(Topic ID: 106886)

Pinball abuse....layoff if it isn't your machine!

By vdojaq

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zap-ball-flash-sound-dog-toy.jpg
tumblr_m17e6vZXEG1r1ult6o1_500.gif
ass.kicked.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 9 years ago

The types of people that do this type of stuff should be profiled and documented so that they can be barred from any future events. It is total BS that they would mistreat those machines like that. I'm not sure I would be able to refrain from responding even if it wasn't my machine.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Buffpac5:

I am no good at the skill of nudging or bumping so I don't even bother. But it does bother me seeing other people manhandling a machine that isn't their property.

I think nudging is totally fine. Picking up the game or shoving it a foot to the side, or banging on the front of it is just ridiculous. I have found that nudging is much more useful on early SS games and EM games. The new games are giving you ball saves at start and multiballs left and right so the nudging is much more minimal except to help prevent a SDTM or a side drain IMO. Then again, I am not a wizard or anything, just my experience.

#49 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I will admit to pushing the button HARDER to try and make that far ramp shot Can't help it. After a long day of playing I will be sore the next day.....lol.

I have this same problem. I also squeeze my clubs way too hard when I play golf. No reason to do it, I just cannot help it.

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

A few people I know do this and it always amazes me that they don't tilt more because that bob has to be swinging the entire time they are playing.

I just press the flipper buttons in too hard, especially during multiball. I never shake the machine from it, just hurts my hands after doing it all day.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

ah well, these people physically shove the machine forward EVERY TIME they flip. It isn't violent or anything but the backbox is always wiggling from it.

haha. That's like those people that used to play Nintendo and thrust the controller up in the air every time they pressed the jump button like it was going to make them jump higher.

Another bad habit is holding the flipper in when I am attempting a long accurate shot. I get bounce back drains that would've dead bounced if I just would've let go of the flipper after hitting the ball.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Wow I'm so guilty of that too.
Messes me up even more when a game has an extra flipper on the upper playfield.

Seeing that you have a funhouse, I bet you get a lot of your backhands you try to hit up the left ramp end up hitting the bottom of the upper flipper like me haha.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So consensus seems to be that as a whole the tournament players are the biggest abusers.

I think people playing routed pins are bad too. They see that the bar doesn't even own the pin, so they just abuse away. I have had bartenders/owners tell me to lift up the machine and slam it down to free a stuck ball.

I have since gotten the contact info of the op to personally email him when there is an issue with the machine. I have found contacting the op directly keeps the pin that is on route in much better shape.

#70 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Well I would agree that "routed" pins take the most abuse by far. But we are talking about "Expo" pins here. Peoples private collection pins getting abused at events.

Oh yeah, my bad. Kind of got off topic. Then yeah, the tourney players seem to be the ones to shell out most of the abuse. I guess they have more at stake, but the over the top rage nudging is just absurd and uncalled for.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Make the after ball bonus worth more and that will stop some of it.

So maybe the solution would be to have games like DM, IJ, and others that can have massive end of ball bonuses as tourney games. I don't have any experience with tournaments, those might be too easy for tournament goers.

Also, are people seeing any machine abuse in the classics division? Those Early SS games are very bonus heavy.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

that actually just happened in a tournament I was in...double warning and all was good.
Players love that stuff...I wonder if everyone around here would be disgusted by it

I say no tilt, no issues. Assuming there is a reasonable tilt sensitivity set on the machine. The legs should never leave the ground, and the glass, coin door, or lockdown bar should never be bashed. That is just crybabies whining about their ball draining.

#78 9 years ago

I would be interested to hear any unusual displays of frustration that people have done themselves or seen others do. Take for instance, I never bash or rage shake the machine obviously, but I tend to slap the ball of my right foot on the ground, and belt out a PG made up cuss word (my seven year old likes to watch me play). Pretty weird I know haha.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from Excalabur:

But hitting the lockdown bar? The thick metal thing attached to some other metal things? That's supposed to be a problem?
Really? Exactly what damage do you think that'll cause?
Same question for sliding a game on tiles--what problem do you think this will cause?

Well my point is, if a meat head hot head slams his fists on the lockdown bar, let's say he doesn't hit it on the front and hits it closer to the glass. Boom. Shattered glass. The point is, it's uncalled for, and just a crybaby move that has no place or purpose. Nothing good comes from it.

#107 9 years ago

Seems to me now that anyone considering putting their game into a tournament should reconsider immediately, or just treat it as a loan at your own risk type situation. Anyone else thinking of putting their games in the free play area shouldn't have to worry about these issues since it is all casual play, and there is no need or purpose for these moves. These areas should just have a steadfast rule on abuse. Lay out the rules plain and simple, and if broken, no more free play for you. I think the point of the free play area is to showcase your wonderful game to someone that might never get a chance to play that game in any other setting. But again, I am still new to all this stuff.

#110 9 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

I then "not playfully" kicked him in the chest and knocked him off his stool. he got the message.

hahaha. Amazing.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Do you know who I am ?!

Do you know how many anonymous henchmen I have killed?

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

Ehhh... I HATE this video more and more everytime i see it
» YouTube video

This is a perfect example of what I was talking about. None of what he did harmed the machine at all, but it was bush league bull crap, and has no place. Nothing good came from what he was doing. Plus that guy looks like he reeks of patchouli, so I wouldn't let him within a football field of my home.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-abuselayoff-if-it-isnt-your-machine?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.