View topic image gallery

DSC_0151 (resized).JPG
DSC_0144 (resized).JPG
DSC_0139 (resized).JPG
DSC_0133 (resized).JPG
DSC_0134 (resized).JPG
#1 2 years ago

Hello everyone.
I just plugged in my RFM and maybe I did something wrong when connecting the connectors but I have purple lines on the monitor, but only on some different game screen shots, which means that the monitor works well only half of the times.
Does onyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Thanks you.

After doing some research I read that the purple lines could be a problem with the graphics card on the mother board? I have a SWEP1 kit with complete computer, can I remove the mother board from the SWEP1 computer and swap it with the one in the RFM computer to check if that could be the problem?
Could this be a capacitor problem?
I'll wait for more feedback before going further in trying to solve this problem.
Thank you in advance.

DSC_0133 (resized).JPGDSC_0133 (resized).JPGDSC_0134 (resized).JPGDSC_0134 (resized).JPGDSC_0139 (resized).JPGDSC_0139 (resized).JPGDSC_0144 (resized).JPGDSC_0144 (resized).JPGDSC_0151 (resized).JPGDSC_0151 (resized).JPG
#2 2 years ago

I encountered it on my game a while back. I basically disassembled and reassembled everything in the computer and it worked fine after that. I'm guessing it was a dirty connection somewhere.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-stuck-on-starting-update-game-code#post-4431837

#3 2 years ago

I'm sorry about the other post I made yesterday, I was not at home and the computer was atomaticly on french translation, I realized afterwards that I had made a mistake by copying your Pinside name in french, and realized this morning that I had quoted you with the french translation, the french translation annoyed me at the moment yesterday but I could not do anything about it, I was at a family member's place (on their personal computer).

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I encountered it on my game a while back. I basically disassembled and reassembled everything in the computer and it worked fine after that. I'm guessing it was a dirty connection somewhere.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rfm-stuck-on-starting-update-game-code#post-4431837

Thank you very much for the information, I appreciate it a lot.
I narrowed it down to the mother board, the problem comes from that board, I removed the prism board from RFM and installed it in the SWEP1 mother board and all works good.
Now, does anyone have the knowledge to give me a hint as to what could be wrong with the motherboard other than what "forceflow" suggested? I'll do exactly as he said but if the problems stays afterwards I would like to have another direction.
Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from GILV:

Now, does anyone have the knowledge to give me a hint as to what could be wrong with the motherboard

I would simply try cleaning the edge connector contacts on the prism card and sticks of RAM. A pink rubber eraser works fine and is non-destructive cleaning method (unlike sanding).

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I would simply try cleaning the edge connector contacts on the prism card and sticks of RAM. A pink rubber eraser works fine and is non-destructive cleaning method (unlike sanding).

Thanks, I'll try that before dissassembling the computer.
You were of great help, much appreciated, I hope I can do you the same some day.

2 weeks later
#7 2 years ago

OK, here's an update for those of you who could have the same problem later on.....
I cleaned the connector contacts on the prism card and sticks of RAM as Forceflow mentioned but I used contact cleaner with a clean rag, reconnected everything and no more purple lines. Thanks for your help Forceflow, I appreciate it a lot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

7,500 (OBO)
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-monitor-problems and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.