(Topic ID: 199853)

Pin2DMD colorization of....... World Cup 94!

By Malenko

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 163 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by Redrum1986
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot (15) (resized).png
Bicycle kick.gif
finale sequence.gif
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-24 at 14.28.36 (resized).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-02-21 at 12.42.30 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0531 (resized).jpg
IMG_0532 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1580710583670 (resized).jpg
val1 (resized).jpg
val3 (resized).jpg
val2 (resized).jpg
NewIntro.gif
kick camera.gif
Final Draw.gif
replay.gif
replay.gif

There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

If I have an existing PinDMD on another game, what's the best way to get a new key?

If you only swap the game no new key is needed. Only if you have new hardware.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

If I have an existing PinDMD on another game, what's the best way to get a new key?

You don't need a new key! the key is a "1-time" activation for the device.
You can change the dmd to whatever game you want at any time.

Replace the pin2dmd.fsq and pin2dmd.pal file with the new ones (depening if availbale for your new game you want to put it in)
and thats all.

EDIT: lucky1 was faster...

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

To move the pin2dmd from 1 game to another you just change the pin2dmd.pal and pin2dmd.fsq files on the SD card and move it over. You only have the "unlock" the firmware once.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The brown crowd is actually an accurate representation of many World Cup soccer crowds.

...alrighty then...

#55 6 years ago

You guys dont mind if I put an update with a new GIF right?

Final Draw.gifFinal Draw.gif

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

You guys dont mind if I put an update with a new GIF right?

OMG I was starting to have withdraw from waiting so long for another gif

Looks great!

#57 6 years ago

Imma just wait over here patiently for Malenko to finish this and then pray to god he brings a young Christina Ricci into color

This is looking amazing btw

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chuckles:

Imma just wait over here patiently for Malenko to finish this and then pray to god he brings a young Christina Ricci into color
This is looking amazing btw

wouldnt mind seeing addams after this one

#59 6 years ago

Yes Addams would be great!!

#60 6 years ago

gotta finish this first and go from there.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

gotta finish this first and go from there.

if you need testing for wcs i'd be glad to. was going to probably swap in the pin2dmd tomorrow in preparation for this anyway.

2 weeks later
#62 6 years ago

havent had a ton of time to work on this, but Im still chipping away.

#63 6 years ago

Malenko How can I get your Color Files, when they are done?
I just like to get the finished V-Pin file....

thanks

1 month later
#64 6 years ago

been a while, how is this progressing?

#65 6 years ago

Super slow. I do the coloring in my spare time and I've been "hitting the books hard" with trying jump from Sr. System Admin/Engineer to Cyber security (got my Sec+ already)

I want to get back to this but I'm more concerned with my career

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Super slow. I do the coloring in my spare time and I've been "hitting the books hard" with trying jump from Sr. System Admin/Engineer to Cyber security (got my Sec+ already)

Well you spoiled me with constant updates then nothing . Take your time, I can wait.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I've been "hitting the books hard" with trying jump from Sr. System Admin/Engineer to Cyber security (got my Sec+ already)

I am in the same boat, need to be prepared to change paths in the next half-dozen or so years and "cyber security" is the hot landing spot these days. I may have to buy you a beer and hear your story one of these days... do you do any of the area tourneys or leagues?

#68 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Well you spoiled me with constant updates then nothing . Take your time, I can wait.

Wanna be my beta tester? I'll send you a link to the files, you have to tell me what doesn't work (which will be a lot). You might also have to supply some recordings. You down?

Quoted from emkay:

I am in the same boat, need to be prepared to change paths in the next half-dozen or so years and "cyber security" is the hot landing spot these days. I may have to buy you a beer and hear your story one of these days... do you do any of the area tourneys or leagues?

I dont drink, but you can buy me a coke
My story is boring and sucks. Worked the assembly line at Chrylser for like a decade, when the plant closed I followed my love of computers. Started at Comcast, worked for some MSPs, now Im a sr admin. Ive pretty much hit the ceiling of what I can make doing this, so Im moving on to security. Im going to get a few secuirty certs then change jerbs. But I'll be applying what I learn where I work now. I do plan to make the jump some time next year though.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Wanna be my beta tester? I'll send you a link to the files, you have to tell me what doesn't work (which will be a lot). You might also have to supply some recordings. You down?

I would love to do it but I am afraid that with working 70 hours a week (and holiday prep) I will not have time to provide any good feedback. I do have vacation scheduled for between Christmas and New Years so I could do it then. If that time frame is good for you then let me know.

I will see if I can get the DMD installed in WCS tonight.

2 weeks later
#70 6 years ago

Didnt see this reply :/ Started working on stuff again I can PM you a link to the files if you'd like.

kick camera.gifkick camera.gif

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Didnt see this reply :/ Started working on stuff again I can PM you a link to the files if you'd like.

I still have not gotten the dmd installed. i will let you know if i find time this week. work is crushing right now but hopefully this weekend.

1 week later
#72 6 years ago

So good news and bad news.
Good News :I quit trying to just mask everything, so Im going to have a much bigger palette on all the frames.....
Bad News: I have to redo pretty much everything.....
Good News: No more "peanut butter" crowd...
Bad News: Im 1% done again lololol

I can reuse a fair amount of frames that have already been done, but I have to pull all new recordings and everything.

NewIntro.gifNewIntro.gif

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

So good news and bad news.
Good News :I quit trying to just mask everything, so Im going to have a much bigger palette on all the frames.....
Bad News: I have to redo pretty much everything.....
Good News: No more "peanut butter" crowd...
Bad News: Im 1% done again lololol
I can reuse a fair amount of frames that have already been done, but I have to pull all new recordings and everything.

Whilst you're at it, can you turn fake Snoopy into dot-Valderrama?

#74 6 years ago

What are you using to power this? I may install it today.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Whilst you're at it, can you turn fake Snoopy into dot-Valderrama?

wut?

Quoted from Syco54645:

What are you using to power this? I may install it today.

I dont have a WCS94, but in T2 I tapped the 12V line, and in SF2 I have a power supply, but that'll get converted to a line tap too

#76 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

wut?

I dont have a WCS94, but in T2 I tapped the 12V line, and in SF2 I have a power supply, but that'll get converted to a line tap too

Does the 12v in t2 have enough amps for this panel?

#77 6 years ago

I have had ZERO issues.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

I have had ZERO issues.

Thanks

#79 6 years ago

Fake Snoopy is the unloved dog character associated with WC '94, and on the DMD and translite of WCS.

Carlos Valderrama was like an unofficial mascot, due to his incredibly recognisable appearance. He was the the captain of the Colombian team, and had a massive blond afro style perm.

val2 (resized).jpgval2 (resized).jpg
val3 (resized).jpgval3 (resized).jpg
val1 (resized).jpgval1 (resized).jpg

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Does the 12v in t2 have enough amps for this panel?

Just to be sure. You need to have the DC-DC converter installed to connect to 12V. The panels need 5V

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Just to be sure. You need to have the DC-DC converter installed to connect to 12V. The panels need 5V

What is the preferred converter to use here?

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Fake Snoopy is the unloved dog character associated with WC '94, and on the DMD and translite of WCS.
Carlos Valderrama was like an unofficial mascot, due to his incredibly recognisable appearance. He was the the captain of the Colombian team, and had a massive blond afro style perm.

If you would have said "replace Striker with Carlos Valderrama" I would have known what you meant and it woulda been faster to say no :p

I might alter a sequence and sneak Valderrama in, but I dont know how well I can draw him at such a low resolution

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

What is the preferred converter to use here?

Either XL4015 based 5A or XL4016E1 based 8A. Can be found e.g. on ebay

2 weeks later
#84 6 years ago

Malenko if you still need a beta tester I just installed pin2dmd in my WCS and I'm happy to help, or otherwise pay for a copy of whatever you've got right now. I've got lots of experience submitting bug reports.

#85 6 years ago

Anyone else get a color glitch in the World Cup Finals? Mine went horizontal half purple, half yellow for about 10 sec then corrected itslef.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Anyone else get a color glitch in the World Cup Finals? Mine went horizontal half purple, half yellow for about 10 sec then corrected itslef.

Couldnt be for pin2dmd I havent released anything. You have a colorDMD?

Quoted from Brijam:

malenko if you still need a beta tester I just installed pin2dmd in my WCS and I'm happy to help, or otherwise pay for a copy of whatever you've got right now. I've got lots of experience submitting bug reports.

Yeah I'll release the files for public beta soon. I pretty much started over so not much is done, but having someone with an actual machine would be a HUGE help.

#87 6 years ago
Quoted from Malenko:

Yeah I'll release the files for public beta soon. I pretty much started over so not much is done, but having someone with an actual machine would be a HUGE help.

Happy to help - I can install code the the day I get your files. Feel free to send in ant condition but no rush!

3 weeks later
#88 6 years ago

I'm about to move my color to a WCS so I could help test (gotta power it first).

1 week later
#89 6 years ago

Just made the move today so I can give it a shot.

#90 6 years ago

Anybody know an alternate way to get in touch with Unclesash? I PMd him on VPuniverse a few days ago but I’m not sure how quick he is to respond. I wanted to order a couple of the boards

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anybody know an alternate way to get in touch with Unclesash? I PMd him on VPuniverse a few days ago but I’m not sure how quick he is to respond. I wanted to order a couple of the boards

He was not in the US the last 2 weeks. He is also here on pinside.

#92 6 years ago

I'm tempted to put PIN2DMDs in all my games if I can track down decent files for them. I really like how it looks for the price.

#93 6 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

He was not in the US the last 2 weeks. He is also here on pinside.

Oh! Thanks I did not know he is also on Pinside. Thanks lucky!

#94 6 years ago

Im going to pass my current files over to Lucky to look over. Some scenes are colored, but need triggered better. I dont have an actual pin to test on and Im afraid a bunch of shit doesnt work.

#95 6 years ago

In the meantime, can anyone point me toward setting up a basic pallete for this game? No matter what I do, it won't change from plain white dots.
Looking forward to even beta files.

2 weeks later
#96 5 years ago

Malenko seriously, I'm happy to test. I have two WCS' and one already has a Pin2DMD in it...

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

In the meantime, can anyone point me toward setting up a basic pallete for this game? No matter what I do, it won't change from plain white dots.
Looking forward to even beta files.

With PIN2DMD installed, you need to set the color mode on the panel. Only thing on the SD card should be the license file (no config files). Then, whatever color mode you physically set on the panel using the buttons to access configuration will be the default moving forward (white, red, orange, yellow, blue, 3 color, etc.)

Also, you can set the default brightness. A little less that 1/2 bright on red is what I am currently using.

#98 5 years ago

I'll throw what little I have done up when I get home. I started a new job with more demanding work and hours, so almost all of my free time got gobbled up at the expense now being able to afford a better life

I'll still chip away at this, a scene or two at a time, but I'm hoping with the source files up someone else will want to take up the mantle.

1 year later
#100 4 years ago

Hello,

is there a version for real pinball ?
thanks a lot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Northglenn, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits
Electronics
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
Toys/Add-ons
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Plantsville, CT
$ 26.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 8.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-world-cup-94/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.