Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by KoP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I want to replace the battery on my Pin2k because it's keeping time poorly, which probably indicates it's quite old.

On my Pin2k motherboard, the battery has a tiny (very small) plastic tab and a larger metal clip. I poked around and it wasn't obvious how to get the battery out. I haven't seen a motherboard with the metal clip before, so I thought I'd ask.

I suspect it's quite simple. Any thoughts are welcome!

... Altan

#2 9 years ago

There are a few different types of motherboard used. I replaced mine and it was pretty straightforward. though it is held in there pretty tightly. The plastic clip is what was retaining my battery.

There is also a battery on the prism card you should replace. That is a little tricky.

Here is a repair reference site for P2K:
http://www.videopenny.com/pinball/pinrepair/pin2000/index.htm

#3 9 years ago

Thanks.

I got the old battery out and measured the voltage... it was pretty good. 2.97V or so. I'm suspicious this wasn't the cause for poor time. I'll see how the time is after a few days or so.

I'm wondering if a previous owner didn't replace the battery and bend the metal tab so it's not pushing down enough of the battery to make solid contact.

#4 9 years ago

Maybe a silly question, but does a pin2000 machine really need an accurate time / date?

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from Pins4me:

Maybe a silly question, but does a pin2000 machine really need an accurate time / date?

Not that I'm aware. But since this battery is basically a PC battery, I suspect it holds typical PC CMOS settings and it's best to keep it happy. Or at least that's my guess!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks.
I got the old battery out and measured the voltage... it was pretty good. 2.97V or so. I'm suspicious this wasn't the cause for poor time. I'll see how the time is after a few days or so.
I'm wondering if a previous owner didn't replace the battery and bend the metal tab so it's not pushing down enough of the battery to make solid contact.

IIRC you have to replace the battery on the prismcard to keep the time correct.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

7,500 (OBO)
4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, PA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 84.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2k-motherboard-battery-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.