(Topic ID: 106886)

Pinball abuse....layoff if it isn't your machine!

By vdojaq

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zap-ball-flash-sound-dog-toy.jpg
tumblr_m17e6vZXEG1r1ult6o1_500.gif
ass.kicked.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I've never heard of, or seen a single person abuse one of my machines any more than I do... which isn't much at all...

If I ever did they would certainly get a comment from me. I treat others pins as if they were my own.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I love the newb player who thinks that if they lean into the cab every shot, the ball will go faster or something. Drives me nuts.

I will admit to pushing the button HARDER to try and make that far ramp shot Can't help it. After a long day of playing I will be sore the next day.....lol.

#60 9 years ago

So consensus seems to be that as a whole the tournament players are the biggest abusers.

#66 9 years ago

Don't shoot the messenger Frax....that just appears to be the consensus. Not sure what there is to disagree with. By far and away the most aggressive players I've come across have been the tournament players......and this thread appears to confirm that.

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think people playing routed pins are bad too. They see that the bar doesn't even own the pin, so they just abuse away. I have had bartenders/owners tell me to lift up the machine and slam it down to free a stuck ball.
I have since gotten the contact info of the op to personally email him when there is an issue with the machine. I have found contacting the op directly keeps the pin that is on route in much better shape.

Well I would agree that "routed" pins take the most abuse by far. But we are talking about "Expo" pins here. Peoples private collection pins getting abused at events.

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

A better generalization than what I quoted above would be to say location players 'are the biggest abusers'.

And in fact I already said that.

This thread was about peoples personal machines getting abused at EXPO's. That's what I was referring to. A lot of discussion had to do with angry reactions to losing the ball, not your typical "slap, nudge, slide action you see in tournaments that does not fully tilt the machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-abuselayoff-if-it-isnt-your-machine?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.