(Topic ID: 139413)

Pin2k RFM Monitor Issue

By knockerlover

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I'm having an issue with my RFM (wells-gardner k7302) monitor where the picture shakes when the ball is up in the pop bumpers, i.e. jostles/vibrates the cabinet. I've just done a complete recap and reflowed the solder on all of the header pins, but that still didn't solve the issue. I think, I've at least isolated it to a problem on the main board as I can replicate it when I lightly tap on it's mounting plate. I think my next thing to try will be replacing the flyback, but I wanted to check with the forums to see if there were other ideas out there before throwing money at it! Here is a video of the issue:

#2 8 years ago

Check the klov forums. They have a monitor repair section. Doesn't look like a flyback issue. Looks like a cold solder joint. Check components in the horizontal width circuit.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for pointing me to the HW circuit, as soon as you said that it made sense but I hadn't put it together. Found a cold solder joint on a capacitor, and reflowed.. bam.. issue gone. THANKS!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

7,500 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2k-rfm-monitor-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.