Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

803D8A13-A35B-4317-A9FA-C6AB1C0F32B8 (resized).jpeg
img_0612.jpg
IMG_1407.JPG
Ersteinrichtung PIN2DMD.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Inkochnito:

Can someone please help me in the right direction?
I've bought a PIN2DMD display from German Gaming Supplies, but it came without any documentation.
I want to put this display in my Junk Yard machine.
Can I connect the display to the Power Driver board or do I need an external power supply?
Peter

You connect to power driver board (5V but you can also connect to a 12V source to ensure enough power is fed to the display which will convert to 5V). I installed mine a few months back, and I connected to J117 (Pin 2 +12V = red wire & Pin 3 Ground = black wire).

IMG_1407.JPGIMG_1407.JPG

#6 5 years ago

FYI, here is what my PIN2DMD looks like from back.

img_0612.jpgimg_0612.jpg

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

My link points to the English version of that.
My kit looks the same as yours, I did connect it to the headers as shown in the posts below yours. It works perfectly fine. No need for a dedicated psu.

I connected mine as was suggested to me by the manufacturer. Just to clarify, I connected red to the 12V pin, not the 5V. My board has been nothing but perfection since I received it. I had it for months outside of my pin testing with a dedicated power supply, and now installed in the pin the way I illustrated for several months. Not saying that others don't have a negative experience, but mine has been purely positive.

Also, if you board is newer, it may be of different design. If that is the case, then my instruction may not apply.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I had two. One had a power supply and one looked just like the one in photographed in this thread. That on I connected to the headers and all is well.
mr_tantrum Are you using color with it? Is there a video of you colored pin2dmd in action somewhere? I decided to not engage into that initially and use the red only. Really like it, but wondering what colored will look like if done well. And since you did everything extremely well, yours would be the perfect one to see

Still working on colorization. I run mine in re about 50% brightness right now.

#20 5 years ago

Okay guys, here is what you need to know about the connections & buttons on the back of the DMD board:

- When plugging into PC use micro-usb to communicate with pin2dmd software
- For power when installed on pin, I've been informed for the German Gaming Systems version to use a 12V power supply connected to the 12V leads coming from the back of the DMD assembly to power the system (just like it was connected to the pinball machine). Do not plug a 12V adaptor directly into the board as I believe this may only be a 5V connector.
- Can do the same as above plus connect DMD ribbon cable to pinball machine when testing prior to permanent installation
- To manually adjust settings on board (e.g. single color and brightness) you can do the following:
1) Power board on
2) While holding the blue user button down, press and release the black reset button (continue holding down blue button) DMD will reset then you will see "CONFIG MENU" displayed on bottom of DMD. You may now release the blue button
3) Push Menu button to cycle through menu options
a) Device Mode
b) Color Palette
c) Brightness
d) Enhancer (I don't know what this does)
e) Save Config
f) Exit
4) While on a given menu, press the option button to cycle through the options. When you arrive to the option you want, press the menu button to accept that option
5) To save your settings, press menu button until you see Save Config then press option button (you will see "saved" and the DMD will reboot)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mr_Tantrum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-connection-help-needed?tu=Mr_Tantrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.