(Topic ID: 203167)

Pin2DMD colorization of Super Mario Bros.

By ScottyC

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image3 (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image1 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Ghost Award.gif
Yoshi.gif
30000000 Million.gif
1000000 Million.gif
Shoot the Bumpers.gif
Run for cover Beginning.gif
Run for Cover.gif
Run for Cover Treasure.gif
Run for Cover explosion.gif
Run for Cover.gif
Run for Cover Treasure.gif
Run for Cover explosion.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddio13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 3 years ago

Am I able to add this to my SMB? If so, what would I need to get for this to work. Thanks for all your hard work.

#82 3 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

yes you are.
You need a Colordmd wich is activatet(activation key) and some tecnical knowledge how to install it. Or someone who can help you.
After that you just had to copy the files from the droppox to your SD Card and done.
I first ordered my colordmd on a German website, wich is scamming people so do not buy from them if you don't want to lose your money.
after that I was able to buy one from this guy
https://pin-display.ch/
Maybe you could buy one from someone wich do not need his dmd any more.

Am I able to buy a Colordmd from ColorDmd.com or do those not have the proper activation key as you mentioned.

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

It's not a ColorDMD, but rather Pin2DMD which is separate hardware. At this time ColorDMD does not support this game. Pin2DMD is more of a DIY type experience...

Thank you. I see that TinyBlackDog has some for sale in the pinside classifieds. I may be buying from there then.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:Pin2dmd, pin2dmd.com. Not colordmd, those don't work on gottliebs as far as I know.
I don't know of any US retail websites but some individuals sell them. Here is one of the evo boards for sale.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/108459

Thanks I just notice those for sale there and will probably get one.

3 months later
#95 3 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

yes you are.
You need a Pin2dmd wich is activatet(activation key) and some tecnical knowledge how to install it. Or someone who can help you.
After that you just had to copy the files from the droppox to your SD Card and done.
I first ordered my pin2dmd on a German website, wich is scamming people so do not buy from them if you don't want to lose your money.
after that I was able to buy one from this guy
https://pin-display.ch/
Maybe you could buy one from someone wich do not need his pin2dmd any more.

Thanks Lucxor for all the info. I purchased by Pin2dmd and also got the activation key and have it all installed. Now for the copying the files (sorry for being a newb on this part). I copied the whole folder from the Dropbox to my SD card and inserted it into the Pin2DMD slot. Am I supposed to do anything else after this since nothing happens when the game is turned on (just shows the Pin2dmd graphics).

Thanks again for any help

#98 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

You just need the pin2dmd.pal, pin2dmd.fsq, and .key file directly on the sd card root, not in a directory.

Thanks latenite04 That is what I currently have. Must be something else I am doing wrong.

Pin2dmdfiles (resized).pngPin2dmdfiles (resized).png
#99 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

You just need the pin2dmd.pal, pin2dmd.fsq, and .key file directly on the sd card root, not in a directory.

latenite04 - I was able to get it working. I forgot to select Gottlieb for the setup menu on the display. I guess that should be put somewhere in the instructions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 68.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daddio13.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin2dmd-colorization-of-super-mario-bros?tu=daddio13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.