• Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20190227-210828 (resized).png
IMG_20190224_125959 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190223_040204 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Yes, many. I'm actually about to resurrect one that I started and attempt to complete it. All I can tell you is the computer I am using is an HP Compaq AMD 64. It ran, but the onboard sound was not working correctly, mostly noises. I installed a SoundBlaster card and reinstalled the software from the ground up and then the sound worked. I intend to use the existing CRT so I have a video converter card on order to try out.

#4 5 years ago

Yeah, a little older - but not ancient. Dell small form factors like the Optiplex line seem to work. Being a horizontal case they can be fit into the mounting location better than a upright desktop. You also need a parallel port to run to the driver board. I can't guarantee anything - as I am just experimenting right now. The software is out there: both Pinbox bootleg and NuCore which has been made available for download. You'll also need an external audio amplifier if converting from the original hardware to a PC.

Oh, and I will be also using a solid state drive so that I can nudge!

#5 5 years ago

Ok. Far down the rabbit hole now. The actual computer I am using is an HP Compaq dc5750 Small Form Factor. I was going to use a PC to Arcade board to keep the original CRT, but it didn't work very well, and the monitor started going wonky went I went to backtrack. So now I am going with an LCD monitor, that's on order. Gutted the head and figuring out where to put things. I just received my audio amplifier yesterday and it works nicely.

IMG_20190223_040204 (resized).jpgIMG_20190223_040204 (resized).jpg
#9 5 years ago

Mounted PC and LED strip lamp. Just need the monitor to arrive.

IMG_20190224_125959 (resized).jpgIMG_20190224_125959 (resized).jpg
#14 5 years ago

Happy Hour! Back up and running with new PC, Pinbox, sound system, and 22" widescreen LCD!

Screenshot_20190227-210828 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190227-210828 (resized).png
#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Pbpins:

Can you use any of the micro form factor Dell PC’s like the Optiplex 5050’s or 7050’s?

Probably, but can't be certain. Somewhere I read that AMDs were not recommended, but I used one anyways because that is what I had on hand. It is an HP Compaq dc5750 Athlon 64 X2 2.0 GHz. Works great, but like I said, I had to install an aftermarket Soundblaster card because the onboard sound was garbled. You might find the onboard sound on a Dell to work, but there are so many models so no guarantees.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Can you share further details on the monitor and how got this all going on a PC?
Thanks.

The monitor I chose is a Dell P2214H IPS 22". I temporarily set it up from inside the back of the back box, where the original monitor sat, but since it does not fit into the cutout for the original monitor, I was not happy with how the image was lining up and sitting too far back. I had to have the monitor mounted on the other side of the cutout above the glass to put the image in a better position. My mounting is all DIY.

Getting the game on a PC isn't super complicated. It's a Linux based iso. The only problem is it won't run "out of the box" until some code/configuration lines are modified.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (OBO)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000-1?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.