(Topic ID: 203167)

Pin2DMD colorization of Super Mario Bros.

By ScottyC

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Ghost Award.gif
Yoshi.gif
30000000 Million.gif
1000000 Million.gif
Shoot the Bumpers.gif
Run for cover Beginning.gif
Run for Cover.gif
Run for Cover Treasure.gif
Run for Cover explosion.gif
Run for Cover.gif
Run for Cover Treasure.gif
Run for Cover explosion.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turbomensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#90 3 years ago

hi guys,

will this also work with a very early SMB..? because lucky1 mentioned there may be problems with the early machines? just thinking of getting a Pin2DMD for my SMB (acc. serial no. one of the first) and not sure if it will work proper..? will the problem be solved with newer versions of the game ROM?

btw. full respect for the great work of ScottyC and Lucxor

#92 3 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

There should be no difference from the hardware side between a early and a later machine except the ROM version which can be updated.

Thank you.. so question to Lucxor or ScottyC : What ROM Version GPROM and DSPROM have you applied and is it working proper with that?

Thanks and regards!

1 year later
#121 1 year ago

Also very interested about a adaptation for a physical machine.. incredible great work from ScottyC and Lucxor for Mario fans around the world

3 weeks later
#139 1 year ago

is there any file with ScottyC new scenes (slot machine and so on) AND the castle files and so on from Lucxor (newest version to test on real Pin). Also tried colorization some scenes on my own but don’t get the logic how the Pin2DMD editor works..
I‘m running Pin2DMD v4.46 and SMB GPRom Rev3. Pin2DMD is set to Gottlieb v1

1 week later
#157 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

This is for Pin2dmd set to Gottlieb V1,
And the game Rom V3.

I’ve tested the files on my real Pin (Rom V3 and Pin2DMD firmware 4.46 set to Gottlieb V1. To give some feedback: the new scenes work (and look fantastic) but they are running in an extremely low frame rate.. the castles and the new scenes also so run very long because of the low frame rate.. also some wrong colours occure, but that was already in the original newer files of Scotty.

#160 1 year ago

now running Pin2DMD on firmware v4.49 and all the animations run smooth - really great work!

do you also still have some minor colour problems? For example the letters when choosing a round are not in one color but habe some kind of pattern? and after quick shot the colours of the whole display are false, until another switch is hit..

#163 1 year ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Yes this problem still exist. I think there already known on Scottys work. I will not work on fixing that as i don't understand the Pin2dmd Editor as good as Scotty. i firstly only replace all the scenes i know how and want to.

I fully understand.. I'm actually trying to work into the Pin2DMD editor with help of the above linked video and playing around on Scottys original files.. but as you said - it's really not easy to understand - at least not for me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider turbomensh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-super-mario-bros?tu=turbomensh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.