Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by lpeters82
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kokosad.jpg

#1 12 years ago

All of sudden, i don't seem to want any of my pins. Is that normal? I suspect that it is not. I still love pinball but I just don't care for my lineup. Weird.

Maybe they have drugs (prescription) for that??

TG? Oh, that was uncalled for. Just kidding, TG (if you read this)

#2 12 years ago

That's why I think having more pins than your setup normal requires is a good thing.

It lets you rotate out the stale machines, store them for a few months or give them a great shop job. When you rotate them back in the line up, you're fresh again.

#3 12 years ago

I'm known for having pinball ADD.

However, I've got to the point now where I've owned enough pins that I know what I like and feel that I will be slowing down on rotating pins.

Having BHZA to look forward to will help with my pin ADD.

#4 12 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

All of sudden, i don't seem to want any of my pins. Is that normal? I suspect that it is not. I still love pinball but I just don't care for my lineup.

Seems like you have been battling this for a while. Just glad you are still interested in pins. I don't know if I could get sick of all my pins at once but maybe this could be common? Start trading or selling for what you want? Question is do you know what you want your lineup to be?

I'll get you started on the next pin and will take BSD ( I think you already know that though).

#5 12 years ago

My pinball ADD comes out when I stare at all the flashing lights....

#6 12 years ago

I know nothing about that Dave!

#7 12 years ago

What were we discussing???

Oh yeah, pinball ADD.

#8 12 years ago

I don't play mine so much to get tired of them,right now I have 2 of my favorites and I want them to stay that way.

#9 12 years ago

I don't have any more room, or money, for that matter. Current lineup stays.

#10 12 years ago

Dave, are there places in WI that you can go out and play pins?

If you had to replace your current lineup with 3 different pins, what would they be and would
    they be enough to get you over the current ADD feeling?

I've found that if I take days or a week off from playing that it recharges my batteries in
    wanting to play again.

#11 12 years ago

No, it is not normal.

Yes, I will be happy to take your TZ hostage for a month as an experiment to see if you want it back.

Just come over and play my pins more and give your pins a rest.

In all seriousness, we need to start a temporary trade with the local Madison crew. Give me another month or so with my pins and I would be happy to shuffle them out with some of your pins. I think it could be a great way to allow us each to scratch the itch, refine our tastes, and keep some hard earned $ in our pocket in the meantime...

#12 12 years ago

I don't know if it's normal, but you are not alone. Swapped out my entire 6 pin lineup last summer, in the process of doing the same thing right now (only one - Pinbot - survives the cut). Sounds like your not cut from the "collector" cloth...some of us just enjoy playing new (to us) pins and don't have the emotional attachment to them.

#13 12 years ago

Just kidding, TG (if you read this)

kokosad.jpgkokosad.jpg

If you check my owned in the past, you will probably note that I have owned mostly "top rated" games. Why did I keep flying through them? Boredom, I guess.

Unless you want to commit to buying and selling over and over (B R?) I don't think any game will feel constantly fresh. That said, what I did was stop myself from the madness and took the pins that I had on hand and declared them keepers.

Granted, part of this was made easy by ordering WOZ, but it was hard to break the habit. The search and buy are almost as much fun as owning to me.

If the 3 great titles you own don't keep you happy, I doubt 3 others will either. I am not trying to harsh, I am just sharing my thoughts about my own experiences.

Besides, I will still probably need your TZ some day so you can't hold if forever!

Peace. TG

#14 12 years ago

Wish I had pin ADD...have the absolute opposite..cannot stop playing...what's that called?

#15 12 years ago

I have had 8 at the maximum and now have 5 which is enough to keep me interested. I always have them set to 3 ball, steep pitch even though I am fairly average as a player as this keeps my interest longer.

I spend more time on pinside than playing pinball! Should start a poll to see how many are similar!

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

cannot stop playing...what's that called?

Fun!

#17 12 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Should start a poll to see how many are similar

#19 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

No, it is not normal.
    Yes, I will be happy to take your TZ hostage for a month as an experiment to see if you want it back.
    Just come over and play my pins more and give your pins a rest.
    In all seriousness, we need to start a temporary trade with the local Madison crew. Give me another month or so with my pins and I would be happy to shuffle them out with some of your pins. I think it could be a great way to allow us each to scratch the itch, refine our tastes, and keep some hard earned $ in our pocket in the meantime...

That's a lot of trust. I mean I used to trade video games with friends, but pinball machines are a little more valuable. Having said that, I'll trade you my FT and JM (pickup tomorrow) for MM for as long as you want

I'm also sure it's normal to want to switch out games every so often.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, I will be happy to take your TZ hostage for a month as an experiment to see if you want it back

Thanks for reminding me. I have been considering doing something like this with a group of 4 or 5 of us in the Des Moines area.

Rather than buying and selling....trading games for a time. Maintain ownership but lend the title out.

It looks like you Badgers have enough people in close proximity to try this, too.

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Whysnow said:Yes, I will be happy to take your TZ hostage for a month as an experiment to see if you want it back
    Thanks for reminding me. I have been considering doing something like this with a group of 4 or 5 of us in the Des Moines area.
    Rather than buying and selling....trading games for a time. Maintain ownership but lend the title out.
    It looks like you Badgers have enough people in close proximity to try this, too.

I really think this is a great idea. Many of us in the Badger area have got almost every great title in our collections. I have no problem trusting Dave with either of my machines, but I may set the tilts on high and remove the outposts before lending them out just to screw with him

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

but I may set the tilts on high and remove the outposts before lending them out just to screw with him []

LOL +1

#23 12 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I have no problem trusting Dave with either of my machines,

I trust you with mine but I don't know if i trust my kids with your's! We'll have to talk about this at greater length before i get rid of something i shouldn't.

#24 12 years ago

Hello.. my name is Brock, and I too am addicted to moving pinball games in and out of my house.

Squirrel!!

#25 12 years ago

You know the more I've thought about this, the more I think it could work. It would take a lot of planning though. Overall, we probably just need to trade as a group more though. If there was a local club this might be easier, hint..hint. I'd help, but with twins I don't have time to start it up.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-add and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.