7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by JeremyON
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeremyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 7 years ago

Change the battery on the prism card, then reprogram the game with the latest software version. You have probably just lost the game program code which is stored in flash memory on the prism card. I just dealt with this on my machine because I wanted to play a RFM playfield on my SWE1 and only had the daughter card to swap (so my machine was trying to run RFM roms with SWE1 game code) but a dead battery would probably cause the same thing. The game program is installed on the prism card flash memory and the daughter card only contains basic ROM data for a pre-release version of the game, graphics and part of the sound. The game is designed to continue to run and be playable if it loses the flash code, but it's certainly not enjoyable without the sound. If you turn on your machine and get a pre-release version of software (I was showing version 0.8) with no sound and a checksum failure for ROM 109, then that's probably your problem. You can get more info on the solution at my post on the subject. Good luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
4,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jeremyon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-prism-card?tu=jeremyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.