1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by Mr_Tantrum
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
batwing.gif
riddlerscene2.gif
toomanyquestionmarks.gif
shootupkicker.gif
Scene_Palette (resized).png
1506278991207-1225851891 (resized).jpg
15062788121261145101925 (resized).jpg
insert coins.gif
IMG_0842.GIF
IMG_0790.GIF
IMG_0797.GIF

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 months ago

Also, I realize that I am using Pinball Browser, which is not really part of the PIN2DMD project, and want to thank you for helping me understand the how to make best use of the software. One thing I do want to emphasize is that I had no problems getting my PIN2DMD up and running, and displaying dots in my pin. Easy to find the parts, assemble, and get going. Once installed in my XM, it was easy to configure the PIN2DMD to have a nice blue palette, which complements the game very nicely.

#52 7 months ago

Thanks ! There are marked posts in the pinball browser thread which answer most of the questions
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images
If I need to copy something in pb I do it in the macro editor.

#53 7 months ago

Is anyone colorizing Batman Forever? I just picked one up and thinking of ordering an XL and doing the color but not uf someone is already working on it.

#54 7 months ago
Quoted from bpa:

Is anyone colorizing Batman Forever? I just picked one up and thinking of ordering an XL and doing the color but not uf someone is already working on it.

Something like these?!
To be honest... I'm far from complete, need a machine to test in detail and actually have really lot's of stuff to do...

BUT: I LOVE THIS GAME and as soon as I have organised some really important things and actual orders i will continue on this beast!

shootupkicker.gif

toomanyquestionmarks.gif

riddlerscene2.gif

batwing.gif

1 week later
#55 6 months ago

Super Mario Bros completed (Still will be adding some additional keyframes for question block scenes, but all in due time)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-super-mario-bros

#56 6 months ago

Ok been reading a bit on the pin2dmd and want to give it a shot. I’ve searched around but can only find the kits or complete assembled (which I prefer) displays on European sites any sellers in the US?

Don

#57 6 months ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Ok been reading a bit on the pin2dmd and want to give it a shot. I’ve searched around but can only find the kits or complete assembled (which I prefer) displays on European sites any sellers in the US?
Don

go to the pin2dmd forums on vpuniverse.com. There you will find what you seek!

#58 6 months ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Don

@ecurtz makes them

4 weeks later
#59 5 months ago
Quoted from Pintopia:

Don

Quoted from rubberducks:

ecurtz makes them

I was curious and asked him about this, but it's wrong: see his response below.

I don't sell any hardware that's compatible with the Pin2DMD software. All the software and the board layout files for the earlier Teensy based thing I did is available on my GitHub account: https://github.com/ecurtz/RGB_DMD

Please note that it does not have the palette swapping features that Pin2DMD supports because I'm in the USA and it might violate the ColorDMD patent.

2 months later
#62 3 months ago

I will be happy to send on my Tee'd Off colorization project to anyone that would like to help with getting it done and uploadable.

pasted_image (resized).png

#64 3 months ago

I am having an issue with my Pin2DMD. I have my original SD card and it seems to work perfectly. I have a second SD card and the game boots fine and displays as it should for several minutes. Then, at some point during a 5 ball game, the screen flashes and states that it is not licensed. I can continue game play, but doesn't really matter since the display is frozen with Pin2DMD logo and serial number. Cycling power fixes the issue temporarily, but as I get into another game the same result occurs. All I have on both SD cards is the license file. Any ideas on why this might be occurring, or what additional information is required to diagnose?

#65 3 months ago

Which firmware version ?
USB attached ?
Does the number differ from the original key?
What SD card size ?

#66 3 months ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Which firmware version ?
USB attached ?
Does the number differ from the original key?
What SD card size ?

I will have to get answers to all the questions, but I can tell you that it is not USB attached (installed in real pin with 12V power & DMD data ribbon), and the SD Card size that is failing is 8GB. I did just update the firmware before installing permanently in my pin around 2 weeks ago based upon your recommendation, but I don't remember exact version.

#67 3 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I will have to get answers to all the questions, but I can tell you that it is not USB attached (installed in real pin with 12V power & DMD data ribbon), and the SD Card size that is failing is 8GB. I did just update the firmware before installing permanently in my pin around 2 weeks ago based upon your recommendation, but I don't remember exact version.

Maybe the problem is coming from the sector size the card is formatted with. There are some limitations in the FATFS code I use
http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html Try to format with 512byte sector size.

#68 3 months ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Maybe the problem is coming from the sector size the card is formatted with. There are some limitations in the FATFS code I use
http://elm-chan.org/fsw/ff/00index_e.html Try to format with 512byte sector size.

I will give that a try and report back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
$ 53.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 80.00
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 24.95
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 24.50
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vernal, UT
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside