Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9354 (resized).JPG
p2d (resized).JPG
IMG_9352 (resized).JPG
#1 3 years ago

Hi guys,
I'm having some issues with my pin2dmd for my roadshow.
I putted one in my road show today, and it does stay on this screen, and won't play any animations at all. I've activated the license key and don't know what to do now, it's my first pin2dmd.
who could help me out?
Regards

IMG_9352 (resized).JPGIMG_9352 (resized).JPG
#2 3 years ago

The license key file that you got when you activated has to be copied to the memory card for the pin2dmd and renamed to pin2dmd.key. If there are color files for Roadshow you will also copy those to the memory card and rename them pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal.

#3 3 years ago

Thank you ! I’ve renamed those color files for the roadshow, but didn’t for the key, I’ll try that tomorrow. But the dmd Doesn’t give the message I have to activate the license anymore

#4 3 years ago

That message doesn't always come up right away. Sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for it to display the activate message and the display id. I think that's why the newer firmware has a menu item to display the device id so you don't have to wait, that was a nice addition.

#5 3 years ago

In What firmware was that added? I’m now using 3.11 and I can open the UID menu, and find my code, also I don’t get a message from activation there

#6 3 years ago

Maybe not new, but new to me, firmware. I'm not sure what version added that menu. I built a few with 2.x firmware and had not had a reason to update until I built another display a few weeks ago.

#7 3 years ago

Firmware 4.0 is out for what its worth. I had some issues with mine early on, but I'm pretty sure it was physical solder joints. Been working fine for a while now. Trying to learn the coloring software to take my Star Wars Trilogy beyond 4 colors.

#8 3 years ago

I just put a Pin2DMD display in my Iron Man and I can't even seem to record a dump file. License key is all good, USB connected and SD card inserted on the display. I can not find the "create dump file" check box. Everything I read says it should be on the device configuration screen. I don't see it here. Please show me what I'm missing.

p2d (resized).JPGp2d (resized).JPG
#9 3 years ago

latenite04 i've renamed the key to pin2dmd.key and that didn't help anything unfortunately. this dmd isn't a self build, I ordered it at pinball.center, so I believe that solder joints wouldn't be the problem. here a picture of the back side of my DMD, I have a bright green LED on, wich means that the dmd is getting signal I thought, but I don't know for sure.

IMG_9354 (resized).JPGIMG_9354 (resized).JPG
#10 3 years ago

When I'm opening test input on my dmd itself it says pin 11 & 17 closed, is that correct?
And when I'm opening test Rs232 it says loop error. Could this be a link with my problem?

#11 3 years ago

I just checked all my pin inputs, and they Seem to be correct

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richmond, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 26.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 63.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-issue-1?hl=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.