(Topic ID: 128646)

Pinapalooza: Two days of pinball and camping!

By KevInBuffalo

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by drgnlair
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinapaloozaflyer.png
    #1 8 years ago

Two days of pinball presented by the Western New York Pinball League. Qualifying on Saturday noon to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 9 to noon. Sunday will also have playoffs and loser bracket. Plenty of room for camping and we are planning some other great surprises!

Preregister by sending $15 via PayPal to [email protected] and get two free entries!

For more information, visit http://www.wnypinball.com

pinapaloozaflyer.pngpinapaloozaflyer.png

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Do I have to be there both days?
    A: No, you can come anytime on Saturday, starting at noon and/or you can come Sunday from 9am - noon.

Q: I can camp there?
    A: Yes! Camping on site is included in the $15 admission cost. Bring a tent, lawn games, food/beverages, etc. It's going to be a party!

Q: I'm new to pinball. Should I come?
    A: Yes! We will have a "B" Division for new players to compete in.

Q: Will there be games to play that aren't part of the tournament?
    A: Yes! Yet another reason you should come. Plus those pinball machines are set to free play!

Q: How does the tournament format work?
    A: Players try to qualify for the playoffs on Sunday by purchasing entry tickets and playing five of the eight machines in the "bank" of machines. For example, say that the A division bank has: Iron Man, AC/DC, Harlem Globetrotters, Attack from Mars, Metallica, Monopoly, Avatar, and Elvira. You would need to play at least five of these machines. Your scores on these machines are then compared to the scores that everyone else puts up on Saturday and Sunday. You're then awarded points based on your performance. A certain percentage of players with the most points will be in the playoffs.

Q: Is there a restriction on what division you can play in?
    A: Players with a ranking less than 2,000 are restricted to A division and cannot play in the B division. However, any player, regardless of rank, can play in A.

Q: How many entries can I buy?
    A: As many as you want.

Q: How much money should I bring?
    A: This varies. It will cost you at least $25 ($15 for the entry fee then $10 for a total of 5 entries, which is what you'll need in order to put in a full ticket for the tournament). After that point, you can keep trying to improve your performance by playing the machines again and again at a cost $2 per attempt.

Q: How many players will go on to the playoffs?
    A: This will be announced shortly, but roughly 25% of the entrants.

Q: Why is there a $15 entrance fee, plus $2 per entry?
    A: The $15 entrance fee is used to cover cost of the porta-potty ($125), machine maintenance (10%), trophies, and the rest will go towards the prize pool. All $2 entry fee money will go towards the prize pool.

The hosts, Bruce and Kathie Nightingale, generously have opened up their amazing collection of pinball machines for two days to everyone, in addition to letting a large amount of people camp on their property. They do not profit on this and donate a considerable amount of time to make this happen - be sure to thank them.

#2 8 years ago

I'd go to this if remotely close

Bump for a fun sounding event

#3 8 years ago

how cool

#4 8 years ago

Google says population 1500. Can the town handle the crowd?

#5 8 years ago

Fewer people, more room for tents.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I'd go to this if remotely close
    Bump for a fun sounding event

I'll be there. No excuses.

#7 8 years ago

Yes the town can handle it. lol We are 30 min from Rochester NY,20 min from the NY state thruway. We have tons of room for tenting. We are going for a big event.

#8 8 years ago

come a day early and check out the boardwalk arcade exhibit at the national museum of play!

http://www.museumofplay.org/exhibits/boardwalk-arcade

if you've never been, it's well worth the trip. lots of gamer nostalgia

#9 8 years ago

Pinball and ..... camping? Is this a first? For some reason I'm having the flash thought of how FG animated the discovery of chocolate and peanut butter and wonder if you should have kept this great idea to yourself

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Atomicboy:

Pinball and ..... camping? Is this a first? For some reason I'm having the flash thought of how FG animated the discovery of chocolate and peanut butter and wonder if you should have kept this great idea to yourself

Nonsense!

2 weeks later
    #11 8 years ago

The next games announced for Pinapaoolza are
    Indiana Jones for A and Monster Bash for B

So here is the running total so far
    A. 1 AC/DC
    2. Indiana Jones (Williams)
    B. 1.Star Trek
    2. Monster Bash

We are still taking pre registration till June 26th. Save 4 bucks on 2 game entries pre registering.
    http://www.wnypinball.com

#12 8 years ago

The next games announced for Pinapaoolza are
    A Monopoly
    B Avatar
    We did have to take out Hotdoggin And replaced with Paragon.
    So here are the games so far.
    A.Division
    1. AC/DC
    3. Paragon ( was Hotdoggin, but Failed in testing last night)
    4. Monopoly
    B.Division
    1. Star Trek
    2. Monster Bash
    3. Future Spa
    4. Avatar

We are still taking Pre-registrations till the 24th. We have 19 people Pre registered. We are buying the food for next week. So if you plan on coming,please pre register,so we know how much food to plan for.
    The menu will be Hot dogs and hamburgers with water and soda and chips.Looking forward to seeing everyone in 6 days

#13 8 years ago

The next 2 games are announced.
    A. Lord of the Rings
    B. World Poker Tour
    We are still taking pre register signups till the 26th.3 more games to go for each bank. 2 more will be announced. The last will be a surprise.
    Don't forget A Division is the Only Division that gets IFPA Points.
    You can change you pick of Division before playing your first Game. Please PM me or ask at the door.
    A.Division
    1. AC/DC
    3. Paragon ( was Hotdoggin, but Failed in testing)
    4. Monopoly
    5. Elvira
    6. Lord Of the Rings
    B.Division
    1. Star Trek
    2. Monster Bash
    3. Future Spa
    4. Avatar
    5 .Scared Stiff
    6. World Poker Tour

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinapalooza-two-days-of-pinball-and-camping and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.