(Topic ID: 151062)

Pinball 2000 conversion/build Help/Suggestions

By bax

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I have a SWEP1 conversion kit I planned on using with my RFM. I have had my buddies SWEP1 at my house over the past couple years so have had no need to mess with the conversion.

Long story short is the game was popular with my kids and I would like to use my conversion kit to construct a stand alone SWEP1.

Has anyone done this before? I would need everything but the playfield, daughter board and prism card. Any thoughts on where or if those items could be located?

Would I be better off trying to find a beat up version to swap playfield into? Anyone have any leads?

Lots of questions. I appreciate any leads or suggestions.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks .

I had actually followed the shooter rod/ plunger thread. I do have the shooter rod required for the SWEP1. I looked into the housing Borygard was making also. But is was out of stock then and seems to still be out of stock.

Perhaps I can fab one myself and the swap would not feel so daunting?

Thanks for the links.

#4 8 years ago

I would source Nucore or Pinbox and then just buy a driver board/Power Supply. You still would have to buy quite a few parts but many of those would show up in a Pinball2k Cabinet. I potentially have a Working Computer from a SWE1 that I MIGHT sell (its HUO)

#5 8 years ago

Jamieflowers.

Thanks a lot. I was thinking trying to find a cabinet might be a direction to try. I would be interested in your computer.
If you are interested in selling please shoot me a PM and we can try to work something out.

Thanks

#6 8 years ago

I did this mod to avoid changing the shooter rod and plunger button when changing play fields. Combines both the button and shooter rod at all times.

Youtube Video :

BLOG :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/mod-install-revenge-from-mars-installing-and-using-a-shooter-rod-and-auto-plunger-together-in-rfm/

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/using%20a%20shooter%20rod%20and%20auto%20plunge%20rfm.html

#7 8 years ago

I also have a complete computer. It's a complete stock metal box with power supply, motherboard, sound board, etc., minus the prism/daughter sandwich card.

It sounds like you are creating a lot of extra work, though. As you mentioned, you probably would be better off buying a routed SWE1 for around $2k and selling the extra pf and prism/daughter and you probably be out less than $1k total.

#8 8 years ago

I think you are right on the routed SWE1. I guess right now I am just trying to see what is available and if I was missing anything obvious.
The other option is to do the shooter rod/plunger conversion and have another computer already loaded w SWE1 prism and daughter. I would think switching out the computer box and playfield might take as long as it takes to switch prism card/daughter board by itself. And I would in theory have a back up computer?

#9 8 years ago

If you a spare prism/daughter sandwich, I would not even buy another one and just do the swap. The entire pf switchover takes less than 5 minutes. It only takes 1 minute to remove the translight, slide the computer out and it tilts down, open the lid, pull out the prism/daughter and replace. Removing the pf takes about 2 minutes to open door, remove lockdown, slide glass out, pull and unplug pf. The switch plunger out with a couple screws, put other pf in and plug in. I only did mine a few times and I had no problem doing it in 5 minutes.

Then I just left the other pf in box under a row of pins out of the way. Think of it as freeing up space for another title.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-conversionbuild-helpsuggestions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.