toomanyquestionmarks.gif
shootupkicker.gif
Scene_Palette (resized).png
1506278991207-1225851891 (resized).jpg
15062788121261145101925 (resized).jpg
insert coins.gif
IMG_0842.GIF
IMG_0790.GIF

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottyC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago

I'm about halfway through with Mario Bros. (bomb mode, all the ? block sequences, and castle sequences to go). It's taken a lot of time to understand the editor. It's very systematic. LOTS and LOTS of trial and error to see what works best. For the main part I've just been searching vpuniverse and reading the pin2dmd.com/editor page.

It took me a while to figure out how to get a single frame color mask to save. Ended up having to click copytonext/prev which causes a java error and then it saves or is retained. Then for whatever reason out of the blue my color palette indexes would be off by one but only when exporting to realpin. Everything in the XML everything was pointed to the correct color palette and in the editor when you look at it. Come to find out there was a duplicate color palette index and no clue how that happened. This is my experience thus far. It is a lot of fun, just takes a bit of time

1 month later
#43 6 years ago

yeah I struggled for a bit learning the new version of the editor myself. The apply palette button was moved to here (pic below). I love the additional keyframe masks, but having a hard time understanding the color masks now for scenes, as you can't copy and paste like you used to be able to. An there seems to be a new color mask mode which wasn't there before. Would be nice to have some info on each new editor when it comes out. there are occasional references to changes listed in this thread however http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2268-pin2dmd-editor/

BTW I'm nearly complete (working on the last scene now)..woohoo

Scene_Palette (resized).pngScene_Palette (resized).png

#47 6 years ago

hmm..looks like switching editors mid project might not be a good idea, as most of the stuff I did prior to the editor switch is not working. Looks like I may need to redo key frames prior to the new editor(or something else). I haven't validated this yet however. Still running FW 2.41 would that have anything to do with it?

UPDATE: Yep looks like deleting and re-adding the key frames works to restore. Nothing is working with the keyframe masks above 9 though..assuming this may be due to firmware, but will wait for confirmation.

2 weeks later
#55 6 years ago

Super Mario Bros completed (Still will be adding some additional keyframes for question block scenes, but all in due time)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-super-mario-bros

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

9,899 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Livermore, CA
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ScottyC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-led-color-dmd-user-colorization-projects?tu=ScottyC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.