1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by SimplePin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

08 (resized).jpg
    09 (resized).jpg
    07 (resized).jpg
    06 (resized).jpg
    05 (resized).jpg
    04 (resized).jpg
    03 (resized).jpg
    02 (resized).jpg
    01 (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

Hello! Looking for something to get the pinhead in your life? Or want something to help explain why you love rolling a ball up and down a piece of plywood so much? May I humbly offer my graphic novel, PINBALL: A Graphic History of the Silver Ball, as a potential solution! You can find out more details about my book on my publisher's page for the book here: https://us.macmillan.com/books/9781250249210/pinball

My wife and I just had our first child in August, and next week I transition into full-time caregiver! I'm super excited to spend time with her, and wanted to do a last little bit of spreading the word about my book before I go full dad-mode.

01 (resized).jpg01 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg02 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg03 (resized).jpg04 (resized).jpg04 (resized).jpg05 (resized).jpg05 (resized).jpg06 (resized).jpg06 (resized).jpg07 (resized).jpg07 (resized).jpg08 (resized).jpg08 (resized).jpg09 (resized).jpg09 (resized).jpg
    #2 1 year ago

I have this book, it's pretty cool.

#3 1 year ago

Same, I love this book, have gone through it three times, and bought a copy for my sister and her kids

#4 1 year ago

I loved this book! The art style is very cool and the content hits a lot of high notes about the history, skills, and culture of pinball. Great job Jon and congratulations on the new baby!

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from vidguy:

I loved this book! The art style is very cool and the content hits a lot of high notes about the history, skills, and culture of pinball. Great job Jon and congratulations on the new baby!

Thank you! She has been a very chill baby so far. We went over to a friends house and they have an Earthshaker. It was the first pin she'd seen and she was absolutely ensorcelled!

#6 1 year ago

Jon’s book is excellent. Highly recommended!

#7 1 year ago

Jon, I'm not sure why you posted this in the "Off-Topic" sub-forum. It's very much on-topic, and a great gift to give!
    .................David Marston

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Jon, I'm not sure why you posted this in the "Off-Topic" sub-forum. It's very much on-topic, and a great gift to give!
    .................David Marston

I truly didn't know where to post it! And thank you for the kind words, David!

#9 1 year ago

Hi Jon,

Thanks to your shameless plug I just bought a copy! LOL Looks great. Great work.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-a-graphic-history-of-the-silver-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.