Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by B9
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

Been playing Revenge from mars at a local golf driving range.At first I did not like the game play and thought it was too dark at the top of the game, but now I am starting to admire the technology and holographic display with the virtual targets that explode!Are their any game-code updates or new mods for RFM.Wish Stern would do a holographic display integrated into a more pinball like pin.Any thoughts guys? Stern would do good to listen to us pinheads as it would be in their best interest!

#2 14 years ago

just my 2 cents- but I feel the pin 2000 games is what finally killed williams,
perhaps if Stern jumps in that pool they may also go under?

#3 14 years ago

Disagree with you on this one, Autumnfade, you should really watch "Tilt!" - a movie about the rise and fall of pinball 2000. It's not the game or the concept that killed WMS, it were the suits and ties, upper management, bad decisions and bad timing (the dotcom bubble).

Stern should definately try a "wild and new" concept like pin2k, anything to renew general interest in pinball. Or they might go down and that would really suck.

#4 14 years ago

Tilt is a good movie. I got and watched it for free from the local library.

You all know I sold my RFM Pin2000. It was nice but way to much eye candy for me. I guess I'm just an old pinhead at heart. (The big bucks I got for it was nice though).

#5 14 years ago

YES SIRS! Tilt is probably the best information out there at the moment about pin2000. And I agree as well. The pin2000 was an awesome concept and it sold and made Williams money! They sold over 10,000 units of RFM! They turned over a profit and it was going great! Once they got into that Star Wars LICENSE and had to raise the price of a machine to pay for that, THAT'S what killed them. There were license and distribution problems with that line of machine and the greedy "suit and ties" were making oodles of money with the gambling machines so they pulled the plug on the pinball line, probably to set up another gambling machine production line as well could be another reason.

Once you purchased the 'base' machine you could change out the playfield,software and signage marquee's to put in different games to the cabinet. Kind of a jamma type of system (like the arcade games used to be). I would love to own a RFM! The thing is, no one wants to sell them. I have only seen the Star Wars pin 2000's for sale around here!

#6 14 years ago

Check this out,

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=231&pg=1

http://www.pinballnews.com/news/p2kupdate.html

If I could afford a Star Wars Episode 1, I'd defo consider buying this.

#7 14 years ago

I was looking into getting a RFM to install the NuCore system but I was unsure of what new features would be developed. I know that you can add a new LCD monitor, ditch the prism card, and have an MP3 jukebox but ... We'll I figured that my money and time could be better spent elsewhere

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

7,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.