Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lucky1
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Hook Data East, 1992

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider action76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

Any updates? Same problem is happening on my Jurassic Park. I have reset to default and changed back to Data East with no change. Any thing else to try?

#6 3 years ago

No problem, thanks for the response. So I guess your problem is different than mine then? Your machine is not working at all? Mine works fine with the original plasma DMD but not with the PIN2DMD.

#8 3 years ago

No. I got it from Dan Pannell. It is an EVO board model. I have not done the input test. I was a little confused about it. So this is not a test to run while hooked to the DMD controller board to see if it is receiving signals but just to test if the PIN2DMD itself is wired correctly by jumping the pins together?

#9 3 years ago

I did the input test on the panel. I'm not sure what results I'm supposed to get but I got pins closed on 1,3,5,7,11, and 13. When I put the jumper on 9 it still said all pins open. Is this a bad connection? Is this something I can fix if it is?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveNZ:

do you see a flashing LED when the PIN2DMD is connected to the Pinball machine ribbon cable?

I can't say for 100% but I am pretty sure that the red LED is solid and not blinking.

Quoted from lucky1:

You might also try if Whitestar mode works.

I have tried it in Whitestar mode with the same result. I have also tried the DMD in a DE Star Wars and a Williams Getaway. It behaved the same way in all machines (stays on logo screen).

#15 3 years ago

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1asP8Xr_UCf8QaKzWCVEWU1KrI7m_awsb?usp=sharing

Here are the pictures.

I have tried the cable both ways just to test. I upgraded it to version 3.13 when I got it and then downgraded to 3.09 to try another since it wasn't working. It had no change in behavior.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

I recommend getting in contact with dpannel then, that he can test it and maybe replace it.

Thanks for your help. I am shipping it out to him today. He is taking care of it.

Thanks everyone!

1 week later
#22 3 years ago

Yes, you beat me to posting it lol. Dan found that C35 was bridged and corrected the issue and I am awaiting the return package in the mail. I'm so glad he was able to find the issue and fix it. Thank you to everyone for the help and especially to Dan who has been great and very helpful. He is definitely an asset to the pinball community!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 190.00
Lighting
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, PA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider action76.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-issue?tu=action76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.