You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B01C21A2-EE27-442F-AA0A-1E16143FE971 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
A5D668BC-264A-4C2A-8BE7-E256B1F8B361 (resized).jpeg
#1 2 years ago

Buddy gave me a pin2dmd to try out on my data East games. Using an arcade switching power supply I had it hooked up to just 5v. Got it configured for data east and plugged ribbon cable from lah into it and no data transfers. Is the board toast or is there something I’m missing? Tried with enhance on and off still nothing. Any ideas?

A5D668BC-264A-4C2A-8BE7-E256B1F8B361 (resized).jpegA5D668BC-264A-4C2A-8BE7-E256B1F8B361 (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Nice worktable.
Bump!

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Nice worktable.
Bump!

Lol it’s cleared back off and playing

#4 2 years ago

bump to see if anyone knows of any tricks with the old pin2dmd set ups.

#5 2 years ago

Do you have an activated license (i.e. did your friend ever have it setup on a real pinball machine - if so we would have needed to purchase/activate the license from what I recall).

See DEVICE ACTIVIATION section here: https://pin2dmd.com/installation

#6 2 years ago

Make sure you have the licence key installed, and then you are in the right mode. If it's showing the splash screen, it's pretty much working.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Do you have an activated license (i.e. did your friend ever have it setup on a real pinball machine - if so we would have needed to purchase/activate the license from what I recall).
See DEVICE ACTIVIATION section here: https://pin2dmd.com/installation

Claims it was

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

Make sure you have the licence key installed, and then you are in the right mode. If it's showing the splash screen, it's pretty much working.

Thank you. Will mess with it some more

#9 2 years ago

Getting to messing with this again and did test input. Pin 11 closed. Also I can’t find the jumper settings to make sure if they are correct. For right now I have it hooked up to an arcade switching power supply and everything hooked up to 5v and ground

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10 2 years ago

Test rs232 says loop error. Tried firmware update but said invalid. Upon start up it says 4.24. Any advise?

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

did test input. Pin 11 closed.

Are you sure you did it as described on pin2dmd.com and in this video ?

Which game did you try it in ? Some DE games need Whitestar mode .

Quoted from Bax1:

Tried firmware update but said invalid.

The you have a corrupt or wrong update file
Try downloading again using this link
https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/raw/master/firmware/latest/V4%20NUCLEO-144/PIN2DMD.upd

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Are you sure you did it as described on pin2dmd.com and in this video ?
Which game did you try it in ? Some DE games need Whitestar mode .

The you have a corrupt or wrong update file
Try downloading again using this link
https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD/raw/master/firmware/latest/V4%20NUCLEO-144/PIN2DMD.upd

There is no jumper in that connector. I believe I have it hooked up and set up right. I have it testing on lah and got the firmware update from the pin2dmd link

#13 2 years ago

lucky1 used your link and got it updated to 4.35. Thank you. Still no data coming through. Here is all that’s on my sd card

B01C21A2-EE27-442F-AA0A-1E16143FE971 (resized).jpegB01C21A2-EE27-442F-AA0A-1E16143FE971 (resized).jpeg
#14 2 years ago

I did rename the first two files but still not getting anything coming through

#15 2 years ago

The colorization files need to be named pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq !!!
Please got into the Onscreen Menu and initiate a reset config and save config.
That way you make sure you don´t have messed up something in the settings and the device is set to auto detection.
Please check if that works.
If not please change the device mode to DataEast and
if that also does not work please change to Whitestar.

Quoted from Bax1:

There is no jumper in that connector.

Of course not. Normally you connect the DMD cable there. The Jumper is just needed for testing.

1 week later
#16 2 years ago

lucky1 I did change the file names before I turned it on. Just getting back to seeing what is going on. I am getting palette uid err on bootup.

#17 2 years ago

Possible that the sd card has an issue?

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

lucky1 I did change the file names before I turned it on. Just getting back to seeing what is going on. I am getting palette uid err on bootup.

Palette UID ERR means that the colorization is generated for a different hardware serial number. Contact the author of the colorarization. Only he can generate the correct files for your hardware.

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Palette UID ERR means that the colorization is generated for a different hardware serial number. Contact the author of the colorarization. Only he can generate the correct files for your hardware.

Thank you sir. Will do some more digging on this. really hoping I can get it working.

#20 2 years ago

got the correct files on the sd card and no more palette uid err. still will not do anything. so probably have a board issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 18.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
York, SC

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-nucleo-board-help?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.