Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by BlackBelt
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I was careless the other night and dropped a playfield glass on the corner. Yup…Boom...Crap…$25 bucks shot to hell.

I have extra sheets so not that big of a deal.

Soo… I started to think… what if it was my Revenge From Mars (Pinball 2000) glass?

Planetary pin ball looks to be out of stock (at $300 per).

Are there any other sellers out there?

DiY coatings??

Or would I just burn the game?

#2 1 year ago

Following.

I had a spare sheet for a while, but my RFM is the ONLY pf glass I've ever had explode on me

#3 1 year ago

I am still sitting on 2 extra pieces just in case I have a mishap on my end.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from nsduprr:

Planetary pin ball looks to be out of stock (at $300 per).

They only had it available once a number of years back.

I thought they had found someone who was able to do the reflective tinting, but then someone else recently posted in a WTB playfield glass thread that they thought it was just NOS. So, I don't know what the source was.

There have been a few remake attempts talked about (one in Germay, if I recall), but I never heard if those ventures were successful.

This is the only source I'm aware of that has it in stock: https://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/pinball2000glass.html

But that's in Australia and it's local pick-up only.

Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I am still sitting on 2 extra pieces just in case I have a mishap on my end.

I keep a spare sheet too. Just in case.

But I also keep a whole bunch of other glass sizes too for other games. Usually for when I fix up a game, though.

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tommy-dog:

I am still sitting on 2 extra pieces just in case I have a mishap on my end

Post just rub OPs nose in it .

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Post just rub OPs nose in it .

I've had my nose rubbed in worse before

#7 1 year ago

Lucky you....
    One just came up for sale in the market place...
    $750.00

#8 1 year ago

Yeah the Pin2000 glass is scary stuff to remove just because of the enormous costs (if) you have to buy a new one.
    Not a game I open up “just for the sake of it”.

#9 1 year ago

I think I have a sheet of it, from back when I had SWEP1. The game is gone and I have no plans on getting another pin 2000. So at $750 a sheet I would consider selling it, for local pick up only. With shipping these days, I don't trust anyone to ship it with.

2 weeks later
    #10 1 year ago

I'm seriously considering picking up a machine, but the glass has me worried. Can a glass shop make it? Do we have details on the tinting or specifications for the glass?

Okay..after some digging:
    1) Our local tech did a lot of research into a replacement piece. Essentially we found a professional car tint company who special ordered some kind of adhesive tint that gave a near perfect match to the original pin 2000 reflection.

However, it is applied to only half of the glass as it does not have the slow gradient of the original tint. The monitor reflection is very good. The tint is applied to the top side of the glass and baked in an oven for permanent adhesion. If the tint is applied to the underside of the glass it gives a slight 'doubling' of the image.

2) Start with a tempered clear sheet, screenprint a reverse gradiant
    Then tint the entire glass
    Then chemical wash off the screenprint, leaving the positive gradiant

source: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-playfield-glass-discussion

#11 1 year ago

Following. I need 3+ sheets...

#12 1 year ago

We have Pinball 2000 glass back available again ... original glass with P2K logo and reverse correct decal ... in stock now

https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-04-127391

Team PPS

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from PPS:

We have Pinball 2000 glass back available again ... original glass with P2K logo and reverse correct decal ... in stock now
    https://www.planetarypinball.com/pinball-04-127391
    Team PPS

This is New Old Stock right? There’s still no new supplier?

#14 1 year ago

This is correct glass that we received from IPB when we acquired them years ago, which has the Pinballl 2000(tm) logo on it. We are the licensee for WMS.

The issue was that there is a pre-mask that needs to be taken off, which we don't do when the weather is cold ...

I would call it New New Stock (NNS) to be correct.

#15 1 year ago

BTW...

Not that I need a new glass... but...

I got some cheap *Window Privacy Film* from Amazon. It was really cheap and advertised as mirror film but *not one way* as in, if back lit, it would still allow light to be seen through from the mirror side. I place it on standard glass and slipped it into the game (yes the length of the glass was too long)

It was better then nothing, but a a far cry from a decent replacement. The reflected screen image was bright enough, but fuzzy. The playfield could barely be seen through the film. And yes there was no gradient fad out.

So maybe there is a *high quality film* with the proper transparency and a clear reflective image out there???

Good that PPS has them in stock again!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from PPS:

This is correct glass that we received from IPB when we acquired them years ago, which has the Pinballl 2000(tm) logo on it. We are the licensee for WMS.
    The issue was that there is a pre-mask that needs to be taken off, which we don't do when the weather is cold ...
    I would call it New New Stock (NNS) to be correct.

Already showing out of stock. I’m aware that planetary is the WMS licensee. My question was if this is an item that you have sourced current manufacturing for and will continue to stock or is it an item that once old supply (from Illinois Pinball in this case)is exhausted it’s gone.

#17 1 year ago

This is IPB stock ... when it is gone, it's gone until we figure out where to get more made, we have the artwork and the original supplier, but not sure the economics of doing more until we get to that point.

We should be adding more ... if the weather cooperates ... if you are needing this, then add yourself to the waitlist and as we add more you will be notified.

Team PPS

#18 1 year ago

Thanks a lot! Just ordered a sheet.

#19 1 year ago

Man I would so want to order this because I’m terrified every time I take the RFM which fortunately isn’t often at all.
    But I wouldn’t dare paying so much for a sheet of glass that might break in transit all the way to Sweden…

7 months later
    #20 7 months ago

Planetary pinball … any available on the way?
    Thanks so much

1 month later
    #21 5 months ago

Following. Added email to PPS website.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-playfield-glass?hl=jonnyqtrek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.