Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by L8vid
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

p101LE (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

Been trying to video Pinball 101 on DVD (for video files to download).

Looking to obtain a copy of Pinball 101. Will buy it or just want a copy. I tried http://pinballvideo.com/
    but that doesn't work. There is a copy on Amazon for like $60, but that's too much.

If anyone knows where I can get a copy, please PM me.

Thanks,
    Dave

#2 7 years ago

Sorry, if you wait a few weeks they'll be in stock. Had to print up another batch.
    There used to be a Pinball101 HD YouTube indefinite rental but something glitched and it's not available anymore.
    --r.e.

1 week later
    #3 7 years ago

been trying to watch somewhere as well, cant find anywhere... only a 30 minute short

1 month later
    #4 7 years ago

Sorry about the threadcromancy, but I'd love to grab a copy as well. All links seem to end up at the Pinball Collector, which is great, but I already have it. Any news on the new batch of Pinball 101 DVDs?

#5 7 years ago

I have an unopened DVD if anyone is interested. Shoot me an email at [email protected]
    -Taylor

#6 7 years ago

I may have a copy as well. I'll look tonight. Any interest contact me.

2 months later
    #7 6 years ago

Pinball 101 DVD is back in stock, available here:
    https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/randyelwin

and probably other online sites such as Amazon.

Here's the new disc color:

p101LE (resized).jpgp101LE (resized).jpg

6 months later
    #8 6 years ago

Is there still a chance for 'Pinball 102' to be released?

#9 6 years ago

No, but you can download the clips available and burn'em to a DVD:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEA2l5-0WRK-ofEctv0cmefMA10xOywG

#10 6 years ago

Thank you!
    I expected that
    No one seems to buy dvd's anymore. But me I still prefer to 'own' a movie in reality instead of streaming or whatever.

Please tell the Elwin-Family me and my friends laughed tears watching 'Proper Pinball-Etiquette'
    The dvd is great fun!

#11 6 years ago

I think there used to be an app in the apple App Store with all the clips too wasn't there?

#12 6 years ago

Pinball 101 on the "apple App Store" was retired due to old OS 4, and apple didn't like us selling videos as apps.

As much as I'd like to kick out a quality pinball DVD each year it's really a big effort without a big return. And the plethora of free video available these days means pinball play video won't really stand out anymore.
    I'd offer to sell low-budget DVD-R's but my disc printer crapped out over a year ago and I'm not about to sell hand-lettered discs cause my handwriting sucks... (sorry for sounding crabby but I've had a stupid head cold all week )

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

Pinball 101 on the "apple App Store" was retired due to old OS 4, and apple didn't like us selling videos as apps.
    As much as I'd like to kick out a quality pinball DVD each year it's really a big effort without a big return. And the plethora of free video available these days means pinball play video won't really stand out anymore.
    I'd offer to sell low-budget DVD-R's but my disc printer crapped out over a year ago and I'm not about to sell hand-lettered discs cause my handwriting sucks... (sorry for sounding crabby but I've had a stupid head cold all week )

How about just getting the original video on one of the streaming sites like amazon video, YT, itunes, etc? Its ashame we can't send people to your great content anymore.. even if it just gives a small residual for you.

#14 6 years ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

We use Kunaki.com for our Pins and Vids DVD (www.pinsandvids.com). Just upload your stuff there and they make them on demand. Looks just like a DVD you'd get at Best Buy. Even Shrink wrapped. PM me your address and I'll have one sent to you.

They even will process payments via your PayPal account, so it's really simple.

1 week later
    #15 6 years ago

Ok, I reconsidered. There'll be a Pinball 102 DVD available next month. Content consists of 16 rules and tips on various pins (mostly available on YouTube) and gameplay -- over 1-1/2 hours of pinball goodness. And no little pin-car...

#16 6 years ago

Please post a link where to buy it when it becomes available! Been hoping for a sequel!

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from L8vid:

Ok, I reconsidered. There'll be a Pinball 102 DVD available next month. Content consists of 16 rules and tips on various pins (mostly available on YouTube) and gameplay -- over 1-1/2 hours of pinball goodness. And no little pin-car...

Excellent!!! Very much looking forward to it!!

-Steve

1 month later
    #21 6 years ago

Any chance of something digital? I no longer have any DVD players.

#23 6 years ago
    Quoted from pintechev:

Any chance of something digital? I no longer have any DVD players.

You can watch a bunch of Pinball 102 chapters here:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrEA2l5-0WRK-ofEctv0cmefMA10xOywG

#24 6 years ago

Are you going to make Pinball 101 available on Kunaki.com also? It would be great to be able to order both 101 and 102 together.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from ita47:

Are you going to make Pinball 101 available on Kunaki.com also? It would be great to be able to order both 101 and 102 together.

No, not for awhile. Pinball 101 is a traditional "glass-mastered" DVD whereas Kunaki sells on-demand DVD-R copies. When the latest batch of Pinball 101 is depleted we'll then consider the cheaper Kunaki fab/distribution.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-101-dvd-or-video-files?hl=billrz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.