toomanyquestionmarks.gif
shootupkicker.gif
Scene_Palette (resized).png
1506278991207-1225851891 (resized).jpg
15062788121261145101925 (resized).jpg
insert coins.gif
IMG_0842.GIF
IMG_0790.GIF

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#74 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

History with firmware version 4.0 I just released as beta together with a new version of the editor which supports 64 colors per frame.
http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/4609-pin2dmd-colorprism-v40-firmware/

If the firmware is upgraded is a new license needed or will it just use any that was there prior? Looks like a nice update!

5 months later
#135 2 years ago

I finally had a chance to try the PIN2DMD module in a SEGA Independence Day machine. It was really cool to see it working! The original DMD has one row at the bottom and two columns a the the end out. With the PIN2DMD installed it all looked good. Installed the colorization for ID4 and it definitely seemed like it was working but it seemed that I wasn't getting all the colors that were in this video:

The current Firmware on my display isn't up to date. If I update that should I be able to get the rest of the colors?

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Why don´t you just try it instead of asking ? You definitely should be able to get all the colors if everthing is set up like in the video. I would try latest firmware with latest colorization from NetzZwerg.

Because I often see posts where people try something that didn’t work then get slammed for not asking a simple question first.

Hoped that someone would be able to confirm that in order to display all the colors in a colorization you need to run the latest firmware of x,x version and above. That’s all. I’ll try to get the firmware updated on the display.

I believe I have the latest colorization for ID4 and even without all the colors it was really cool to see it working in the game.

#138 2 years ago

I have to say the firmware update on the PIN2DMD has got to be the easiest and cleanest update I've ever done! The display was at 3.17 and now it is running 4.10 Will try it in the game to see how it looks now.

#139 2 years ago

I may have missed a step somewhere or maybe I have an older colorization for ID4. My panel boots to version 4.10 now and I still see colorized versions of the display but it looks like the Palette is only using about 4 colors. Would that just be in the colorization PAL file or are there some of the settings I need to alter in the panel itself? I'm going to search to see if I can find a newer colorization for the game in the meantime.

#140 2 years ago

It looks like I was using the wrong colorization file and had the one for the virtual pins. Going to get the correct colorization and expect that will resolve the remaining issue.

#142 2 years ago

All set and working well now! What a cool project and really happy with the end result. Just need to pull out the original DMD and get this mounted to finish it up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saugerties, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 45.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
South Berwick, ME
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MA
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotworkshop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-led-color-dmd-user-colorization-projects?tu=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.