(Topic ID: 201488)

Pin2K SWEP1 Version 0.4? Is this a legit version?

By ryan98011

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by billsfanmd
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3930 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_3923 (resized).JPG

#1 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

New member here - first post!

I need help with a Star Wars Episode 1 I recently picked up. I am planning to upgrade the software to the latest 1.4 version. When I check the current version it shows 0.4 in the System Information screen. Do any of you know if this is a super early version or a glitch?

I've only seen revision history changes starting from v1.0 - is this something I should be concerned with preserving before I upgrade?

Thanks, Ryan

IMG_3923 (resized).JPG

#2 2 years ago

Is it maybe a prototype or sample game? What's the serial number?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is it maybe a prototype or sample game? What's the serial number?

Thanks for the reply! Serial number is 53369102428 so I believe it was number 2428 off the line. Odd that it would have such old software - any other ideas?

#4 2 years ago

One of my developer flash prismcards has SWE1 version 0.43 but I didn't checked it very well yet.

image (resized).jpeg

Version 1.4 isn't the last, there is also 1.5 and a never released 1.6 out there...

#5 2 years ago

Thanks Wizboy - so is it possible I also have a developer-flashed PRISM Card? Is this something worth saving or should I just flash it?

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from ryan98011:

Thanks Wizboy - so is it possible I also have a developer-flashed PRISM Card? Is this something worth saving or should I just flash it?

Does your prism looks like that attached photo?

If you don't have the development tools than there is no need for it. But I would be very interestedin it!!!

image (resized).jpeg

#8 2 years ago

I don't have the separator tool so I don't want to take it apart but it looks like the memory chips are socketed if that is what you are looking for. The surface mount memory chips are more uncommon right?

IMG_3930 (resized).JPG

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from ryan98011:

I don't have the separator tool so I don't want to take it apart but it looks like the memory chips are socketed if that is what you are looking for. The surface mount memory chips are more uncommon right?

That is the retail prism, nithing special.

Your version 0.4 is the lowest version which they burned into the eproms. You will ever fallback to that version if your battery is low or dying.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Wizboy:

That is the retail prism, nithing special.
Your version 0.4 is the lowest version which they burned into the eproms. You will ever fallback to that version if your battery is low or dying.

Thanks very much! That would be explain it - the battery is probably dead. Do you know where I can find a separator tool or something that will work as good so that I can replace the CR2032?

#11 2 years ago

Thanks again for all the help! I replaced the BR2325 battery on the PRISM card today and upgraded to v1.4 with no issues. 1.5 and never released 1.6 versions were mentioned earlier in this thread - does anybody know where I can get them? Planetary Pinball only goes to v1.4.

#12 2 years ago

I think 5 is on the internet pinball database?
I just went to 5, so much better on the A/V side. I wish we could find 6.
Is it time for a SWEP1 club in the forum? My next project is getting my game on the web and on the tournament server.

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

I think 5 is on the internet pinball database?
I just went to 5, so much better on the A/V side. I wish we could find 6.
Is it time for a SWEP1 club in the forum? My next project is getting my game on the web and on the tournament server.

Thanks for the tip! Went to IPDB and downloaded the v1.5 Pub updater but I don't have a PUB card. Anybody have the v1.5 exe for the Pin2000 Update Manager software?

#16 2 years ago

Is one of those a version 2.0 for SWEP1???

#17 2 years ago

0.40 is the rare non Jar Jar version.. lol I wish

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Is one of those a version 2.0 for SWEP1???

It is a rewritten 1.3 to test the missing "Questionmark Mission" which can normally only be seen in the game menu statistic...

#19 2 years ago

someone start a SWE1 club page

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Mirage, CA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
2,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Herndon, VA
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 50.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside