(Topic ID: 199853)

Pin2DMD colorization of....... World Cup 94!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 89 days ago by Redrum1986
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot (15) (resized).png
Bicycle kick.gif
finale sequence.gif
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-24 at 14.28.36 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-21 at 12.42.30 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpg
IMG_0532 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1580710583670 (resized).jpg
val1 (resized).jpg
val3 (resized).jpg
val2 (resized).jpg
NewIntro.gif
kick camera.gif
Final Draw.gif
replay.gif
replay.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

YES! Will be following this!

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

welp there seems to be a lot of random fireworks, so Im gonna talk with Lucky and Steve about a way to handle them, but I'll work on all the other stuff in the interim.
"Goal" is totally masked, so no matter what the score is, it'll transition correctly.

That looks very good so far. Eagerly awaiting this!

#9 6 years ago

If you are taking suggestions wonder if the blue should be the teal from the rest of the game.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Im always up for suggestions and feed back, doesnt mean I'll do it but I'll listen!
I do have a finite number of palettes, I can change the letters to teal if I can use the same colors on other scenes and what not.

Well color scheme of the game is teel and purple. Not sure how to incorporate that however.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

The crowd is covered in peanut butter.

I actually liked that

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

Agreed on the use of teal and purple to complement the game.
Also, you seem to be the only one with a grasp on the Pin2DMD editor. Any chance at a vidtorial on its use (esp the new version)? I think there are several of us who want to assist in coloring games but can't make quick work of the editor.

As you know I found the editor terribly clunky and existing explanations/tutorials did not help at all. It always seemed to be the classic defining a word with itself issue... After 15+ hours of trying to colorize the bookcase in TAF I gave up.

#23 6 years ago

When striker is in front of the crowd the brown looks a little odd. not sure what other color to make the crowd though...

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So much for half the work......

You did not have to change it. Perhaps brown is the best way to go. Maybe as you work on the project you will find a color or idea that you like better.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I dont know if I'll do it for the rest of the already done scenes, but it was easy enough for that one, its just a TON of frames. Worth it to you?

not really. i will be happy with anything that i get.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You guys dont mind if I put an update with a new GIF right?

OMG I was starting to have withdraw from waiting so long for another gif

Looks great!

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chuckles:

Imma just wait over here patiently for Malenko to finish this and then pray to god he brings a young Christina Ricci into color
This is looking amazing btw

wouldnt mind seeing addams after this one

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

gotta finish this first and go from there.

if you need testing for wcs i'd be glad to. was going to probably swap in the pin2dmd tomorrow in preparation for this anyway.

1 month later
#64 6 years ago

been a while, how is this progressing?

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Super slow. I do the coloring in my spare time and I've been "hitting the books hard" with trying jump from Sr. System Admin/Engineer to Cyber security (got my Sec+ already)
I want to get back to this but I'm more concerned with my career

Well you spoiled me with constant updates then nothing . Take your time, I can wait.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Wanna be my beta tester? I'll send you a link to the files, you have to tell me what doesn't work (which will be a lot). You might also have to supply some recordings. You down?

I would love to do it but I am afraid that with working 70 hours a week (and holiday prep) I will not have time to provide any good feedback. I do have vacation scheduled for between Christmas and New Years so I could do it then. If that time frame is good for you then let me know.

I will see if I can get the DMD installed in WCS tonight.

3 weeks later
#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Didnt see this reply :/ Started working on stuff again I can PM you a link to the files if you'd like.

I still have not gotten the dmd installed. i will let you know if i find time this week. work is crushing right now but hopefully this weekend.

1 week later
#74 6 years ago

What are you using to power this? I may install it today.

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

wut?

I dont have a WCS94, but in T2 I tapped the 12V line, and in SF2 I have a power supply, but that'll get converted to a line tap too

Does the 12v in t2 have enough amps for this panel?

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I have had ZERO issues.

Thanks

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Just to be sure. You need to have the DC-DC converter installed to connect to 12V. The panels need 5V

What is the preferred converter to use here?

2 years later
#113 4 years ago
Quoted from Wanimal:

Love mine![quoted image]

How did you power it?

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from KOAmps:

I made an adapter that split the 12v coming from J116 to a DC/DC converter that knocked it down to 4.8v for the screen and controller.[quoted image][quoted image]

Any instructions for this? I need to use mine as it is just collecting dust and wcs seems like the perfect game.

3 weeks later
#130 4 years ago
Quoted from KOAmps:

Finale scene updated and triggering properly, might change the crowd to teal/blue later.[quoted image]

Nice work. It may be a good idea to set this up on GitHub if for nothing else having backups and also a free place to host it.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from KOAmps:

It is now up on github: https://github.com/KOAmps/WCS94-Pin2dmd
Recorded a dump file from my machine and did a bunch of updates, WCS94 KO 14 are the latest files. Goal! triggers better now, but still is a little late with the brown default palette for a few frames at the start. The animations with dynamic content seem like they'll be the biggest pain. Wonder if I should just trigger individual frames with plain color mask mode or bother messing with the new layered color mask.[quoted image]

Awesome. I ordered the power supply people have been using and will probably put my pin2dmd into wcs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

3,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 85.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Balt, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider syco54645.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-world-cup-94?tu=syco54645 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.