(Topic ID: 106886)

Pinball abuse....layoff if it isn't your machine!

By vdojaq

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zap-ball-flash-sound-dog-toy.jpg
tumblr_m17e6vZXEG1r1ult6o1_500.gif
ass.kicked.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vwallat99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 9 years ago

I just had this problem a couple days ago. I had a friend come over to my house for the first time and saw my pins and wanted to play naturally. We started playing on my Space Shuttle and that machine is very basic.. We then switched over to my Centaur II machine, I went first and my friend watching me play noticed that I was able to nudge a ball back into play. I explained to him that this machine was designed for a skilled player to lightly nudge the ball back in play. I stepped away to grab a beer and not but 2 mins later I walk back and find my friend smashing into my centaur looking like he was trying to flip it over! The game proceeded to 'blackout' and restart itself. This problem would then reoccur every time I played it until I looked into the problem and fixed it. Needless to say my friend is no longer welcome in my home.. Atleast for now. But he lost his pinball playing privliedges.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

Did you explain the tilt mechanism? Was the tilt set properly? It sounds like you didn't finish the nudging lesson. And if you banned the dude from you house, he must not have been a very good friend to begin with.
If you don't set your tilt properly at a show, you invite this kind of behavior. Not making excuses for anyone, but leaving your tilt loose is like leaving a suitcase of money on the passenger seat of your convertible with the top down. You're asking for trouble. If you don't enable these guys, they'll be less likely to abuse your games.
I ranted yesterday about poor setup at shows. I should've added improperly set tilts to the list. People assume their games are safe at shows. They aren't.

No but I can't see that explaining a tilt would help , its not like he hasn't played pinball before he just didn't have any respect for my property imo. My tilt is set properly and after centaur said no class human and tilted it didn't stop him from still trying which then made the machine reset itself. The machine would reset itself every game around ball 2 or 3. Looked under the PF to find the connection to the solinoid expander board was loose. Problem was sloved but yeah not the greatest friend when he did that to my property and hes banned for now atleast.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vwallat99.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-abuselayoff-if-it-isnt-your-machine?tu=vwallat99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.