Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Vyzer2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jake35.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Wife and I are purchasing 3 cabins near Dollywood in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN, and I'm thinking of converting one to an arcade themed Air BnB with arcade games, and of course pinball machines. I feel like there would be a lot of interest in it and would be a great place to relax in the evenings after taking the family to Gatlinburg etc. My brother manages several in the area and will help me do these as well since he lives up there.

Has anyone else ever had success with these in a short term rental setting?

#6 4 years ago

Thanks for the insight, lots of good info! Hope that Time Machine is treating you well! Love the gameroom remodel.

Quoted from MT45:

Owned a rental up there for a few years. Lost it in the big fire. It rented often and I also had arcade games. Pool table, air hockey, sit down mame cocktail etc. The games all seemed to be an afterthought. Here is what I learned about owning a rental in Gatlinburg. Rentals are huge with honeymooners and folks celebrating anniversaries. Go with 1 bedroom if you can. As you climb the bedroom count ladder, your audience shrinks. Don’t occupy your own property on holidays cause that’s when all your renters want it! Got to have a hot tub and prefer an old school whirlpool tub indoors too. Allow pets if are OK with that. Keep it maintained. Visit it regularly to review maintenance needs.
    As others have said, view means everything. I estimated the view alone on my property was worth $75K. If a remodel is called for, make it “look” like a cabin. Use lots of tongue and groove pine. Lastly, get a professional rental management company for several reasons. If not, you will deal with renters, issues, missing blankets, forks, broken keys in locks, etc. Also, not sure what the revenue share is now but the management company used to take 40%. That was the best 40% I ever spent. They worked their butts off to get me rental nights and trust me ... the winning formula is NOT rate per night or what percent you keep, it’s nights rented period.
    Good luck up there. Beautiful area

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't you think free play would be the way to go here?

I would put all games on freeplay, not coin.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jake35.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-airbnb-in-gatlinburg-tn?tu=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.