• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1_H+V_Kit (resized).jpg
HV-PCI (resized).jpg

#1 10 months ago

Hi All! Creating a post to show off my newly redesigned Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner. For those not familiar, my Sync Combiner enables swapping out the original tube monitor in a Pinball 2000 game with a VGA flat panel monitor.

My original version has been around since 2015 and has helped hundreds of RFM and SWE1 owners connect a VGA flat panel monitor to their Pinball 2000 computer.

My new Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner is a custom-designed PCI card that pre-processes the original CGA video signal for up-convert to VGA. My design incorporates a USB type A port that is used to deliver power to the required GBS8200 up-convert board. This eliminates the need to install a PCI USB card - good news because they are no longer manufactured. Here is a graphic depicting an overview of the simple installation procedure (detailed installation pictures are posted on my web site):

Simple Installation Procedure

You can choose to buy just the combiner or you can purchase a kit that includes the needed GBS up-converter and a VGA cable. Both are available now through my Pinside shop or via my web site (https://www.kahr.us)

Contents of the Kit vs the Combiner

Finally, If you have one of my original H+V Video Sync Combiners there is no reason to upgrade.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#2 10 months ago

If I'm reading this correctly, the whole kit (card and GBS8200) is $40? My CRT is working great, and has a video amp, but if it ever dies I'm not sure I want to take on the entire nucore/pinbox project. This could be a good backup.

#3 10 months ago
Quoted from cabuford:

If I'm reading this correctly, the whole kit (card and GBS8200) is $40? My CRT is working great, and has a video amp, but if it ever dies I'm not sure I want to take on the entire nucore/pinbox project. This could be a good backup.

$45 in my Pinside shop for the card. $79 for the kit with the GBS.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#4 10 months ago
Quoted from rkahr:

$45 in my Pinside shop for the card. $79 for the kit with the GBS.
-Rob

Ah, I had to click on expand to see both of those options. Duh. Thanks!

#5 10 months ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Ah, I had to click on expand to see both of those options. Duh. Thanks!

Yea, I author my own web site so sometimes it's not exactly like the shopping carts you find on other sites. Someday I guess I'll have to migrate to something more mainstream. Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee ball

3 months later
#6 7 months ago

Many thanks! I moved and my new game room will be in the basement, accessed via a steep stairway (old 1910 home!) so hauling that heavy CRT down stairs is not going to be an option.
So I just ordered your kit and loooking forward to putting RFM on an LCD diet!

2 weeks later
#7 6 months ago

Hi Rob, I am ready to install the original kit I bought a few years back. Do the LED monitors turn on when the game is powered up like CRT? Any suggested types to buy. I have the SWE1 pinball machine.

Regards
Mark

#8 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballMark:

Hi Rob, I am ready to install the original kit I bought a few years back. Do the LED monitors turn on when the game is powered up like CRT? Any suggested types to buy. I have the SWE1 pinball machine.
Regards
Mark

Mark,

Re: power, yes, most seem to wake when powered on and drop into standby if no video signal is present. Just wire the monitor's power like the CRT was wired so the game's power switch controls it. I've used quality older 4:3 ratio monitors I picked up at used computer stores. I think I have an NEC installed right now - it works great and cost something like $10. I've been thinking of doing a video showing how I mounted the monitor too.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

2 months later
#9 4 months ago

Rob,
Just a note to let you know that I installed the Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner and GBS8200 into my RFM and I must say, its a fantastic solution for installing an LCD monitor. I was a little worried about the doing the settings on the GBS8200 but went in all good and without any picture adjustment needed whatsoever! Maybe i'm just lucky.
I have the LCD monitor mounting kit which makes the whole thing so simple to do.
Well done and thanks!
regards Cliff

3 months later
#10 26 days ago

rkahr
hello rob
is it also possible for us europeans to order this set from you ??
and what would be the cost
I also would like to convert my rfm as my crt screen is starting to get very bad

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside