People just get caught up in the emotions of an auction and are willing to pay more.

Same thing happens everyday on ebay. When there's excitement, people get a little looser with their purse strings.

#18 5 years ago

some things go high somethings go low. that's the auction. there were some really great deals there Saturday.

#19 5 years ago

Which games were a really great deal? I see a couple that are okay if you want an auction pin at collection prices, but no good deals.

Quoted from DoubleOughtPBs:

there were some really great deals there Saturday.

#20 5 years ago

I might be interested in the Doctor Who - anyone here (besides the seller) see it in person that could offer a second opinion?

#21 5 years ago

The DW was a buyback at $1,500. That means that the bidding only went up to $1,500 and the final bid was the seller. It doesn't mean he's selling a DW for $1,500.

Quoted from dbellAZ:

I might be interested in the Doctor Who - anyone here (besides the seller) see it in person that could offer a second opinion?

#22 5 years ago

I know - it's posted for sale in another thread. My question is has anyone seen it personally so I can tell if it's worth buying it unseen.

#23 5 years ago

the dr who was a buyback it was the 3rd item in the auction and the crowd just wasn't warmed up. everyone was just seeing how it was going to go. the first iems always go cheap.
nice junkward went for 2300.
golden tee 2013 live dba working 100% 800bucks probably worth 1500.00
golden tee complete 300.... that's the cheapest ive ever seen.
lots of the working video games went in the $100 range
tftc went for 1600.00

#24 5 years ago

wasn't warmed up? $1500 for a Dr.Who is very very high. Especially for players version, and before hammer. Whoever owned that, had their head up their ass.

arcades are usually dirt cheap. Bottom fell out of that market about 6 years ago. MAME for the Win.

#25 5 years ago

head up ass or not everyone is entitled to get what they want for a machine or sit on it forever. that's the way the market works.
for 1500 ill keep the thing myself and put it in my game room

#26 5 years ago

Prices really seem to increase with a NE->SW gradient. Not sure if I'm more often amazed at how cheap things sell in the east, or how much people around here are asking (which are probably a bargain by southern CA rates). I totally picked the wrong hobby or the wrong side of the continent to live on.

#27 5 years ago

yea, but if your hauling it to an auction, your looking to dump. Can't expect to get insane prices at an auction, because the buyers are having to pay over 13% on top of your price. Which is super high. $1500 is a gift to the seller of a DR.Who unless it looks minty and unfaded.

#28 5 years ago

We pay premiums for pins here...

Everything seems to be 10-25% higher for pin prices in TX/OK. I saw amazing deals at expo last year...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 49.95
Playfield - Plastics
MicksPinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 85.00
Sale Pending!
Blaine, TN
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Great American Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside