Linked Games

Topic poll

“Rfm or sw ep 1”

• Rfm 33 votes
    89%
  • sw ep 1 4 votes
    11%

(37 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Hello!
I have the 3 CGC remakes, and am planning on getting the next one. However, I have a perfect place for a Pin2K and would like one in my collection.

I know RFM is rated much higher, my question is in my smaller collection (which includes AFM) should I go for a SW ep 1 or a RFM?

Thanks!
Richard

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Safecracker and SMB mushroom world may be worth looking into as well. Both are pretty similar in size.

Ohh I didn’t know safe cracker was shorter as well?
I knew smb was
Thanks!

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Food for thought: Pinball 2000 playfield is 43" long, which was an inch longer than pre-1988 Williams Games at 42". It's only 3" shorter than Williams games after 1988 which measure 46". The over-the-playfield backbox gives the illusion that the playfield is much shorter than it actually is.

Ohh ok. I was comparing it to my AFM which is listed at 58” long (total) and the rfm I see listed at (48” long total - some say 50”).
I need something around that length so it doesn’t stick out to far in my seating area - my wife wouldn’t like that!

So a Eight Ball Deluxe for example would only be 1” longer in total length?
Thanks!

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I have a RFM and SWE1 kit. SWE1 is in it now and gets the most interest besides SS when people are over.
SWE1 has a few terrible modes that that has nothing to do with the movie. I’m sure was the result of Lucas being secretive of any plot points being leaked. In that sense the game seem lacking however it’s not the worst playing game I’ve ever played.
RFM is much much better pin. It’s a fan layout and a decent playing pin. Fun Sounds, music, modes which aren’t that difficult but aren’t easy. If you like AFM you’ll like more of it with RFM. A worthy sequel IMO. Applejack has made updates to the code to include a shaker and fixed the update process for newer PC OSs.
These were the first pins in a new platform and weren’t perfect. The potential was cut short. If you ever have a chance to watch “Tilt: The battle to save pinball” about the making of Pinball2000 is amazing documentary.

Right! Where can I watch that? Or best to just buy the DVD from eBay?

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

I like both games and owned a HUO SWE1 for a long time. I would likely have both games in my collection now except for one thing - they are both insanely hard to move! So much so that I will never own one again. You can take the head off, but it's still a monstrous task unless you have help. I'll move anything heavy and never have problems doing it, but these 2 machines still haunt my dreams!

Haha, if you replace the monitor with a lcd maybe that would solve that problem? Or is there more to it than that?

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

It definitely would have helped, but since it was HUO the CRT was so gorgeous I didn't want to replace it.

Ohh OK. Does a crt look better in this than a lcd?

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. It makes the animation look smoother and more 3D. LCD makes everything look jagged-edged and flat...and often fat due to the 16:9 aspect ratio monitor being used instead of 4:3.

Ok! Makes sense.

#38 2 years ago

You can also buy Tilt on Apple TV for $8.99

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 79.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 234.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Cento Creations

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Richard-NBA-SF2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2k-sw-vs-rfm-buying-advice-?tu=Richard-NBA-SF2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.