• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4E26BBF5-E353-4C25-84B8-2288040A0079 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Hi guys,

I am doing a ton of upgrades to my Flintstones pinball (led mods to playfield, machine and houses, translite change, among others, i will share more on this process later this week for those interested) but also a pin2DMD. I have pretty much assembled it except for the 12V wires. The problem I have is that the available slots for this on the board -116,117,118- are all taken. I’ve taken a look at some YouTube videos and now my plan is to “piggyback” the pin2dmd cables with the existing cables. This is where I’d like some help to make sure I don’t fuck it somewhere.

So I bought a few “cable taps”, to merge two electrical wires together https://www.reichelt.nl/draadaftakkers-1-5-2-5-mm-nylon-blauw-we-k429006-p189369.html )

In the Pin2dmd I have a black ground cable and a red cable.

So do I need to use two cable taps for the red and black wires? The existing cables in the slot are gray and black. Does this mean I have to put the two black cables together, and the red and grey one together? Or doesn’t it matter? Help would be much appreciated!

#2 3 years ago

Just got this installed so nvm!

1 month later
#3 3 years ago

Hi, I am about to do the same thing on my flintstones. Could u plz explain where exactly u connected the power for pin2dmd? Thanks!

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from ravve:

Hi, I am about to do the same thing on my flintstones. Could u plz explain where exactly u connected the power for pin2dmd? Thanks!

For my Wpc games, I bought a 12v tap from pinball life and then built an adapter to go from the T to the 12v in on my pin2dmd evo board.

https://www.pinballlife.com/power-tap-board-for-williamsbally-wpc-era-machines.html

4E26BBF5-E353-4C25-84B8-2288040A0079 (resized).jpeg4E26BBF5-E353-4C25-84B8-2288040A0079 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 6.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-flintstones-please-help?hl=ravve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.