By matthewra

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matthewra.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

You ever played pinball, Alex? Pinball. There are those bumpers on there. Their only purpose is to knock the crap out of your ball and put you off your game. Now, the more punishment you take, the more points you can rack up, but you can't pay attention to them. It's just noise. You gotta steel your nerves, keep your eye on the ball because the game, it's actually down at the flippers. And the flippers, they can send that ball flying up the ramp so fast, it'll make your head spin and that's where you score the real points. You just have to let the flippers do the work.

(Thank you for the very weird pep talk, Cory. Okay, but sometimes... Mm-hmm.)

... and just call it your dumb, silly luck, you realize that ball is heading straight down the drain. It's completely out of the reach of the flippers, and you think, "All right, well, I guess that's the end of the road." Right? "It's my last ball, and I'm plumb out of quarters." That's the moment you conjure the strength of a mother whose baby is trapped beneath a Pontiac, and you tilt the f*ck outta that machine because you can. I am not taking the money back. I put my quarters in, and nobody's gonna forget that I pulled the plunger. And I got balls left to play.

Read more at: https://tvshowtranscripts.ourboard.org/viewtopic.php?f=1043&t=47612

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matthewra.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-analogy-about-life-on-the-morning-show?tu=matthewra and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.