25%

(51 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

zzw_(resized).jpg
2206883764_f032578bde_b_(resized).jpg
2206883764_f032578bde_n_(resized).jpg
giphy.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mythmaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Has the supply of Pinball 2000 playfield glass dried up? I know for a while there was plenty of supply of pinball 2000 glass but lately I haven't seen it in stock anywhere.

If it is truly something that is becoming unobtainium, is there any vendor that might want to step up to try to reproduce it? It is just a play-field glass with a partial tint, which I am sure someone could produce.

Maybe we could start a list of who is looking for replacement glass or who wants to have a space piece on hand.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Glass must cost a lot more in Canada, because a sheet of tempered pinball glass is $15-20 at every pinball show in the States.
A piece of real, partially mirrored glass for P2K is $150:
http://lockwhenlit.com/products.htm

This is a good source for anyone in the chicago area. Thanks for sharing! I wonder how many Anthony has left.

The trick to the glass is it is partially tinted. Only the top half contains the tint and it gets darker as it goes up the glass.

#19 7 years ago

Maybe someone can develop some sort of gradient tinted overlay that can get applied to the top half of standard playfield glass. Maybe on top of the glass if that prevents the doubling aspect.

Might be a case of good enough for a replacement even if it isn't a perfect solution. Sounds like the cost of making a run of actual glass would be too high.

#28 7 years ago

I was looking online at tint products and I didn't see any that gradient the tint between shades, the idea of a roll on product might be dead right there.

#50 7 years ago

The question if we find someone to manufacture the glass is how many units would be needed for a run and what the costs would be. If it is an exact match, patent licensing would come into play as well.

We would then need to find out how many people would be willing to pre-order glass and then how it would be distributed!

If anyone has any idea of what manufacture would have the capability of even making these glasses it would be worthwhile.

#53 7 years ago

Bumping this thread back up in hopes that someone might know someone who might be able to possibly manufacture this part. Lots of mights

Also great research Altan. It seems tough to prove the glass itself is patented.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mythmaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-playfield-glass-discussion?tu=mythmaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.