Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by MrSanRamon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

graph_(1).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 12 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

... in that case, what you consider "a fair price" is a ridiculous low ball. These are no longer the days of afm at $2800, Theatre of Magic at $2500, and demolitionan for $1100. I know you can still find deals like that sometimes but that doesn't reflect their value. It just reflects you getting a good deal. Also, all these price guides that average value over the last 5 years are worthless.

I politely disagree on this one. I have bought JM, JP, and TFTC, all for x < $1900 with the average value being $1550. I've seen TFTC on CL for $3000 and JP for $2200 - and I don't mean just in my local CL area.

What kind of prices do you consider "low baling" ? I have definitely heard about this "low ball" mentality, and so far, I have not disrespected any seller that I have bought from. All three of my transactions have been extremely pleasant, and I would buy from any of the three - all fellow pinsiders - again with confidence knowing those bridges were fully intact. With AFM and TOM - I agree - those days are history. But DM, T2, JD, JM, and various other mid 90's B/W/DE games can ALL be found for reasonable amount of $1000-$1500 - save a few like JP and BSD starting to spike a little more. I sure as heck know I'm not nuts enough to buy a BSD for $2400, but at the same time I know I am not being unreasonable going for $1500-$1600.

What annoys me is when I think some people put 200+ LEDs in their machine and now it's worth $1000 more. I think someone wipes the playfield down with a damp rag and changes out 5 rubbers and that's a "shopped" job meaning add another $500 to the price tag. I think some people buy pins, keep them for a year and figure "Well gee, the price MUST have gone up by now..." and add $700 more than what they paid for it when the pin not having ANY work or maintenance done to it; thereby, the seller is buying entropy on a machine -___-...I think some people read stories (read there: not FACTS) about how some people think pins are getting more rare and all of a sudden each of their pin's values just increased in their game room by $500 to $2000. I think people drill into their heads and force themselves to believe that pinball machines are getting so rare that the only thing that makes sense to do is automatically try to make themselves believe their pins MUST be more valuable now - even though they've done nothing to support that price increase. These are just a very few examples I care to name off, and if I thought of them I'm sure others have too or have personally witnessed some of them. I KNOW I have (looks at the retailers here in Dayton...AGAIN)...

I think some people are very realistic with their pricing, and I think others are asking the moon for their junk. AFM, MM, TZ, CV, TAF, TOTAN, and whatever other "crude oil" games there are out there - yes they are priced at high values for a reason(s) - scarcity, S&D, etc. Most titles though I simply just tell myself "The price isn't going above $2000." That's just my personal "ceiling", and with the exceptions of TAF and BSD(machines I'll be willing to spend a lil' more on), I'll keep to it. One thing I have seriously learned in this hobby for all of 1.5 months - patience. Funny correlation: as patience increases so does the amount of money saved. Just something I've noticed ...

#36 12 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Even with the people asking too much, I've learned there are a good amount of people who ask for $1000 but will accept $700. Or even less.
    EBAY is always 20-100% higher prices on all titles. I've only ever seen a game go for less than I've seen posted on CL once, maybe twice.
    Just my $.02.
    -j

Hey bud,

Here's my thoughts on those things. Say you have a pin you want to get $1000 out of. Would you ask $1000 for it - no way - you'd ask $1200. That way when the inevitable tire-kickers come (DEFINITELY ME) and knock your price down to $1000, and you meet with them at $1100, everybody wins. You get MORE than you wanted, and they "get" a great deal. Everyone wins.

As for ePay, well, it's just that . And even then, I have started to look at tables with a bit more of a scrutinizing eye, and man - some of those pins on ePay - OMgoodness. You got to be kidding me - as stated earlier - the moon for their junk.

It's like someone once said here when I very first registered here at Pinside: "If you're looking on eBay, you're doing it wrong..."

Good deals are extremely rare, hence my line about "patience." It sucks to have to wait and wait and wait, but if you do and you know the right people - the deals that come your way are flat-out amazing. I've also noticed good pin deals are kinda like a relationship - you look hard for one and they all allude you. As soon as you stop caring and go about your daily life, BAM!, there it is right in front of you - literally falls in your lap.

Crazy but true - at least in my experiences, both of which are limited .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider npo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-ads-on-craigslist?tu=npo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.