14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by tomdotcom
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AGF00019.JPG
    #1 14 years ago

Hi pinball fans, thought i'd share some thoughts on the Pinball 101 DVD. I got it this week and watched it as soon as possible, I've just put it on again for my son to watch. I think it's great, plenty to learn with all those flipper skills, close ups and it's great that they're repeated in slow motion all with excellent commentry. I will defo be practising on my loop pass skills now to improve my scores.
    The game tips section on certain machines is great, but would be better if I had any of those machines.
    And that Billy Button Pusher is hilarious, because it's so true.
    There IS so much more to this DVD, and I think it's been put together very well, entertaining and factual, well worth the slightly high price tag I paid, and I think this DVD will be well recieved by every one in the pinball community and maybe a few who aren't.

Buy it, enjoy it.

#2 14 years ago

Sounds very interesting. Where do you buy it from ?

#3 14 years ago

Woof.

#4 14 years ago

Go to http://www.pinballvideo.com/ to order it. I wish it had some more gameplay action though....and I think it has too much "filling" in between, five minutes of magnetism clips from old school movies isn´t nessesary in my opinion. Other then that it´s good.

#5 14 years ago

Thanks for the review and info. All these avatars of pets makes me have to post a picture of mine from just a couple years ago.

AGF00019.JPGAGF00019.JPG

#6 14 years ago

Hi yes I got my copy from Pinball heaven UK, also they are selling them on ebay too. At the same time I got the 2010 PinGame Journal Calendar, that is really cool aswell.

I Am a pin geek and proud.

Aaaahhhhh that's so sweet Brokedad (please Don't change your avatar).

#7 14 years ago

I won't change the avatar ... I think it makes me who I am. BTW .. she's grown into those big feet and then some. Her name is Ayly and she's my second best friend next to the Mrs. although she still competes for that position in the "pack".

#8 14 years ago

Yeah, I've had the DVD for a couple of months and I really like it. It's pretty enjoyable.

1 month later
    #9 14 years ago

I bought this for the wife since she has started playing the LOTR and thinks it's fun. Didn't care much for the Meteor. I also figured I might learn something, which I did. We watched it tonight since there was nothing good on. Very well done. She now "gets it," why I do what I do with the flippers. She was so excited she finally broke into the 20 mil mark. There is only about 10-15 minutes of instruction, but the rest of the film is entertaining just to watch. I like the "Ball cam" shots done by the micro car, what a great idea. Makes me want to play all those cool pins.

#10 14 years ago

Some of the tips were ok, if you are new to pinball. I thought it was highly overrated. I watched it once and gave it away to a pinball buddy....my girlfriend liked the part about poor sport MORT haha..that's her

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-101-dvd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.